Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    nick's good.........then they had Jeff George. Marc Wilson was prior and was the QB during the year the Pats beat Oak in the AFC divisional game in LA (when moron Patrick Sullivan was clocked by a Raider in the head with his helmet after the game for being a **ckhead) and then were blown out be Da Bears
    Raider who clocked Sullivan = Matt Millen
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Marc Wilson was prior and was the QB during the year the Pats beat Oak in the AFC divisional game in LA (when moron Patrick Sullivan was clocked by a Raider in the head with his helmet...
      Yeah, that was actually Matt Millen, now the TV analyst. Sullivan was taunting him as they were running off the field after the game. I'm sure it was because of that ridiculous Raiders slogan "Commitment to Excellence" - but it was still a classless move. Any wonder why the organization never won anything until Robert Kraft owned it? By the way, there was one more game before they got clocked by the Bears. The Raider game was in the divisional rround - the next week the Pats went down to Miami and defeated the Dolphins in the famous "Squish the Fish" game. I believe that was the first time that a wild card team (and, of course, being the wild card, they had to win all of their games on the road) won three games and made it to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Whoops...I guess I should read the previous post before I put something up, huh? But since I'm at it - Matt Millen is also the analyst who broke down on ESPN when discussing the Sandusky thing at Penn State...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          I believe that was the first time that a wild card team (and, of course, being the wild card, they had to win all of their games on the road) won three games and made it to the Super Bowl.
          1980 oakland raiders won 3 on the road, and then won the superbowl

and the game before squish the fist... people are neglecting to mention that the MVP for the patriots that game was Sammy Seal.... without whom, the Raiders could have won 20-6

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

and the game before squish the fist... people are neglecting to mention that the MVP for the patriots that game was Sammy Seal.... without whom, the Raiders could have won 20-6
            i think the wild card game was at home (vs houston)
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Yeah, that was actually Matt Millen, now the TV analyst. Sullivan was taunting him as they were running off the field after the game. I'm sure it was because of that ridiculous Raiders slogan "Commitment to Excellence" - but it was still a classless move. Any wonder why the organization never won anything until Robert Kraft owned it? By the way, there was one more game before they got clocked by the Bears. The Raider game was in the divisional rround - the next week the Pats went down to Miami and defeated the Dolphins in the famous "Squish the Fish" game. I believe that was the first time that a wild card team (and, of course, being the wild card, they had to win all of their games on the road) won three games and made it to the Super Bowl.
              yeah, i corrected my first post, it was the divisional game and i wont ever forget marc wilson's 9-27-3 for 91 yard beauty or something like that.................BUT, the Raiders were the first wildcard team to win the super bowl, not the Pats

edit: i should have read all the posts too because i repeated know-it-all, who i guess, does know it all

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

he was runner up for MVP, the MVP of that game for the pats was Marc Wilson, truly one of the worst QB's i've ever seen. That Raider team was loaded, but he was at the helm

Comment

I'll take Boston College Oakland Raiders 1980s NFL Miscellany Thread for $100.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

he was runner up for MVP, the MVP of that game for the pats was Marc Wilson, truly one of the worst QB's i've ever seen. That Raider team was loaded, but he was at the helm
                    beg to differ... Marc Wilson was at the helm for 20 points on offense, iirc.
                    Seal dropped three balls inside the 10 yard line and the Pats recovered all 3... leading to instant scores, and 21 pts. 20 for Wilson, -21 for Seal.

being a Raider fan, I will aslo add, that it was a fumble, not a tuck, Stingley tried to cheap shot Tatum and Hamilton completly annihilated Stabler... completely

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                      Seal dropped three balls inside the 10 yard line and the Pats recovered all 3... leading to instant scores, and 21 pts. 20 for Wilson, -21 for Seal.

being a Raider fan, I will aslo add, that it was a fumble, not a tuck, Stingley tried to cheap shot Tatum and Hamilton completly annihilated Stabler... completely. and that mookie was right (again!) and i was wrong (again!!). houston was at oak in 1980 for the wc game, so the raiders only won 2 road games. man, i should change my name to knowsonlyalittlenotall
                      fyp
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

good points........... and yes,it was a fumble , in every football game you have ever watched except that one..........and Sugar Ray authored the first tomahawk chop ever leading with his forearm and smashing it into Snake's helmet so that WAS a penalty for roughing the passer. I will maintain that the stupid Pats fans point to that call as the one that changed the outcome while it really was the not called pass interference on Villapiano "covering" Russ Francis earlier in the 4th that gave the Raiders a chance..............btw, i knew the Raiders only won 2 road games as the wild card (lester Hayes) but they were the "first wild card team" to win the SB

and i beg to differ, the Raiders scored 20 on offense "despite" marc wilson being at the helm, he was just terrible
                        Last edited by sterlippo1; 12-23-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          I'll take Boston College Oakland Raiders 1980s NFL Miscellany Thread for $100.
                          hahahaha, love it

Comment

This board was much better when you guys were losing a player a day, how about you get on that...

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              This board was much better when you guys were losing a player a day, how about you get on that...
                              Are you that incapable of discussing your own team in your own thread?
                              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                                Are you that incapable of discussing your own team in your own thread?
                                like you dont stop to watch a flaming car wreck
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X