• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAH plans to stay Division I

Starting new thread with this breaking, good news:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/12/..._bring_ba.html

Statement from the school:

Members of The University of Alabama in Huntsville administration met this evening with hockey supporters, following discussions with Chancellor Malcolm Portera, and came to a consensus to work closely together to pursue institutional and community support to continue UAH hockey at the Division I level.
    More to come in the coming days...
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Re: UAH plans to stay Division I

I am completely opposed to this. Unless Clarke Saunders still transfers, then I don't care.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by dirty View Post
      i am completely opposed to this. Unless clarke saunders still transfers, then i don't care.
      roflcopter

gfm
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&ob=av2n
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Great news, but won't they have even a tougher time getting a schedule together for next season than they have had the last couple of years?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Great news, but won't they have even a tougher time getting a schedule together for next season than they have had the last couple of years?
            I would think they'll be able to put together something that would resemble a full schedule simply by guilting a few teams into playing a few games with them. It will take some horsetrading around to pull it off, maybe a few schools will have to put off some non-con series for seasons in the future perhaps. But they should be able string together a season, with even a few teams promising to even come to Alabama, or at least Nashville perhaps. Think of all of the good fluff pieces that ESPN will get to slap together half assed to tell the story of southern college hockey and how college hockey banded together to help save it. It sure as heck makes for a better story line than how the host of this seasons frozen four is now dropping the sport.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

It's just talk at this point, as the school has committed to nothing. As I said on another thread, this is like going from needing to roll a 13 to needing to roll snake eyes. However, it's a much better situation, because now UAH hockey has a chance.

Continue the good fight. You are in our thoughts and/or prayers.

Comment

Good Luck! I hope it comes off, just to p-off Dirty.
                Last edited by goldy_331; 12-07-2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I really hope it works out for you guys.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    I am completely opposed to this. Unless Clarke Saunders still transfers, then I don't care.
                    I would think he'd still be able to, provided he still wanted to.

Comment

This is great news!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        It's just talk at this point, as the school has committed to nothing. As I said on another thread, this is like going from needing to roll a 13 to needing to roll snake eyes. However, it's a much better situation, because now UAH hockey has a chance.

Continue the good fight. You are in our thoughts and/or prayers.
                        Stay of execution, now task is to prove it can be done.

Comment

Congrats!!!! Go UAH!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure that if all the schools that are exploring D1 hockey get the go ahead - UAH WILL FIND A GOOD HOME. :-)
                            Last edited by GopherBigGuy911; 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM.
                            - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Go you Green and White
                            Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Fight with all your might!
                            Rah! Rah! Rah!
                            We are here to cheer you
                            We are out to win your fame,
                            So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Wouldn't the main road block be finding a conference?
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                              X