Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    BTW, thanks to all the band members who showed up for the weekend's games especially the Dartmouth game.
    Put the band back where they belong!!! behind the east side net. I know I am an old codger but come on. The band is in the stands now! That b(0"s!

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
      Put the band back where they belong!!! behind the east side net. I know I am an old codger but come on. The band is in the stands now! That b(0"s!
      I'm going to quote Norris Pearson, Manager of Operations of the Houston Field House, for this one: "It's not going to happen." They've torn out a row of seats and installed new lights for us. It's not the stage, but we're never going to have the stage back. Time to get over it.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey111 View Post
        I said it once and I will say it again. Put a scorer, a playmaker and a physical player on the same line. Let them work the corners, dig out pucks, make passes and hopeful score.
        What do we have to lose?
        You mean like great comos of the past like UNH's Clark-Cox-Hislop or N'easterns' Huck-Martel-Sherlock? Or AIC's S. Forbes - __ - __ ?
        Here we come!

Comment

What next BMan "You kids get off my lawn." "I rememeber when bread was a nickel." Hey Beman, lighten up a little bit and knock off the Archie Bunker routine.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
            You mean like great comos of the past like UNH's Clark-Cox-Hislop or N'easterns' Huck-Martel-Sherlock? Or AIC's S. Forbes - __ - __ ?
            and with your Spirit.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

From what ive heard, the band will not be returning to the stage. I guess the plan for the east end of the building is to have some kind of warm up spot for the players, a cafeteria with a kitchen along with a couple more luxury boxes.

Comment

Lets be honest, the team loses a lot of support with the band up in the cheap seats.
                They didn't just play music on the band stand, they cheered the team on and they got under the skin of the opposition. Also, watching the band members dance and bounce around the stand added to the enjoyment of attending the games.
                They should be more visible then they are now.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Lets be honest, the team loses a lot of support with the band up in the cheap seats.
                  Not following your line of reasoning.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    I believe the point is that the band does much more than just play music. Such activities include (but are not limited to) heckling the other team during warmups (which they do anyway), heckling during the game, and the visual entertainment as noted by EHF. However, to your credit, the primary purpose of the band is to play music, and for that, the current location of the band is much better.

If they do build a warm-up area and cafeteria/bar there, I would love to see them put in a reinforced ceiling and have the band play on top of that. They're once again at the east end, but they're above the glass, so you get a good compromise for all wishes. Given how much the band stretches out, I'm not sure how you'd fit skyboxes in (unless sections 11 and 12 are somehow modified).

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      Is that why they had to pry SA off the linesman for the call?
                      I didn't see that reaction, as I was a bit preoccupied.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I didn't see that reaction, as I was a bit preoccupied.
                        Appert was livid. Face was red during postgame discussion although he wasn't shouting loud enough to be heard off the ice.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          What next BMan "You kids get off my lawn." "I rememeber when bread was a nickel." Hey Beman, lighten up a little bit and knock off the Archie Bunker routine.
                          Edith, bring me my cawfee!

I'm just surprised he hasn't yet mentioned a certain other coach. -_-

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Bring back the shots on goal board
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I believe the point is that the band does much more than just play music. Such activities include (but are not limited to) heckling the other team during warmups (which they do anyway), heckling during the game, and the visual entertainment as noted by EHF. However, to your credit, the primary purpose of the band is to play music, and for that, the current location of the band is much better.

If they do build a warm-up area and cafeteria/bar there, I would love to see them put in a reinforced ceiling and have the band play on top of that. They're once again at the east end, but they're above the glass, so you get a good compromise for all wishes. Given how much the band stretches out, I'm not sure how you'd fit skyboxes in (unless sections 11 and 12 are somehow modified).
                              That is exactly my point.
                              As for the current location, I like to sit high in section 9 when I go to games, and there is way to much interference between my seats and the band to hear it properly.
                              There has been some very entertaining interactions with other bands. Colgate for one had a very positive and entertaining battle recently.
                              I really enjoyed it. And so did the Colgate band.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Bring back the shots on goal board
                                I remember hearing the creepy Fathers' guy mentioning that during the women's game I attended over the weekend. If RPI-TV (or the dude they hired to do the video) still did standard def, they could do it easily: Just keep the PIM displays up and put the SOG in there. I don't see the big importance about constantly showing SOG, as you have a general idea as to the stat if you're paying attention to which zone has the highest amount of puck time.

Comment

Working...
                                X