Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU at NMU, Friday, Dec. 16: Our Assistant Coach Can Beat Up Your Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU at NMU, Friday, Dec. 16: Our Assistant Coach Can Beat Up Your Assistant Coach

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    now we just need some Maine fans in here, we could argue pellets vs. coal. Maybe some Huntsville people too...
    But we already know that Portera hates Huntsville.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Re: MTU at NMU, Friday, Dec. 16: Our Assistant Coach Can Beat Up Your Assistant Coach

Originally posted by 4th line scrub View Post
      Can i start the petition to change your moniker to "Brenthoughton"?
      It'll help the Gophers if MTU wins. How? PWR.

Gotta think ahead.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Who hates Huntsville?????

call the Loopers below the bridge appleknockers. the flatlanders are truly in the flatland.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

oh, BTW, has anyone mention that Northern sucks?
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            oh, BTW, has anyone mention that Northern sucks?
            My father-in-law was a Techer but sent both his kids to Northern, hmm, I guess those Tech guys really are smart.
            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
              My father-in-law was a Techer but sent both his kids to Northern, hmm, I guess those Tech guys really are smart.
              He didn't let his kids decide where to go to school? He made them go to Northern? Wow, what an ***.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can think of a lot of names to call our friends to the north and west of Marquette but Techer's is not one of them...how lame!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                  I can think of a lot of names to call our friends to the north and west of Marquette but Techer's is not one of them...how lame!!!
                  At first I thought he/she didn't know how to spell "teacher", which wouldn't be too surprising.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    At first I thought he/she didn't know how to spell "teacher", which wouldn't be too surprising.
                    I've heard a bunch of Tech grads from the late 80's early 90's use that term even though it seems really odd to me...
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Re: MTU at NMU, Friday, Dec. 16: Our Assistant Coach Can Beat Up Your Assistant Coach

Is this a hockey game or some kind of sick yooper love fest?
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: MTU at NMU, Friday, Dec. 16: Our Assistant Coach Can Beat Up Your Assistant Coach

Nice article. Just shows there's something beyond hockey between the two coaches. The two teams will rip each other up on Friday though.
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I didn't like the article, and that is mostly because of the last quote. The article itself was good, just didn't like Mel's quote.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I didn't like the article, and that is mostly because of the last quote. The article itself was good, just didn't like Mel's quote.
                            "The article itself was good" but you "didn't like the article," because of "Mel's quote". Mel's quotes:

"They just want us to be a competitive, winning program," Pearson said about the fans. "I don't think they're asking for a whole lot.
                            "Just some of the comments I have heard are the games are entertaining and they like the style we're playing.
                            "We're winning some games and we've done well at home. I think that's the key," he added. "If you can do well at home, win your home games, you give your fans something to feel good about.
                            "The honeymoon is on still, but the expectations for the future are to have a chance to win a conference championship and to get to the NCAA Tournament.
                            "With the shift in leagues, I think we will have a chance to do that down the road."

I guess I can understand that, if i were a Tech fan, because he's saying wait until we're in the W/CCHA, then we'll have a chance. But, right now, don't get your hopes up. We'll just try to win at home for you.

Is that what you're saying?
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                              "The article itself was good" but you "didn't like the article," because of "Mel's quote". Mel's quotes:

"They just want us to be a competitive, winning program," Pearson said about the fans. "I don't think they're asking for a whole lot.
                              "Just some of the comments I have heard are the games are entertaining and they like the style we're playing.
                              "We're winning some games and we've done well at home. I think that's the key," he added. "If you can do well at home, win your home games, you give your fans something to feel good about.
                              "The honeymoon is on still, but the expectations for the future are to have a chance to win a conference championship and to get to the NCAA Tournament.
                              "With the shift in leagues, I think we will have a chance to do that down the road."

I guess I can understand that, if i were a Tech fan, because he's saying wait until we're in the W/CCHA, then we'll have a chance. But, right now, don't get your hopes up. We'll just try to win at home for you.

Is that what you're saying?
                              Yeah, that last quote seems harsh...

But with our superior WCHA cellar dweller experience we should be able to crush you CCHA newcomers...

Northern Sucks.
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

It is a very realistic quote. Number one, rebuilding the program will take some time. Number two, playing in the conference with schools of similar resources and prestige will level the playing field and improve the chance to reach the NCAA for all schools in the conference. He gave a straight up honest answer. Isn't that what you want? Would you prefer an honest, realistic assessment of the program and it's future or would you rather that he blow smoke?
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X