Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If hash tags become a part of daily speech, I cannot wait soon enough for whatever afterlife exists, if any.
    #Encouragement
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

If hash tags become a part of daily speech, I cannot wait soon enough for whatever afterlife exists, if any.

Did you think about how people might respond to this post before you hit "reply"?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        2012-13 Non-Travel-Partner ECAC Schedule

11/9 @Dartmouth
        11/10 @Harvard
        11/30 Princeton
        12/1 Quinnipiac
        12/7 @Yale
        12/8 @Brown
        1/11 @Quinnipiac
        1/12 @Princeton
        1/18 Colgate
        1/19 Cornell
        2/1 Harvard
        2/2 Dartmouth
        2/8 @St. Lawrence
        2/9 @Clarkson
        2/15 Brown
        2/16 Yale
        2/22 @Cornell
        2/23 @Colgate
        3/2 Clarkson
        3/3 St. Lawrence
        Somehow missed this post. Looks like the Union games will probably be the last weekend in January (25th+26th). It will be interesting to see when the LP game is going to be since RPI and Union have league games that second weekend in December. Although I wouldnt mind seeing the single day format scrapped and replaced with a two day holiday tournament but invite some teams from different conferences instead of having four ECAC teams. Maybe one north country and one capital district team along with two other invites and just rotate NC/CD teams each year some what similar to the Florida tournament that Cornell and Maine host every year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Somehow missed this post. Looks like the Union games will probably be the last weekend in January (25th+26th). It will be interesting to see when the LP game is going to be since RPI and Union have league games that second weekend in December.
          The league games could potentially be split as they are this year as well. I kind of suspect the LP games might end up back in October.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Did you think about how people might respond to this post before you hit "reply"?
            Does anybody think about their posts before they hit reply?
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              The league games could potentially be split as they are this year as well.
              I guess its possible but isnt the reason the Union games are usually split up because one of the schools students are on break? Take this season, both games would probably have been next weekend but I think RPI is still on break, so they moved the RPI home game earlier in the season.

I kind of suspect the LP games might end up back in October.
              I couldnt make the Placid game this season, how did the attendance compare to last year when it was held in October?

Comment

I guess its possible but isnt the reason the Union games are usually split up because one of the schools students are on break? Take this season, both games would probably have been next weekend but I think RPI is still on break, so they moved the RPI home game earlier in the season.

I couldnt make the Placid game this season, how did the attendance compare to last year when it was held in October?
                The attendance didn't seem as good.

Comment

I love the fact that Wyland is so upbeat, but I wonder what he is basing this statement on. The team seems to be getting worse, not better.
                  Let's hope Coach Appert and the boys have figured it out and the comeback begins tomorrow night. LGR!

Comment

The attendance didn't seem as good.
                    I wonder how much of that was due to moving the games to December or if the event is just simply losing its novelty.

Comment

I wonder how much of that was due to moving the games to December or if the event is just simply losing its novelty.
                      I'd say novelty. The Can/Am was the same weekend again, not to mention there wasn't other competition (Dutchman's Shoes was the same time last year). The weather wasn't bad, so I'd consider the time of year to be a wash. I'm sure if the ECAC championships moved back up there (say what you want about the rink size), it'd be full once more.

Comment

I'm sure if the ECAC championships moved back up there (say what you want about the rink size), it'd be full once more.
                        I guess the more this is brought up, the less the Division III Frozen Four is held there the same weekend? Must be.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          I guess the more this is brought up, the less the Division III Frozen Four is held there the same weekend? Must be.
                          Shows how much I pay attention to Oswego around here...

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Never
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              I'll let it slide, as long as he didn't call us the "Three and Fifteen Red Hawks."
                              Is that anything like four and twenty Blackbirds?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                Yes, but I usually post anyway.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X