4. Boston College
    5. Colorado College
    6. Michigan State
    7. Notre Dame
    8. Merrimack
    9. Western Michigan
    10. Colgate
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: 2011-2012 NCAA Week 9 Rankings

1. UMD
      2. Boston College
      3. Minnesota
      4. Ohio State
      5. Michigan State
      6. Colorado College
      7. Merrimack
      8. Notre Dame
      9. Western Michigan
      10. Colgate

Comment

1. Ohio State
        2. UMD
        3. Boston College
        4. Minnesota
        5. Merrimack
        6. Michigan State
        7. Lowell
        8. Notre Dame
        9. Western Michigan
        10. Cornell
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          no doubt about it
          Sioux will finish 3-5 in the WCHA and have home ice come tournament time
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
            Sioux will finish 3-5 in the WCHA and have home ice come tournament time
            North Dakota is playing very good hockey right now, but the next two WCHA series will give a little more clarity to where North Dakota might finish in the WCHA. If we split those series, then yes, 3-5 is most likely. If we sweep, the Sioux will have a shot at the MacNaughton. If we get swept then it will be a fight for home ice.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              For those of you who have been voting previously, here is the thread to post your "ballot" of top-10 teams. If you have never posted before, but would like to, here is where you post your top-10. If you would like your ballot to be counted, make sure to have your top-10 posted in this thread by Monday (Dec 5) by 1pm Eastern.

Here is my top 10...

1. Minnesota Duluth - While the other teams at the top faltered, Duluth swept an improved Michigan Tech team at Houghton
              2. Ohio State - The Buckeyes just keep winning. Very impressive, especially when you factor in how good the CCHA has been
              3. Colorado College - The Tigers won arguably the most exciting, well-played game of the weekend against rival DU.
              4. Minnesota - The Gophers struggled at times against Mankato, but pulled out the important four points.
              5. Boston College - The Eagles managed a split with BU on the weekend, which could be the last time the two sides play this season
              6. Merrimack - Several people, including myself, were curious how Merrimack would respond to their first loss of the season...answer? Not good.
              7. Notre Dame - The Irish were embarrassed at home against Northeastern on Friday, and then dropped the rematch Saturday.
              8. Michigan State - The Spartans are 8-1-1 in their last 10, including a weekend sweep against Bowling Green
              9. Boston University - Their 6-1 loss to BC snapped a 5 game winning streak, which included 2 victories over Boston College
              10. Cornell - The Big Red scored only one goal this weekend, but thanks to two shutouts Cornell went 1-0-1 on the weekend

Honorable Mention:
              Union
              Michigan Tech
              Denver
              Ferris State
              Yale

As always, comments are appreciated and please post your top-10s.
              So let me understand this: Northeastern goes into Ann Arbor and South Bend on successive weekends and comes away with six out of a possible six points, with two of those three wins coming in decisive fashion. And that doesn't quallify for an honorable mention? Okaaay.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                So let me understand this: Northeastern goes into Ann Arbor and South Bend on successive weekends and comes away with six out of a possible six points, with two of those three wins coming in decisive fashion. And that doesn't quallify for an honorable mention? Okaaay.
                You got a good point.

Comment

We're not near the top 10. We are still 6-7-2.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

When you phrase it that way, yeah, it's pretty impressive. I wouldn't rank them since they don't deserve it yet on the basis of their whole season's work, but for sure nobody had a more successful two weeks than Northeastern.
                    #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                      We're not near the top 10. We are still 6-7-2.
                      Exactly. If Northeastern keeps playing like this, they'll find their way into the rankings. FWIW, the Huskies have played a pretty rough schedule so far. If they could have done better than 0-4-1 against BC and Merrimack, they would probably be on the cusp of the top 10. For now though, I'm going to wait to see if they can have continued success before putting them in the mix.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

I have to say I'm glad not to have to listen to how great yale is for at least one week. They should be about 25th it seems to me, if that high.
                        Good post until your last line, I would say Yale is still in the top twenty. I started the Yale thread this year, and I have trouble finding it, so I am not sure what bragging about Yale you have seen, team is to young to go far this year IMO, hopefully they wake up and recover from some key injuries.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Can't deny what Northeastern did this weekend was impressive. The Irish are still too stunned to talk about it. The score of Friday's game was just unbelievable!

Comment

Northeastern definitely deserves CHW's "Team of the Week" designation.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                              Northeastern definitely deserves CHW's "Team of the Week" designation.
                              They were my vote for Team of the Week. We'll see how the others vote.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                                When you phrase it that way, yeah, it's pretty impressive. I wouldn't rank them since they don't deserve it yet on the basis of their whole season's work, but for sure nobody had a more successful two weeks than Northeastern.
                                Oh I'm not saying they should be ranked for the very reason you state. But if the last two weekends don't deserve an honorable mention at this point, I don't know what does.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X