Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I most certainly agree-but we must remember that he was never recruited to be the number one goaltender for us. With York leaving a year early-and who could blame him-he was thrust into the role. If we were last year's team, scoring like we did then, he would look a lot better to us. But this is just my 2 cents since I am far from a goalie expert.
    According to Appert he was recruited to be a #1 goalie http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...c551519136.txt

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Has there been any progress on getting a band together for this game?
      Yes.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
        Sorry - 1 more thought....take a look at Union and now Providence. I think we are easily equally as talented as they are. I know we Union bash quite a bit, but I'm here to tell you that they play with a chip. Doesnt matter the opponent. Their level of effort is typically off the charts. They maul teams. They always score first. Its attitude, and its infectious. You see it now with PC that Nate is there. I say that we just turn these kids loose and let them play for themselves, and let them play the way those 2 teams do. Guarantee the record turns around in a heartbeat.
        Perhaps Appert is over coaching. I personally don`t bash Union. In all honesty they have been eating our lunch for several years and to deny it is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          As for not including Union in our discussion
          **** Union.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
            Perhaps Appert is over coaching.
            This might just about be it. Obviously I have no idea what Coach is saying in the locker room or on the bench, but I think one of the main differences between last year's team and this year's (graduates/pros notwithstanding) is our style of play. Last year most of our games, especially the ones we won, were gritty, one-goal affairs. This year, what with all the speed and finesse scoring talent we brought in, they started off trying for a much prettier style of hockey, which unfortunately isn't working too well, and is a little bit at odds with the physicality the team is also trying to incorporate. I think this is causing a lot of the players to over-think things, and making the game much more complicated than it should be. I agree with what Senna said earlier: just let them play. The Blues in the NHL had been having a lot of problems early in the season that seemed to mirror the ones the Engineers were/are having. When Ken Hitchcock was brought in, he made a move to take the game back to basics and really simplified what the team wanted to do during a game, and it has made a world of difference.

EDIT: I'm NOT calling for a coaching change by any means-I realize that may have come across as what I was saying. I think Appert is a fantastic coach, I just think we might have to shift what our style a bit.
            Last edited by REDaero91; 12-19-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Ralph you really jogging my memory here. The strippers varied in appearance qutie a bit-but some were not bad and one year actually a couple of nationally well known ones were hired. GM week made for some great stories. Still sort of a highlight for me as i think back to those years.

Here's hoping everyone here has a great Holiday season-and this team gets healthy for a much better second half of the season. Go Red!!!
              Some of the strippers weren't that bad looking, e.g., one pictured in my yearbook. I don't recall any being nationally known. A further point, which you know, is that the stages were usually in the parking lot between the HFH and the BARH, so some evenings it got fairly cold for the strippers.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting news out of UConn where they've hired a consulting firm to do a complete evaluation of the mens hockey team. Could we be seeing our hopes of ever playing in Hockey East slowly slip away?

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                  I'm NOT calling for a coaching change by any means-I realize that may have come across as what I was saying. I think Appert is a fantastic coach.
                  Boy.......hoky would have a lot of fun with this one!
                  Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

According to Appert he was recruited to be a #1 goalie http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...c551519136.txt
                    JS-Nice of SA to say that-but was it for real? He must have thought he had York possibly for one more year- and then recruited Diebold and Kasdorf both? I sometimes think we have to take some of what SA says a little liberally.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Some of the strippers weren't that bad looking, e.g., one pictured in my yearbook. I don't recall any being nationally known. A further point, which you know, is that the stages were usually in the parking lot between the HFH and the BARH, so some evenings it got fairly cold for the strippers.
                      I know they made an attempt to get Tempest Storm to Troy one year and we did have Veronica Hart and Busty Rusty and her Twin 50's.(But I digress...)
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

JS-Nice of SA to say that-but was it for real? He must have thought he had York possibly for one more year- and then recruited Diebold and Kasdorf both? I sometimes think we have to take some of what SA says a little liberally.
                        Agreed.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting news out of UConn where they've hired a consulting firm to do a complete evaluation of the mens hockey team. Could we be seeing our hopes of ever playing in Hockey East slowly slip away?
                          I think that I saw this some time ago. Of course, UConn could still say "forget it."
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They have to at least do some due diligence, since Hockey East would prefer a non-throwaway UConn men's program, and they have at least a little leverage in the matter with UConn's women's program in Hockey East.

Comment

Perhaps Appert is over coaching. I personally don`t bash Union. In all honesty they have been eating our lunch for several years and to deny it is futile.
                              There have been a few times where I felt Coach was over coaching, but I wouldn't blame losses on that. One where I would is against Michigan State at the GLI, trying to out-think the coach and throw Merriam in there, and well, we know how that went. However, he's had his moments, like the third Union matchup that year, where Coach was shuffling lines trying to confuse Leaman, especially when some of them were pretty set. I realize we lost that, and come to think of it, Coach did use his timeout a little too early there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                One where I would is against Michigan State at the GLI, trying to out-think the coach and throw Merriam in there, and well, we know how that went.
                                Is this a serious comment?

Comment

Working...
                                X