Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I finally figured out who the third guy to leave is...

Mike Boyle. Reportedly hired by the Red Sox.
    That makes sense. He certainly qualifies as a "role player".Too bad that it doesn't free up any scholarship $.

Comment

I read that last night. It seems unclear at this point whether this would mean he "left" BU. I understand he's done a lot of work outside of BU while he's been here, and it's not like his new job is all that far away. Plus, baseball season overlaps with only a portion of the hockey season, though I would imagine spring training in Florida would keep him from Boston during a key stretch. I have to think Parker's going to do his **** best to make sure he's still involved with the program, that's a huge recruiting tool. If he does indeed leave completely, that would probably be the long term biggest loss for the program of all three.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        J.D., he is just reeling you in like crazy right now...
        Great. Two more posts and he would have posted his social security # out here for me.

But, there is a bright side to all of this. If he has a paying job, he's now the front runner for commencement speaker at the next Westfield St graduation ceremony!
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I have zero inside knowledge on this, but I doubt this means he is leaving BU. He was the strenght coach for the Bruins for a while while he was also with BU and also has his own independent venture.

Comment

Poor Rover. Will never understand that it's about the individual.

Comment

Poor Rover. Will never understand that it's about the individual.
              Geez, take it elsewhere already.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Where would you like me to take it? If your fellow BU fan puts a sock in it (very hard for him to do)...it ends.

Comment

Where would you like me to take it?

Not even going there....
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    I was in house for all of the 1970's titles (NCAA, ECAC) and was with the program all the way thru the period before Parker thought he was bigger then the program, the school and anyone in it. He is a tired old drunk who's act grew old 10 years ago and has gotten progressively worse year after year. When Parker is gone I will vociferously root for the program again. Until then I can atleast grudingly appreciate the classy and talented program that York has built.
                    Once againsomeone wants to throw around allgations about the personal life of the coach with no substatantiation. You diminish your credibilty big time when you make allegations like that. One would think that if you were aroundin the 70's that you are a mature adult but your behavior displays otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      I too heard that the root of this pressure was his dad, and not necessarily Adam.
                      Check the Marinovich project on ESPN films and see how that approach worked out!

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                        Once againsomeone wants to throw around allgations about the personal life of the coach with no substatantiation. You diminish your credibilty big time when you make allegations like that. One would think that if you were aroundin the 70's that you are a mature adult but your behavior displays otherwise!
                        Reminds me of a certain coach's recent allegations about one of his players........

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Not even going there....
                          Rover, please have mercy on him. This is too painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                            Reminds me of a certain coach's recent allegations about one of his players........
                            Yes "takes one to know one". I feel very confident in my statement, not sure what my age has to do with it.

Comment

Hey, did we lose anyone new today?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Yes "takes one to know one". I feel very confident in my statement, not sure what my age has to do with it.
                                Ummm... if it takes one to know one... what does that say about you?

Comment

Working...
                                X