Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Article title- "RPI Showing Signs of Life". Appert haters commence your bashing but I'm sticking with SA (our great coach).
    http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...pi_finally.php
    I like the way he has been responding. He is taking personal responsibility upon himself for not having the team prepared properly, especially for the mental aspects of their game.

Not only is he demonstrating by example the attitude that is needed, he also is utilizing a subtle and sophisticated motivational tactic: by blaming himself solely, entirely, and harshly, his players cannot help but react by thinking / saying "hey wait a minute, WE'RE the ones on the ice; he's being too hard on himself, we need to step it up, etc. etc. etc."
    Last edited by FreshFish; 01-11-2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: punctuation errors corrected
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You can see light at the end of the tunnel, that's all well and good, but there could still be a hole in the floor along the way that you'd need to traverse around. Just because the light is there doesn't mean you're at the end. You could still fall down the hole if you aren't paying attention.
      or, you might think it is the light at the end of the tunnel, while in reality it might be .....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        or, you might think it is the light at the end of the tunnel, while in reality it might be .....
        Whether or not it is, my point still stands. Although it's a creative way to booby-trap a tunnel...

Comment

I just saw video of your defenseman LeBoeuf taking an incredible cheap shot in the Dartmouth game on Jason Bourgea. The officials must have been asleep for not giving him a major and a game misconduct. Also surprised the league didn't review the hit and give an additional suspension. Was he trying to show he was a tough guy running a 5'8" player head first through the boards on national tv? That kind of play and lack of discipline has not helped your cause this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat View Post
            I just saw video of your defenseman LeBoeuf taking an incredible cheap shot in the Dartmouth game on Jason Bourgea. The officials must have been asleep for not giving him a major and a game misconduct. Also surprised the league didn't review the hit and give an additional suspension. Was he trying to show he was a tough guy running a 5'8" player head first through the boards on national tv? That kind of play and lack of discipline has not helped your cause this year.
            Link?

Comment

Article title- "RPI Showing Signs of Life". Appert haters commence your bashing but I'm sticking with SA (our great coach).
              I see the game against UML magically disappeared.
              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Link?
              Probably DVR'ed it and just got around to watching it. It was on national TV after all.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                I see the game against UML magically disappeared.
                Sounds like a good idea to me.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Commissioner Hagwell was at the game!
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    I like the way he has been responding. He is taking personal responsibility upon himself for not having the team prepared properly, especially for the mental aspects of their game.

Not only is he demonstrating by example the attitude that is needed, he also is utilizing a subtle and sophisticated motivational tactic: by blaming himself solely, entirely, and harshly, his players cannot help but react by thinking / saying "hey wait a minute, WE'RE the ones on the ice; he's being too hard on himself, we need to step it up, etc. etc. etc."
                    ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...........
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Wait a second.....you're waning???? Only in parathesis????

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                        Wait a second.....you're waning???? Only in parathesis????
                        Our great coach!!!!!!
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                          Commissioner Hagwell was at the game!
                          Figurehead. Stewart is the guy who runs the league.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Did somebody say something ? Besides Mr.Bourgea I think your son is more like 5'6" - 5'7" lets not use this thread to pump His tires OK !!!!
                            Last edited by troyboy; 01-11-2012, 06:29 PM.
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                              Did somebody say something ? Besides Mr.Bourgea I think your son is more like 5'6" - 5'7" lets not use this thread to pump His tires OK !!!!
                              Along with just about everyone else posting here-I saw the entire game. I did not see anything untoward. This is hockey after all and some physicality is expected In fact, I think that our level of physical play has fallen off quite a bit from earlier in the year.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Along with just about everyone else posting here-I saw the entire game. I did not see anything untoward. This is hockey after all and some physicality is expected In fact, I think that our level of physical play has fallen off quite a bit from earlier in the year.
                                Wait until DeVito comes.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X