Festivus Faceoff - Lake Placid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festivus Faceoff - Lake Placid

Next weekend! Who is coming? Did you hear that Chevy is giving away 2 all new Chevy Sonics, one during each game as well?

http://www.whiteface.com/events/festivus.php

Re: Festivus Faceoff - Lake Placid

Big difference between giving away a car and having to put the puck in a barely-bigger-than-the-puck sized hole in order to win a car.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Does this tend to sell out? Should I buy tickets online now, or will I be okay buying them when I get there?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Big difference between giving away a car and having to put the puck in a barely-bigger-than-the-puck sized hole in order to win a car.
        Still, it is probably the best name for a hockey tournament ever.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I am a little prejudiced on this subject but if you've seen a Sonic up close it very well might fit into that puck sized hole as well. Joking aside it's welcome to have any sponsors jumping on board.

Both Tim U and I will be there for both games. (Cheering for SLU of course!!!)
          SLU

Comment

It would be a Festivus miracle.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Still, it is probably the best name for a hockey tournament ever.
              It isn't actually a tournament because it is a one-day event without a champion being declared.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                It isn't actually a tournament because it is a one-day event without a champion being declared.
                Well, in that case I hereby declare St. Lawrence University champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                  Well, in that case I hereby declare St. Lawrence University champion.
                  Don't they have to win first?

We could name champions by using the first round of Capital District vs. North Country games as tiebreakers. In which case RPI has already been eliminated.

Comment

In keeping with the Festivus spirit, I would suggest the champion be the school that has the best airing of grievances - in which case, RPI wins going away
                    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                    Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                      Does this tend to sell out? Should I buy tickets online now, or will I be okay buying them when I get there?
                      You'll be fine buying tix at the door.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                        In keeping with the Festivus spirit, I would suggest the champion be the school that has the best airing of grievances - in which case, RPI wins going away
                        I will assume this to confirm your participation in "The Feats of Strength"... unless of course we see some form of brawl on the ice...

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                          The games are not over until the head of the household is wrestled to the floor and pinned.

Does that mean Steve Hagwell will be in the house?

Comment

The games are not over until the head of the household is wrestled to the floor and pinned.

Does that mean Steve Hagwell will be in the house?
                            You might find the building supervisor somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              You might find the building supervisor somewhere...
                              This was... humorous? Or supposed to be? What does the building supervisor have to do with anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X