Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home and home UNH/UML

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
    I'm going to be more interested to see how this relatively young squad responds at home (in front of an anticipated large, mostly partisan crowd) to a UNH team that pretty much waxed the floor with them at the Whitt.
    Stephen Buco answered that question when he came up with a statement-type goal in front of a record-setting statement-type crowd. This was a win that this school and city needed for a very long time; the last game like this Kevin Kotyluk scored a goal in an 8-4 thrashing of BC many years ago.

Of note, Josh Holmstrom had a yeoman's effort and an excellent game tonight. Did the little things to perfection. This was a team effort and a very entertaning game from both sides of the ice sheet. A big win for the boys who now hold a share of the final home-ice spot with Providence College.

Basically, the scrum at the end was Henrion running Kamrass and Pendenza punching someone, possibly Henrion, along with a little brew-ha-ha from the rest of the members on the ice. It's a good thing that college hockey doesn't have a message-sending rule like the NHL because I think these two young gentlemen are very, very fortunate that they were not given DQ's, and for my $0.02, both of them should have. Do not quote me on this, but while the NCAA allows supplementary discipline, I don't know if Hockey East reviews all game misconduct penalties at 20:00 minutes of a third period. I don't expect anything to happen but the game misconduct does matter as three GM's during a season yields an automatic one-game suspension.

I think the boys come up with a big but close win on Friday.

Hannibal Smith said it best; "I love it when a plan comes together"
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Stephen Buco answered that question when he came up with a statement-type goal in front of a record-setting statement-type crowd. This was a win that this school and city needed for a very long time; the last game like this Kevin Kotyluk scored a goal in an 8-4 thrashing of BC many years ago.

Of note, Josh Holmstrom had a yeoman's effort and an excellent game tonight. Did the little things to perfection. This was a team effort and a very entertaning game from both sides of the ice sheet. A big win for the boys who now hold a share of the final home-ice spot with Providence College.

Basically, the scrum at the end was Henrion running Kamrass and Pendenza punching someone, possibly Henrion, along with a little brew-ha-ha from the rest of the members on the ice. It's a good thing that college hockey doesn't have a message-sending rule like the NHL because I think these two young gentlemen are very, very fortunate that they were not given DQ's, and for my $0.02, both of them should have. Do not quote me on this, but while the NCAA allows supplementary discipline, I don't know if Hockey East reviews all game misconduct penalties at 20:00 minutes of a third period. I don't expect anything to happen but the game misconduct does matter as three GM's during a season yields an automatic one-game suspension.
      I was thinking maybe anything with less than 5 minutes left in regulation should be an auto-DQ... under the basic premise that you are accepting you are taking 5 and the game and since 5 is already the game then you need to have something on top. Not saying you have to go with it... but penalties at 20:00 in the 3rd always bothered me.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I was thinking maybe anything with less than 5 minutes left in regulation should be an auto-DQ... under the basic premise that you are accepting you are taking 5 and the game and since 5 is already the game then you need to have something on top. Not saying you have to go with it... but penalties at 20:00 in the 3rd always bothered me.
        Interesting thought.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Great crowd (record setting), great win, great friends and great beer. And I get free lasagna from my UNH alum's wife. What a night!
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I would agree with an auto-DQ for any GM penalties assesed at 20:00 of the third & a GWG and/or tie in OT. In the last 5:00 of the third, the penalty should be automatically reviewed by the league for supplemental discipline.
            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Cant see Lowell winning tonight but last night was excellent.
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Hope it's a good game with no injuries for either team. Go Hawks!
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

According to the UNH boxscore, the Wildcats have 29 shots. In the first period. Holy crap.

Good news for Lowell is Carr only got beat once, and Arnold tied it at 19:33. 1-1 after one.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    According to the UNH boxscore, the Wildcats have 29 shots. In the first period. Holy crap.

Good news for Lowell is Carr only got beat once, and Arnold tied it at 19:33. 1-1 after one.
                    UNH is on a mission. 16 minutes to go in the 2nd and UNH is up 2-1. This isn't looking good for Lowell.
                    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

A minute after I wrote my last post Lowell scored to tie it up.
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                        A minute after I wrote my last post Lowell scored to tie it up.
                        Goal Lowell! Ferreira makes it 3-2 with 9:37 left. Sounds like another bad goal allowed by Digi.

UNH has 37 shots at the halfway mark of this game.
                        Monty

Comment

Goal Lowell! Ferreira makes it 3-2 with 9:37 left. Sounds like another bad goal allowed by Digi.

At least DiGiseeitgoin is consistent. As is Umile in his lack of guts to play someone different.

Comment

they can finish with 74 if we come out with a win... lotta of ways to go...
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

they can finish with 74 if we come out with a win... lotta of ways to go...
                              Not sure if Lowell can keep giving up quality chances and win this one. Did you see the Merrimack score? Providence is up 3-0 in North Andover.
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                                Did you see the Merrimack score? Providence is up 3-0 in North Andover.
                                The Friars scored 3 goals on a major penalty to Merrimack.

Let's finish off this weekend with a strong 3rd period.
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X