Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    At least for once, we didn't give up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the BRO's out tonight (and Koudys is in). The 2-on-1 goal, he had the second assignment and let up to create the odd man rush; I don't think I saw him play the rest of the night. At least tonight, unlike previous nights, and as the article did say, we had some serious chances to change the outcome in the third. Obviously I don't like that we aren't winning, but I'm not really bent up on the mistakes we did make (including a few softies on Merriam).
    What exactly do you have against Merriam? He let in two goals that went in off his own players. And a carom off a scramble in front of the net that leaves an easy open net for the shooter. I just didn't see any soft goals last night.
    I like Diebold too, but he is no better than Merriam at this stage of his career.
    I will let SA make the decisions on who starts in goal.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
      Boy, I hope you are right. In the 5 or 6 games I have seen him play he has been a non-factor. He hasn't found any gaps. He is small, not a great skater and has just not produced much offense.
      He and Neal will torch the ECAC for years to come. Mark it down. I'm usually never wrong.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
        SA created all the hype, which is unfair to JL! You are correct in your assessment Aspy. He has great hockey sense, good hands, but is lacking the speed needed to further enhance those skills.
        When did SA hype JL significantly more than anyone else? As FlagDUDE said, we hyped him more than most, but I don't think that SA did.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-07-2012, 10:34 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          What exactly do you have against Merriam? He let in two goals that went in off his own players. And a carom off a scramble in front of the net that leaves an easy open net for the shooter. I just didn't see any soft goals last night.
          I like Diebold too, but he is no better than Merriam at this stage of his career.
          Ehh... there were things he could have done differently on both of those softies. He was better last night than he was against Army for sure, but there's legitimate debate as to which goaltender gives us a better chance to win games. I feel like Diebold leaves fewer rebounds and does better on cutting off angles, but YMMV.

I will let SA make the decisions on who starts in goal.
          That's good, because he does.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            At least for once, we didn't give up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the BRO's out tonight (and Koudys is in). The 2-on-1 goal, he had the second assignment and let up to create the odd man rush; I don't think I saw him play the rest of the night. At least tonight, unlike previous nights, and as the article did say, we had some serious chances to change the outcome in the third. Obviously I don't like that we aren't winning, but I'm not really bent up on the mistakes we did make (including a few softies on Merriam).
            I agree that Koudys will be in for Curadi assuming that Koudys was a health scractch. As to goal, I am not going to guess.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              When did SA hype JL significntly more than anyone else? As FlagDUDE said, we hyped him more than most, but I don't think that SA did.
              JL's hype came almost exclusively from the fans. And from early returns it does seem somewhat warranted. He was injured, he's adjusting his game, and I wholeheartedly disagree with Big Jim, I thought he looked fine last night and he's going to develop into a solid college hockey player, maybe even by the end of the year.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                JL's hype came almost exclusively from the fans. And from early returns it does seem somewhat warranted. He was injured, he's adjusting his game, and I wholeheartedly disagree with Big Jim, I thought he looked fine last night and he's going to develop into a solid college hockey player, maybe even by the end of the year.
                Agree completely. I just question the wisdom of having him play the point on the power play. I would guess 90% of his goals pre RPI came from within 10 feet of teh goal. he finds the open spots and shoots fairly quickly. Unless he has an incredbile shot from the point or can pass from there very effectively-I don't see the wisdom of having him back there. His forte is certainly not defense and keeping the puck in and preventing the opposition from rushing the other way. Just my usual 2¢
                Also either CJ Lee is just the most snake bitten forward ever-or he just cannot score. He had 3 great looks and chances last night and was indeed just plain robbed by the goalie on one.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I don't think it's unwarrented "hype" when a player scores 125goals/243pts in 112 games the last 2 years...at whatever level http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=141636
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Agree completely. I just question the wisdom of having him play the point on the power play. I would guess 90% of his goals pre RPI came from within 10 feet of teh goal. he finds the open spots and shoots fairly quickly. Unless he has an incredbile shot from the point or can pass from there very effectively-I don't see the wisdom of having him back there. His forte is certainly not defense and keeping the puck in and preventing the opposition from rushing the other way. Just my usual 2¢
                    Also either CJ Lee is just the most snake bitten forward ever-or he just cannot score. He had 3 great looks and chances last night and was indeed just plain robbed by the goalie on one.
                    When I saw JL last year with Cornwall, he played the right point on the PP. I was extremely impressed with his mobility, where he essentially moved in an L-shape area around the perimeter from center ice just inside the blue line, over to the right wing boards, and down low through the right faceoff circle. He was easily the most mobile person on the ice. This had the effect of confusing and spreading the defense, opening up passing, skating, and shooting lanes. JL was effective in these areas in the game that I saw. He admittedly was given a ton of room from the non-aggressive defense of Kanata (probably not wanting to get burned by him getting around them). Certainly the ECAC defends and in general plays at a higher and more aggressive level. My point is that he was quite effective at the point in juniors, not from a blue line shooting perspective, but from mobility, passing, and working his way down low for an opening. Perhaps he needs some time to develop and leverage these skills at the college level.

In the two juniors games that I have seen JL play (last year with Cornwall and three years ago with Hawkesbury), most of his goals and shots (power play and otherwise) did come from down low, say faceoff circles and closer. I do not remember any slapshots from the perimeter.

Comment

This is the first time I've been online since last night's televised game. Sorry for being a bit late with the comments.

First of all, thanks to Lugnut92 and all the band members, current students and alumni, who came together for last night's game. The band adds a great deal to the atmosphere, even on TV.

It was too bad that our guys came out on the short end of the score, but overall I was pleased with the way they played. They certainly gave the lie to the characterization a certain columnist had applied to them earlier this week as a "dead team walking."

Two lost faceoffs in the defensive zone that led directly to two Dartmouth goals really hurt. And not to pick on C. J. Lee, but it looked on the TV replays that he would have scored on both of those two golden third-period opportunities if he had just kept the puck on the ice. Glad to see that he has rebounded with a goal in tonight's game.

Overall, the team gave Dartmouth all they could handle, and other than Cornell and Colgate, nobody in the ECAC has done significantly better than Dartmouth in league play this season. I live too far from Troy to make the trip to see them play, but if I lived closer, I would. They convinced me last night that they're better than that 3-16 record would indicate.

Comment

Waite-I too was encouraged by the show of offense against Dartmouth. There actually seemed to be more offensive chemistry out there. Any one else notice how many times the linesman threw malchuk out of the face off circle? I did not think he was jumping the drop most of the time-we did lose an awful lot of important face offs during that game. Tonight we did not get much offensive pressure and certainly no where near the shot total on Harvard. We deserved a better fate against dartmouth as we had a couple great chances to at least tie even in the last few seconds. I would add though that the result against Harvard was a bit fortuitous-they had by far the better chances. But at least we are no longer on a losing streak.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I'm trying to buy tickets for the game at union next weekend. anyone know what section I should get tickets in to be wit the rest of the rpi faithful???

Comment

highlights are up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEHDJU_68I
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyfan13 View Post
                              I'm trying to buy tickets for the game at union next weekend. anyone know what section I should get tickets in to be wit the rest of the rpi faithful???
                              How many are you looking for? I have a single spare.

Edit: To answer your question, our tickets are in Section 6 which is the traditional visitors section from my experience.
                              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyfan13 View Post
                                It just doesn't doesn't matter there's not a good seat in the house.
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X