New Poll Predictions for 12/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 12/5

Here's my shot at it....just a little reshuffling this week I think. I don't see anyone breaking into the top 15 based on this week's results.

1.Norwich
    2.Oswego
    3.River Falls
    4.Castleton
    5.St. Norbert
    6.Plattsburgh
    7.Elmira
    8.Utica
    9.Adrian
    10.Middlebury
    11.MSOE
    12.Neumann
    13.Superior
    14.Eau Claire
    15.St. Thomas
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 12/5

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Here's my shot at it....just a little reshuffling this week I think. I don't see anyone breaking into the top 15 based on this week's results.

1.Norwich
    2.Oswego
    3.River Falls
    4.Castleton
    5.St. Norbert
    6.Plattsburgh
    7.Elmira
    8.Utica
    9.Adrian
    10.Middlebury
    11.MSOE
    12.Neumann
    13.Superior
    14.Eau Claire
    15.St. Thomas
    Utica lost big to Manhattanville this past weekend, I'm not sure why they would stay at 8.

Comment

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
      Utica lost big to Manhattanville this past weekend, I'm not sure why they would stay at 8.
      At worst I see Utica dropping to 10 below Adrian and middlebury.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
        they also demolished a very good Buff State team....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Williams has been playing well and should probably be in there.
          Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

I can't believe St Thomas fell out of the top 15. The MIAC is one of the strongest leagues in the country and gets little respect from voters and these boards. I guess they'll just have to win their league and run through everyone in the nationals. Then maybe they will get reputation votes like some others on the latest poll.

Comment

I think that St. Thomas should be ranked, in fact I think they should be ranked higher than Adrian... But I don't think the MIAC is one of the strongest leagues in the country, they are 18-22-6 against out of conference opponents.

I think Adrian is still ranked high on how well they did last year. Their record in conference is good, but their conferences OOC record is 4-15-2. Making them the weakest conference by far. Adrians OOC record is 1-2-0. Their only OOC win is against Geneseo who they barely beat. A Geneseo team who is struggling for wins themselves.

That's just my impression so far, we'll see if it holds true in March.
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Wow, three NESCAC teams now ranked! Can't remember the last time that happened. This poll must be seriously flawed.
                from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                  I can't believe St Thomas fell out of the top 15. The MIAC is one of the strongest leagues in the country and gets little respect from voters and these boards. I guess they'll just have to win their league and run through everyone in the nationals. Then maybe they will get reputation votes like some others on the latest poll.
                  I guess thats what they will have to do.....GOOD Luck

Comment

I agree St. Thomas deserves to be ranked in the top 15
                    Facts
                    St.Thomas is first place in the MIAC.
                    Beat Adrian, better record then some of the teams listed in the top 15

Questionable ratings

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

1.Norwich
                      2.Oswego
                      3.River Falls
                      4.Castleton
                      5.St. Norbert
                      6.Plattsburgh
                      7.Elmira
                      8.Utica
                      9.Adrian
                      10.Middlebury
                      11.MSOE
                      12.Neumann
                      13.Superior
                      14.Eau Claire
                      15.St. Thomas
                      my question is castleton they have a good record but they have not beat one team on this top 15 list and still they are ranked 4th

Comment

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
                        my question is castleton they have a good record but they have not beat one team on this top 15 list and still they are ranked 4th
                        Same could be said of Plattsburgh too...if they don't pull out of win Friday night, I would see no issue dropping them out of the top 10....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
                          If you watched Castleton play Norwich you would have seen to evenly matched teams battling, in my mind they belong there and will eventually get the respect that no one has yet to give them.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHCKYfan2323 View Post
                            If you watched Castleton play Norwich you would have seen to evenly matched teams battling, in my mind they belong there and will eventually get the respect that no one has yet to give them.
                            They will have the chance to prove that the next 3 of 4 games against ranked opponents. Had Murray not scored that breakaway goal towards the end of the first, Im not sure Castleton even comes close to Norwich. It looked pretty one-sided prior to that goal. After that Castleton decided to start playing hockey instead of hitting anything that moves. It will be interesting to see how Castleton adapts playing at a SUNYAC school for the first time with the 4 official system. Im hoping for a clean aggresive game and hopefully we don't have to discuss the "other" aspects of the game.....
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHCKYfan2323 View Post
                              I did watch the game and yes it was a good game. but i'm not basin it on one game. Last year they beat norwich at home and then they didnt even win a play off game. norwich had played several ranked teams in a row and more to come. castleton plays 2 ranked teams all season I belive to be ranked the best you have to beat the best. bottom line is castleton has not beat one team in the top 15 tis year.

Comment

Working...
                              X