Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Any speculation about what the lines will look like when everyone's back?

PS I probably missed it, but I hope someone gave Chris Connolly a tip of the hat for getting his 100th career point against UNH at the Whitt (and then two more in Orono)?

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      Conceding you have no obligation to do so, can you expand upon your "not the right program" comment? In what respects?
      Quality kid, rare talent. Will be a better pro than a college player. I meant league, not so much BU. Smart move as his goal is nhl not Beanpot.

Not the thread to start up on college game but it is a borderline bowling alley and has zero to do with pro style game. To much running around and hitting for all the wrong reasons. Hockey east is best league in country but MJ will get him ready for pros quicker, with his style. Thee is a reason why he looked so good at WJC and not as much when playing other college teams.

Will have along pro career and is a solid+ skater, considered very good for the style he will play

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
        I think both apply. I'll be rooting for the U.S. obviously at the WJC but he is going to fall into the BC player category where I'm rooting for the team but not certain individual players to play well..unless it's helping Clendening rack up the assists.
        I know where you're coming from but at the end of the day, Coyle will still be a BU guy. Anytime anyone talks about Coyle + NCAA, BU will undoubtedly be referred to. I'll still be rooting for him and hopefully he does well in MJ and eventually the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Quality kid, rare talent. Will be a better pro than a college player. I meant league, not so much BU. Smart move as his goal is nhl not Beanpot.

Not the thread to start up on college game but it is a borderline bowling alley and has zero to do with pro style game. To much running around and hitting for all the wrong reasons. Hockey east is best league in country but MJ will get him ready for pros quicker, with his style. Thee is a reason why he looked so good at WJC and not as much when playing other college teams.

Will have along pro career and is a solid+ skater, considered very good for the style he will play
          I understand what you're saying, but my albeit basic understanding of the Q is that it's a run and gun, up and down the ice, derby-style game with lots of scoring and little defense. From his games at BU, he never seemed the type who would especially excel in that type of environment. He's a good skater, but never struck me as a speedster. His game seemed to be more utilizing his size and strength to outwork guys along the boards and in front of the net to establish position, set screens, clean up pucks around the net, and fire off shots from the low slot. Not saying he couldn't or won't excel in the Q, but I don't see how his game is more suited for that than playing in the top college league that has its fair share of speed and size.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Giving him a pass for not being able or willing to do the work to stay in school
            Not high quality to leave your teammates mid-season

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Awww. A dead link. You shouldn't have!
              http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/holiday11/
              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Awww. A dead link. You shouldn't have!
                Try this.
                If this doesn't work, the one at the UML thread works.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  I understand what you're saying, but my albeit basic understanding of the Q is that it's a run and gun, up and down the ice, derby-style game with lots of scoring and little defense. From his games at BU, he never seemed the type who would especially excel in that type of environment. He's a good skater, but never struck me as a speedster. His game seemed to be more utilizing his size and strength to outwork guys along the boards and in front of the net to establish position, set screens, clean up pucks around the net, and fire off shots from the low slot. Not saying he couldn't or won't excel in the Q, but I don't see how his game is more suited for that than playing in the top college league that has its fair share of speed and size.
                  true, I like OHL much better. Can't stand the Q and outside Yandle and Hennesy, not many mass kids do well up there. The key is it is a slowed down, pro style game with 80 games vs 30 and he will be in AHL next year anyways. It is pretty obvious he didnt like school, such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                    Giving him a pass for not being able or willing to do the work to stay in school
                    Not high quality to leave your teammates mid-season
                    BU has created that atmosphere over the past 5+ years. All kids who think they are first liners and no role guys. If you have the pro mentality and or pro dreams, you find out real quick you are just a pawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      BU has created that atmosphere over the past 5+ years. All kids who think they are first liners and no role guys. If you have the pro mentality and or pro dreams, you find out real quick you are just a pawn.
                      this didn't really answer the question.

are you saying that charlie didn't think he needed to play a role? wouldn't accept things that didn't say to him, "hey, you are a first liner. how would you like your milk?" that he was a pawn, being told to work corners or stand in front of the net on the pp and he should have had better opportunities that weren't presented to him here but will be up north?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        this didn't really answer the question.

are you saying that charlie didn't think he needed to play a role? wouldn't accept things that didn't say to him, "hey, you are a first liner. how would you like your milk?" that he was a pawn, being told to work corners or stand in front of the net on the pp and he should have had better opportunities that weren't presented to him here but will be up north?
                        nope. just saying it is clear from his statements that he wanted to go take a crack at pro hockey and could care less about school. unfortunate but life goes on

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

...or even a Keny Roche
                          Whoa! Calm down, please.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

nope. just saying it is clear from his statements that he wanted to go take a crack at pro hockey and could care less about school. unfortunate but life goes on
                            which gets back to my original point about being a quitter. what was he expecting when he came to BU? not like he'd never seen or been around a college program before.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Well- it took coyle 24 seconds to score his first goal in world junior tourney

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                                Well- it took coyle 24 seconds to score his first goal in world junior tourney
                                holy cross can beat denmark.....
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X