Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
    You won't be saying that when Kevin Gilroy scores the GW OT goal in the NC game...
    uhh..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
      You won't be saying that when Kevin Gilroy scores the GW OT goal in the NC game...
      LOL. As much of a BU fan as I am, I'm also a realist. Funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        So then if we believe him (and that sounded pretty convincing) and we assume Hoky is correct... then I'm thinking that his reference may indeed have been towards #9
        Still think it might have to do with Clendening leaving, just not until the end of the season. He's very carefully chosen to say "next semester". Who knows, Chiasson could be out, too. Both of them leaving at season's end would come as a surprise to absolutely no one at this point.
        Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
          Love peanuts at he Bs games- almost as much as at Fenway.
          But I just know Agganis will screw them up somehow. I can't even think of a way to mess up peanuts, but if they can make a hot dog inedible...
          Unsalted?

Also, did the middle school blogger ever say Clendening? If he did, maybe his source thought he was getting too big a head

We know hokydad won't say anything until something actually happens. Until then, he'll just spit out riddles.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Unsalted?

Also, did the middle school blogger ever say Clendening? If he did, maybe his source thought he was getting too big a head

We know hokydad won't say anything until something actually happens. Until then, he'll just spit out riddles.
            The blogger never said Clendening until FL's story came out tonight, so it's easy to assume he was talking about Adam.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              The blogger never said Clendening until FL's story came out tonight, so it's easy to assume he was talking about Adam.
              Huh? Did he update his blog after the story came out?

Comment

Originally posted by Spazway View Post
                Still think it might have to do with Clendening leaving, just not until the end of the season. He's very carefully chosen to say "next semester". Who knows, Chiasson could be out, too. Both of them leaving at season's end would come as a surprise to absolutely no one at this point.
                There's a reason BU recruited five forwards for its 2012 class. Three seniors (including Trivino), Coyle, Chiasson. There's no way Dallas would let the second best prospect in its organization (Chiasson) return for a senior year and then be a few months away from free agency. Also unlikely the Wild would've let Coyle return for a junior season.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

The blogger and Hokydad were both referring to Clendening. I am 100% certain of that. I have not heard a single thing about Chiasson outside of a few bad guesses on here.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    There's no way Dallas would let the second best prospect in its organization (Chiasson) return for a senior year and then be a few months away from free agency. Also unlikely the Wild would've let Coyle return for a junior season.
                    The most updated version on Hockey's Future has Chiasson as their #3 prospect, but #1 forward prospect. I know Chiasson is a good player, but I don't think it's a good sign for Dallas that he's their top rated forward. You're right though, he's most likely gone. Just like Kreider. As for Coyle, does Minnesota have a history of signing kids after two years?

All I've ever heard of with Coyle is how much he's loved BU since he was a kid...and now he's bolting midseason in year two?

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    The blogger and Hokydad were both referring to Clendening. I am 100% certain of that. I have not heard a single thing about Chiasson outside of a few bad guesses on here.
                    Hokydad will never have to admit he was wrong because he never actually mentioned Clendening...who could have seen that coming.

Comment

The most updated version on Hockey's Future has Chiasson as their #3 prospect, but #1 forward prospect. I know Chiasson is a good player, but I don't think it's a good sign for Dallas that he's their top rated forward. You're right though, he's most likely gone. Just like Kreider.
                      As much as a team would love to see their guy lighting up the college ranks, it's pretty clear that Chiasson has refined his tools while he's been here, and he's ready to move on to the professional ranks. #1 F prospect, sure, that's not all you want to see though. I think he'll stick on their roster once he breaks through though.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Unsalted?
                        That would do it... I guess we should pretty much specify salted peanuts in our emails to Agganis conssessions management!

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        So....:
                        Connolly-Gill-Cisse
                        Nieto-Megan-Chiasson
                        Courtnall-Hohmann-Rodrigues
                        Gaudet-Rosen-Gilroy/Santana

This team might be in trouble...
                        Actually, while it clearly does not seem as loaded as we were two weeks ago, I actually like that lineup and think it should be a fun, competitive team to watch.... assuming of course they get over any psyhological stuff from the departures. Connolly... time to step up the leadership big time!

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                        Now how have the last 3 years been treating ya?
                        Actually I've thoroughly enjoyed going to the games and cheering the team on, celebrating some good wins, and yes of course feeling a tough loss on occasion. And truly, particularly last year, I didn't expect a whole lot more than what we got. For though me the enjoyment factor has remained at a high level. I feel bad for you if you have not been able to enjoy it as well. I guess every team has some bandwagon fans though.

Comment

Yeah, that lineup isn't half bad, although I wonder who is going to replace Trivino's goal scoring.

JD - I'm sure you do have a job in medical software, most likely in the mail room! Lets negotiate a price on the typewriter repair but it can't be for more than I can sell the thing for (about 35 bucks). Thanks again! - Rover.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            JD - I'm sure you do have a job in medical software, most likely in the mail room! Lets negotiate a price on the typewriter repair but it can't be for more than I can sell the thing for (about 35 bucks). Thanks again! - Rover.
                            Sounds like a good idea for a tv show that you could star in.

American (nose) Pickers
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Yeah, that lineup isn't half bad, although I wonder who is going to replace Trivino's goal scoring.
                              Before Matt Nieto missed a couple of games due to his shoulder, he was leading the team in points. I have faith he could pick it up on the goal end and work it out for the team. Not to mention Trivino wasn't a threat until this year. I feel like Nieto, in only a year and a half, has proved he can really play.
                              Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

Trivino seemed to be becoming a puck sniffer like Lawrence was his senior year, which lead to a lot of goals set up by other people, and by his ability to position himself in an open spot for a pass, or be in the right spot to grab a loose puck. I don't remember a lot of goals this year that he created on his own.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X