SUNYAC Supremacy-Oswego vs. Plattsburgh 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNYAC Supremacy-Oswego vs. Plattsburgh 2011-2012

It is not often that a matchup between Oswego & is overshadowed, but I think the Battle for VT may have don't just that.

That being said, I think this rivalry still deserves it's own thread.

Some questions to ponder....

Who will start in net for Platty?
    Will Oswego come out flat after not playing for two weeks?
    How will Plattsburgh's offense look?
    Can Oswego stay out of the box?
    Will the scoreboard work?
    Will Prez's curse continue should he decide to show up?
    Predictions?
    Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
    2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Re: SUNYAC Supremacy-Oswego vs. Plattsburgh 2011-2012

Cadieux in net
    they will come out banging
    they will be mad as hell on the offensive side of the game
    no they will not stay out of the box and it may cost'em
    scoreboard will crap out after the 7th goal of the game is scored
    the prez will not be there, see battle for VT
    prediction ...1 goal game
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-29-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
      Will Prez's curse continue should he decide to show up?
      Predictions?
      I predict Prez won't show up. I think he has a game to work in Northfield that night.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

As Prof and backdraft have said, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the Stafford on Friday with the Battle for Vermont going on down in Northfield.

Outstanding night of hockey on tap with Plattsburgh playing Oswego and Castleton taking on Norwich. Can't ask for much better.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

[QUOTE=Ozz;5280878]It is not often that a matchup between Oswego & is overshadowed, but I think the Battle for VT may have don't just that.

Who will start in net for Platty? A Goaltender
          Will Oswego come out flat after not playing for two weeks?They will be hitting anything that moves and everything else that's not
          How will Plattsburgh's offense look?They will be hitting anything that moves and everything else that's not
          Can Oswego stay out of the box?Not In Our Lifetime
          Will the scoreboard work?Not In Our Lifetime
          Will Prez's curse continue should he decide to show up?He's cursed if he does, cursed if he doesn't
          Predictions? Oswego Wins!
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

[QUOTE=LakerEagleLover;5280935]
            Originally posted by Ozz View Post
            It is not often that a matchup between Oswego & is overshadowed, but I think the Battle for VT may have don't just that.

Who will start in net for Platty? A Goaltender
            Will Oswego come out flat after not playing for two weeks?They will be hitting anything that moves and everything else that's not
            How will Plattsburgh's offense look?They will be hitting anything that moves and everything else that's not
            Can Oswego stay out of the box?Not In Our Lifetime
            Will the scoreboard work?Not In Our Lifetime
            Will Prez's curse continue should he decide to show up?He's cursed if he does, cursed if he doesn't
            Predictions? Oswego Wins!
            PS: The curse is over...two straight W's..
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

the real question is, will this be the year the streak is broken, the last time Oswego lost to Plattsburgh was March 7th 2009, a 5-4 overtime win in the SUNYAC championship, effectively ending Oswego's season. Oswego has won their last 5 meetings straight, most memorable being Oswego's payback 6-3 win in the 09-10 SUNYAC championship.

Only 4 people on the Plattsburgh team have been around for a Plattsburgh win over Oswego all of them seniors now, they were freshman the last time it happened. This is quite the monkey on ol' Bobby's back for sure.

This might not be a meeting between two undefeated teams... but there still ALOT at stake here not just in SUNYAC standings but in a perspective of personal pride between two teams who have a long long History together. Plattsburgh's historical record against Oswego is 65-33-5
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

9-0-1 > 5-0-0

Plattsburgh at least has players who remember the last win. Oswego broke the streak with hard lunch pail work tbat year. The same thing Plattsburgh will need to do Friday night.

Dont care much about a monkey as much as I do having ol Bobby let the boys go. Constantine, AJ, Nick, Kudder are all finishers and playmakers. Let them be that. Quit this defensive shell crap and let them attack. The line of the Jensen brothers and Craig was just incredible...put them back. The team has only been fully back for 2 games. Lines have been juggled. Pairings have been changed. Minor tweaking is one thing but for the past three weeks we've seen different lines each week. Its time to start gelling. Everyone wants to go with the "Plattsburgh got embarassed by Norwich and Middlebury" when in reality holding Norwich to just 18 shots on goal is a massive defensive accomplishment. Something a team hasnt done in years. I did a quick look and didnt find a game of 18 or less in the USCHO era and only a handul of games of under 21 SOG. Holding an offense like Norwich to only 2 goals is just as impressive. Had Plattsburgh made themselves just one break who knows. People have treated that game like it was 10-0 and Norwich just piled it on. If someone think because Plattsburgh was beat by the best team in DIII by a 2-0 score in reality means they arnt capable of winning big games is a farce. In 2001 Plattsburgh faced Middlebury in the Primelink and lost 3-0...only getting 11 shots on goal all game. We know what happened that year. We heard it then too..Plattsburgh cant compete.

Not saying a National Title is in the future, but this team has scored some goals this year. Its hard to judge an overall season after just playing the best DIII team and one of the best defensive teams of all time in Middlebury.

The key for Plattsburgh is to score first...period. If they can, having seen both teams live a few times, I like thier chances.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

The key for Plattsburgh is to score first...period.
                  Fixed your post. Scoring is something Plattsburgh hasn't done in their last 160 minutes of play. If they don't score, they can't win.
                  Last edited by NUProf; 11-29-2011, 09:11 PM.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

wow... you beat me to it, I literally had the exact same quote and strike through

Comment

I dont doubt that Platty will score,in fact I think they will get 3 or 4, its whether, Oz will get the 4 or 5 needed...they played 2 top teams, and middlebury was at home as well, Platty will be back in their own barn and that will help out BIGTIME!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=PrezdeJohnson09;5280950]
                        Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post

PS: The curse is over...two straight W's..
                        I was just pointing out that you are cursed in general...no specific reference required
                        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          I was just pointing out that you are cursed in general...no specific reference required
                          Tell that to the Norwich women and the 2007 OSU Men's hockey team
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

All kidding aside (and while I am firmly a Lakers fan), here is what I wish for tomorrow night....

I wish for a game that lives up to the standards these two programs have set for others to follow...where the guys in the striped shirts allow for a hard fought, clean contest with the outcome decided by the players...where goaltenders turn into acrobats...where skilled forwards fly down the ice, sweaters flapping Modano style...where D-men play like men...where the fans don't sit or stop screaming for a single minute...where students freely and loudly demonstrate their passion for the fellow classmates on the ice - PG-13, please...

I am sorry I can't make the return trip for this contest, but I will be logged on, tuned in and hopeful for a great game between two great teams...
                            Go Lakers!!!
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

the question as to if it will be video streamed or not still hasn't been answered

Comment

Working...
                              X