NCAA Women's Goaltending All Time Wins Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Women's Goaltending All Time Wins Record

Forgive me if I missed it, but I did not happen to notice any mention of this elsewhere on this board, and so I thought it was worthy of an independent thread.

With last weekend's overtime win vs. Boston College, Mercyhurt's Hilary Pattenden tied the NCAA record for wins which had been set by former Badger, Jessie Vetter.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-w...boston-college

Tonight, (December 14, 2011) Ms. Pattenden will attempt to set a new record as the Lakers take on the Lindenwood Lions in Erie at 7 PM. (Broadcast available through Americaone.com, http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=402)

Congratulations Hil!
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: NCAA Women's Goaltending All Time Wins Record

I am looking forward to seeing the record broken, hopefully tonight. I personally would like to see Hil get it tonight and see who else we have for goaltenders tomorrow night.
    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
      Forgive me if I missed it, but I did not happen to notice any mention of this elsewhere on this board, and so I thought it was worthy of an independent thread.

With last weekend's overtime win vs. Boston College, Mercyhurt's Hilary Pattenden tied the NCAA record for wins which had been set by former Badger, Jessie Vetter.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-w...boston-college

Tonight, (December 14, 2011) Ms. Pattenden will attempt to set a new record as the Lakers take on the Lindenwood Lions in Erie at 7 PM. (Broadcast available through Americaone.com, http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=402)

Congratulations Hil!
      I like her chances.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
        I like her chances.
        What odd do the bookies have on this one ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
          I am looking forward to seeing the record broken, hopefully tonight. I personally would like to see Hil get it tonight and see who else we have for goaltenders tomorrow night.
          I'd rather watch paint dry

Comment

Impressive!!!

However, I am more impressed with watching the play of netminders who play for teams in leagues where every game is a battle for them to keep their team in the game. Netminders who play in leagues and / or on top teams that are in that top echelon are not nearly as challenged. It would be very interesting to see Ms Vetter or Pattenden play on a team like New Hampshire or Yale, then we could see how well they consistently play in adversity. It's one thing to be a great goalie on a great team it's another to be a great goalie on a losing team.

Just my thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by Shotblocker View Post
              It's one thing to be a great goalie on a great team it's another to be a great goalie on a losing team.
              Sometimes, the presence of a great goalie is a big reason why it's not a losing team.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Shotblocker View Post
                Impressive!!!

It would be very interesting to see Ms Vetter or Pattenden play on a team like New Hampshire or Yale...
                Ouch! "St. Cloud or Yale" probably would have been a better pair to use.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                X