Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota UConn Holiday Classic (UConn, RPI, UML, Army) 12/29-30

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    RPI student tickets were $.25 when I started.

Edit: I think that all RPI sports except hockey and football are still free.
    Lots of things were 25¢ when I first attended RPI-most of those are now collectors items in museums or just now cost a fortune! I think an entire pizza in downtown Troy at the Volcano Restaurant was $1.25 then.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
      Try $1 per ticket - the $2 promo rate is for BOTH games on a given day ($4 will cover you for the whole tourney). The seating is pretty bad - it's all bleachers and I don't think any are above the top of the glass. The place is on-par with a public rental rink and makes It's a Messa rink look palatial - I stopped by today for public skate to get a look (never been there before).

And if that didn't excite you, it turns out Rene Rancourt is going to be there Thursday to sing the anthem for the 7:00 game.

In case anyone wants the link:
      https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...DAT=&caller=PR
      enter HOCKEY in the box for the promo rate
      Oy! The world's worst voice in a building with mediocre acoustics.

Is it wrong to yell "you suck" at Rancourt?

edit: and I get to miss this **** show? Unfreaking fair.
      Last edited by Patman; 12-26-2011, 10:33 PM.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I don't think anyone has brought this up yet:

Does anyone know if the tournament will be streamed live, either for free or for pay? I would like to watch the games if at all possible.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Try $1 per ticket - the $2 promo rate is for BOTH games on a given day ($4 will cover you for the whole tourney). The seating is pretty bad - it's all bleachers and I don't think any are above the top of the glass. The place is on-par with a public rental rink and makes It's a Messa rink look palatial - I stopped by today for public skate to get a look (never been there before).

And if that didn't excite you, it turns out Rene Rancourt is going to be there Thursday to sing the anthem for the 7:00 game.

In case anyone wants the link:
          https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...DAT=&caller=PR
          enter HOCKEY in the box for the promo rate
          I have been thinking of driving over from Albany for at least one of the days....and this is trying to make me reconsider. If this venue is so bad, how is it that we can't still have our tourney ?

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I honestly think I'd officially hate you if did this.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
              I have been thinking of driving over from Albany for at least one of the days....and this is trying to make me reconsider. If this venue is so bad, how is it that we can't still have our tourney ?
              I need to make one key clarification (my bad) - "none of the General Admission seats are above the glass"... the Reserved seating (ie not the $1 cheap seats) are partially above. I have no idea what the price is for Reserved (behind the player benches) - but it's still bleacher seating - and my sentiment stands that the venue is severely lacking

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Why would you even remotely consider this? I'm with Monty on his sentiment.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Why would you even remotely consider this?
                  Because I'm tired of hearing him... don't worry folks, I'd like to think I comport myself with more class than that.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I need to make one key clarification (my bad) - "none of the General Admission seats are above the glass"... the Reserved seating (ie not the $1 cheap seats) are partially above. I have no idea what the price is for Reserved (behind the player benches) - but it's still bleacher seating - and my sentiment stands that the venue is severely lacking
                    Thanks for the clarification. I dont mind the extra money for a decent seat, but would have been severly unhappy looking thru the glass and not being able to see anything. Its a long shot for me to go as it is with the wife and family and have been trying to "sell" as a family bonding trip

Comment

Anyone have anything about the teams? What should Lowell fans expect from RPI tomorrow? I unfortunately won't be able to make it till Friday, but I had been hoping to see LaLiberte play (2-4-6 in 12 games).

UML easily comes in with the best record so far this season at 10-5, and currently fourth in HE. RPI comes in at 3-13, and dead last in the ECAC. Army is 1-8-6 and UConn is 5-9-2 (with a win over Lowell already). Considering that, it's not surprising Lowell has the best GF and GA per game of the the teams in the tournament.
                      Last edited by UMLFan; 12-28-2011, 09:19 AM.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UML's The Ice Is Life blog does a preview, kinda.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Anyone have anything about the teams? What should Lowell fans expect from RPI tomorrow?
                          10 minutes of trying (maybe), followed by 50 minutes of passivity (definitely).
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Oh, c'mon. There are really no bad seats in the house. It's bright and clean and quite friendly. Lots of volunteer staff. A good place to watch a game. Oh, and I think the reserve seating is a whopping five or seven bucks if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Anyone have anything about the teams? What should Lowell fans expect from RPI tomorrow? I unfortunately won't be able to make it till Friday, but I had been hoping to see LaLiberte play (2-4-6 in 12 games).

UML easily comes in with the best record so far this season at 10-5, and currently fourth in HE. RPI comes in at 3-13, and dead last in the ECAC. Army is 1-8-6 and UConn is 5-9-2 (with a win over Lowell already). Considering that, it's not surprising Lowell has the best GF and GA per game of the the teams in the tournament.
                              RPI, besides what RC said, is a team that just hasnt been solid in all aspects for many games this year. The nights the offense finally started to push through,we would have a defensive space out costing us the game. Many nights we would be in a 0-0,2-2 type game late and have a defensive lapse in the last minute and give up the game winning goal. The team has been plagued with injuries throughout the year,spanning back to before the season, mainly occuring in practice. Coach said in a recent interview to expect to see more of our freshman goalie Scott Diebold who has been solid in his outings, Bryce Merriam has been decent seeing to the lack of offensive support on most nights but has seemed to struggle coming up with the big save the team needed at times this year. The offense is young and starting to gel a little bit so im personally holding on to hope for a decent second half.
                              RIT Tigers
                              2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                              2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                                RPI, besides what RC said, is a team that just hasnt been solid in all aspects for many games this year. The nights the offense finally started to push through,we would have a defensive space out costing us the game. Many nights we would be in a 0-0,2-2 type game late and have a defensive lapse in the last minute and give up the game winning goal. The team has been plagued with injuries throughout the year,spanning back to before the season, mainly occuring in practice. Coach said in a recent interview to expect to see more of our freshman goalie Scott Diebold who has been solid in his outings, Bryce Merriam has been decent seeing to the lack of offensive support on most nights but has seemed to struggle coming up with the big save the team needed at times this year. The offense is young and starting to gel a little bit so im personally holding on to hope for a decent second half.
                                Thanks for that.

From the Lowell side of things, I'd mentioned a little bit about this earlier but will expand on my comments here. Sophomore goalie Doug Carr has been easily the biggest revelation of the season for this team, and if it wasn't for Joe Cannata being in HE, he'd be the goalie of the year so far. Chad Ruhwedel, another sophomore, has been one of the best defensemen in the league and leads the league in points from the blueline. This Lowell team has been very fortunate in not only getting points from all four lines, but also getting contributions from every class. At the top of the point charts is a senior Matt Ferreira (7-8-15), followed by a junior in Riley Wetmore (7-7-14), followed by Ruhwedel (2-12-15), and fellow sophomore Derek Arnold (8-5-13) and freshman Scott Wilson (6-7-13). There are three freshmen in the top 10 for scoring, and 7 of the top 10 are underclassmen, so that's setting up well for the future as well.

They're 9-0 when leading after two, but have only won one game when trailing or tied after 2 (1-5).
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X