Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BC football has had one bad year in the last what...15 years? Or close to it. Try picking a different argument, fool. At least bring some facts to the conversation next time. By making fun of bowl eligibility, you're certainly not just making fun of BC. And as you mentioned, BU doesn't have a football team, so try focusing on something else.

At least three months, eh? When's the last time any of the events you just mentioned happened? You're not funny.
    1. Sober driver
    2. T admits driver was in the wrong

Next? I'm sure you'll go back to the gambling scandal...
    Just further proof that you're not nearly as funny as you think.
    ya, but was he an athlete at NU???
    Oh, you're right...I don't needto feel sorry for anybody.
    Not sure where you're going with this, but you're like a broken record. Once again, you know nothing about me. I've been going to BC games since I was a little kid (when they sucked) and even got a chance to cover the team about 5-6 years ago. If that's your definition of "latching onto", so be it. LOL. If I ever lose my job and move into my father's basement, I'll be sure to let you know. Considering I work with medical software, not sure I'd be able to help you with your typewriter. It's a real shame I didn't rack up huge debt in college loans though...how will I ever survive.
    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    J.D., you're a good guy, but I don't really think there's any defending BC football right now.
    I believe this what you would call the USCHO version of a "Smackdown" from SteveF, aka the People's Champion.
    Tony, not defending the current state. Just pointing out they've had one terrible season over a long stretch of years.
    For the rest of the BU fans on this thread wondering, I thought I'd explain that J.D. began to get really touchy and defensive after SteveF and Tonythe Tiger explained to him that still sleeping in his mother's bed was inappropriate.

Comment

So when are you two getting married?

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
        J.D., to answer your question, THIS

As you do much better with pretty pictures and the connect the dot game I thought the quotes above would be the best way to answer you.
        And how many of those were direct responses to BU fans? Most of mine certainly were. So perhaps you should place some of the blame with your own fans. Silly me, I thought you might actually want to try explaining one of your dumb statements. Guess not...

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
        For the rest of the BU fans on this thread wondering, I thought I'd explain that J.D. began to get really touchy and defensive after SteveF and Tonythe Tiger explained to him that still sleeping in his mother's bed was inappropriate.
        Does letting you know that my mother is no longer with us count as being "defensive" and "touchy"? Just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          .... By making fun of bowl eligibility, you're certainly not just making fun of BC. And as you mentioned, BU doesn't have a football team, so try focusing on something else.
          hey, i didn't see this - but i was having lunch with a bc buddy of mine today and he was telling me while watching the acc championship game on tv they had a crowd shot and someome (steve???) held up a "BU football undefeated since 1997" sign.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm sure they will never do it because of the added cleanup / sweeping that would be involved in the stands after the games, but I really think peanuts would be a great additoin to the snack assortment in the conession stands at Aggains. I would certinally buy a bag just about every game. Anyone else agree and want to start up an email campaign with me?

BU Hockey: Sweep the shells.

Comment

I think peanuts are meant for dumps like Fenway (although Conte could possibly sell them). I don't know, I just don't see peanuts as a hockey snack. Anyway, besides the beer, you guys have good pizza and snapple. Thumbs up.

Comment

I think peanuts are meant for dumps like Fenway (although Conte could possibly sell them). I don't know, I just don't see peanuts as a hockey snack. Anyway, besides the beer, you guys have good pizza and snapple. Thumbs up.
                I was trying to remember which other arenas (outside of baseball where they are an obvious staple) do sell them. I'm 99% sure the TD Garden does.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  +1 if you got creeped out by Steve's strangely meticulous memories. //shudder!//
                  its my curse.. but i cant, for the life of me, seem to remember who bu played that year

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  hey, i didn't see this - but i was having lunch with a bc buddy of mine today and he was telling me while watching the acc championship game on tv they had a crowd shot and someome (steve???) held up a "BU football undefeated since 1997" sign.
                  pfft.. like i'd be caught dead at that game.
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

In an unrelated post, Clendening spoke with http://***********/#!/smclaughlin9 (FL) and says he is staying. I'll believe him if he comes on the ice in a BU jersey, but unlike Coyle's quotes, he's far more definitive in denying the rumors, leaves no room for misinterpreting him.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      In an unrelated post, Clendening spoke with http://***********/#!/smclaughlin9 (FL) and says he is staying. I'll believe him if he comes on the ice in a BU jersey, but unlike Coyle's quotes, he's far more definitive in denying the rumors, leaves no room for misinterpreting him.
                      So then if we believe him (and that sounded pretty convincing) and we assume Hoky is correct... then I'm thinking that his reference may indeed have been towards #9

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Agreed. Seems to deny them much more strongly than Coyle and acknowledged that people won't believe him until he goes back. Not saying he couldn't change his mind or be lying but I'll take it. Scott Weighart also reported that Parker told him the top 2 centers would probably be Gill and Megan with Cisse possibly moving to the first line at right wing.
                        GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          So then if we believe him (and that sounded pretty convincing) and we assume Hoky is correct... then I'm thinking that his reference may indeed have been towards #9
                          I don't remember hoky definitively saying that someone was leaving, only that more trouble could be brewing, which is where this story fits in.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                            Agreed. Seems to deny them much more strongly than Coyle and acknowledged that people won't believe him until he goes back. Not saying he couldn't change his mind or be lying but I'll take it. Scott Weighart also reported that Parker told him the top 2 centers would probably be Gill and Megan with Cisse possibly moving to the first line at right wing.
                            So....:
                            Connolly-Gill-Cisse
                            Nieto-Megan-Chiasson
                            Courtnall-Hohmann-Rodrigues
                            Gaudet-Rosen-Gilroy/Santana

This team might be in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                              So....:
                              Connolly-Gill-Cisse
                              Nieto-Megan-Chiasson
                              Courtnall-Hohmann-Rodrigues
                              Gaudet-Rosen-Gilroy/Santana

This team might be in trouble...
                              You won't be saying that when Kevin Gilroy scores the GW OT goal in the NC game...
                              GO BU

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                I'm sure they will never do it because of the added cleanup / sweeping that would be involved in the stands after the games, but I really think peanuts would be a great additoin to the snack assortment in the conession stands at Aggains. I would certinally buy a bag just about every game. Anyone else agree and want to start up an email campaign with me?

BU Hockey: Sweep the shells.
                                Love peanuts at he Bs games- almost as much as at Fenway.
                                But I just know Agganis will screw them up somehow. I can't even think of a way to mess up peanuts, but if they can make a hot dog inedible...
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X