Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

My buddy AspyDad called me out last night at the game asking why I wasnt around on the thread.....my response was that I was buying myself some time and shielding my eyes from the battles going on here. As for last nights game, a few things I took away from the game. Ryan Haggerty was a man on a mission last night, just too bad he couldnt find the back of the net. He had some fine individual plays. Neal and McGowan looked like they were starting to gel together and just like Haggerty too bad they couldnt find the back of the net as well, but McGowan picked up an assist. Malchuk worked hard all night and was rewarded with the empty netter at the end. Yes some negatives but in reality when does a team play a totally perfect game. Not very often. What the rest of the season holds for the team, who knows but this win may be a sign of things to come, I sure hope so.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Wait until DeVito comes.
      When the first couple of google search hits come up with DeVito fight stats, you know business will pick up with him on the ice.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat
        No wonder you guys are in last place. Hope things work out for you in Hockey East. Bourgea probably is about 5'6" and that puts your goon about a foot taller. Real tough guy.
        With all due respect, If you can produce a link for a video showing the incident you reference, I would be glad to take a look at it and then give a opinion on this play. Until then, please refrain from calling one of our players a goon. Thanks and a good day to you.

Comment

. Hope things work out for you in Hockey East.
          You're going to miss us.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            My buddy AspyDad called me out last night at the game asking why I wasnt around on the thread
            See, people like me.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

No wonder you guys are in last place. Hope things work out for you in Hockey East. Bourgea probably is about 5'6" and that puts your goon about a foot taller. Real tough guy.
              Funny, a quick perusal of the SLU stats shows majors this season for contact to the head, charging, spearing...fans whose teams live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Head back to your thread and stop trolling here.
              APBWiki

Comment

Height has never been a criteria for who gets hit in hockey. Chara does not hold back just because it is Brian Gionta or Martin St Louis out there. If you feel that the hit deserved a major penalty, that is your perogative. Apparently the 4 officials on the ice did not see it that way. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  See, people like me.
                  I was just glad to see you didnt ease up on the refs with it being a non-conference game and all. Those refs had to work hard last night to get a response out of you but they finally got one or two or a few...

Comment

• Originally posted by Larriecat View Post
                    I just saw video of your defenseman LeBoeuf taking an incredible cheap shot in the Dartmouth game on Jason Bourgea. The officials must have been asleep for not giving him a major and a game misconduct. Also surprised the league didn't review the hit and give an additional suspension. Was he trying to show he was a tough guy running a 5'8" player head first through the boards on national tv? That kind of play and lack of discipline has not helped your cause this year.
                    Blow it out your ear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                      Blow it out your ear.
                      +1, although I was thinking of a different orifice.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Fair enough on the request for the video link. I viewed the hit on a taped replay of the Versus / NBC coverage. I can't find a link to the hit. They replayed the hit from several different angles, several times. The announcers were surprised that the major wasn't called. When and if you can find the link, you will be shocked that the kid didn't break his neck. More concerned with the injury factor than the physical play. I don't have a horse in this race, just a long time hockey guy making an observation. Good luck the rest of the season. You have a fabulous history and I would hate to see you guys go Hockey East.

Comment

RHam (or mackek), did your RPI-TV crew cover the game alongside NBC? If so, do you have permission to post from your source? There aren't any hockey videos up beyond Union 11/15 (although the number of home games since then would explain).

Everyone is entitled to a defense, no matter how awful or unfounded it may be.
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-12-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Everyone is entitled to a defense, no matter how awful or unfounded it may be.
                            I wouldn't worry about it. He "doesn't have a horse in this race," just felt the urge to come by twice and do a meaningless drive-by just because the poor widdle guy got decked by a guy bigger than him.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat View Post
                              Fair enough on the request for the video link. I viewed the hit on a taped replay of the Versus / NBC coverage. I can't find a link to the hit. They replayed the hit from several different angles, several times. The announcers were surprised that the major wasn't called. When and if you can find the link, you will be shocked that the kid didn't break his neck. More concerned with the injury factor than the physical play. I don't have a horse in this race, just a long time hockey guy making an observation. Good luck the rest of the season. You have a fabulous history and I would hate to see you guys go Hockey East.
                              These kinds of calls-hitting from behind-are among the most difficult and controversial to make. So often a player turns at the last second and the hit just cannot be avoided. Some are obvious and the penalty deserved. You would think that with 4 sets of eyes out there the tendency would be to overcall this kind of thing. But then again we are dealing with ECAC officials and you never know what they call let alone what they see. Over the many years that I have followed hockey I have seen some plain awful calls made and missed. This one just did not stand out at all. I agree though 100%, the concern should be for safety first. I have seen far too many serious injuries to think otherwise.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                These kinds of calls-hitting from behind-are among the most difficult and controversial to make. So often a player turns at the last second and the hit just cannot be avoided. Some are obvious and the penalty deserved. You would think that with 4 sets of eyes out there the tendency would be to overcall this kind of thing. But then again we are dealing with ECAC officials and you never know what they call let alone what they see. Over the many years that I have followed hockey I have seen some plain awful calls made and missed. This one just did not stand out at all. I agree though 100%, the concern should be for safety first. I have seen far too many serious injuries to think otherwise.
                                Very well put. I hope your insightful comment ends this discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X