Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND @ UAA: Two teams that desperately need points to move up the WCHA ladder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ UAA: Two teams that desperately need points to move up the WCHA ladder.

UND got hostile and abusive with CC to earn a sweep and UAA dug deep Saturday to get their 3rd point of the series Saturday. The upcoming weekend will be a big change for UND who is used to playing in arenas that have more fans than players and with the long trip to Anchorage the chances of UND being a bit sluggish are good.

Sioux Sweep.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Re: UND @ UAA: Two teams that desperately need points to move up the WCHA ladder.

This figures to be a pretty tough weekend for UND. Like BSU, I'm sure UAA believes UND is ripe for the picking and looks at the weekend as a chance to jump ahead of the Sioux in the standings. Anchorage has also been a traditionally tough venue for UND. If the boys hope to come away with points, they're going to have to play at least as well as they did against CC this past weekend.

I'd be happy with a split, and more importantly, continued improvement in the team's play.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Re: UND @ UAA: Two teams that desperately need points to move up the WCHA ladder.

The key to the series for UAA is getting all of their injured players back. Key guys out of the line up has hurt them badly. They had more jump in their skates when they took 3 points from the Mavericks, but they took way too many penalties which cost them the sweep. UND is gonna be hungry and look at UAA as an easy 4 points, but I hope UAA takes it to them like they have done in past years in Anchorage.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Both teams coming off strong series. Although AA tried to blow a huge lead against kato and UND didn't want to play any defense all weekend against CC. As the thread title states, both teams are "desperate for points". Makes for an interesting trip to Alaska for UND.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

If the Sioux are able to get a 4 goal lead, don't blow it!!
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            Both teams coming off strong series. Although AA tried to blow a huge lead against kato and UND didn't want to play any defense all weekend against CC. As the thread title states, both teams are "desperate for points". Makes for an interesting trip to Alaska for UND.
            I'm going to disagree with you a bit. On Saturday night North Dakota played pretty decent defense against a very good offensive hockey team. They gave up only 3 goals, one on the pp., and killed off a 5x3 for over a minute. Rylan Schwartz got some good looks, but by and large UND shut down the rest of CC that night.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I'm going to disagree with you a bit. On Saturday night North Dakota played pretty decent defense against a very good offensive hockey team. They gave up only 3 goals, one on the pp., and killed off a 5x3 for over a minute. Rylan Schwartz got some good looks, but by and large UND shut down the rest of CC that night.
              Agreed. Don't forget about the huge kill with less than 5 minutes in the game on Friday to secure the win. People might want to say that there was no defense played this weekend in the CC-UND series, but there actually was a lot of puck luck that contributed to goals by each side. I thought the defense on Friday was slightly above average, and the defense on Saturday, as you mentioned, was pretty good. CC has only been held to 3 goals twice this season, on Saturday and their season opener against Bemidji. They won't be held to under four goals all that often this season.

As for this series, North Dakota always struggles @ Anchorage. The Seawolves have underperformed a bit so far this season, and the Sioux have definitely struggled. It should be a very good series, and I really think it has split written all over it. That being said, better than 2 points for either side would be a very good sign that the season is tilting in the right direction.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I don't believe, or maybe I can't believe, that the Sioux are this bad. They have to be better than this, right? Rope-a-dope? Usual slow start? No, I'm not kidding. Sioux get 3 points this weekend. If not, then I may re-think my stance. Hell, I'm trying to convince one of my Sioux friends that UND isn't as bad as their record. That's just messed up.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Anything less than a sweep for the Seawolves will be a disappointment for me.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Anything less than a sweep for the Seawolves will be a disappointment for me.
                    Prepare to be disappointed then.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      Prepare to be disappointed then.
                      Thanks for wasting 27 letters on the Internet.

Comment

And thank you for contributing to alleged wasting of letters on the Internet by responding.

Comment

Anything less than 27 visible fans in the stands will be a disappointment to me.
                          Last edited by Dirty; 11-29-2011, 06:29 AM.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm sure you don't mean to but you come across like a d!ckhead...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              I'm sure you don't mean to but you come across like a d!ckhead...
                              You ARE new here, aren't you? He DOES mean it and he knows how he comes across. Although I believe he prefers to come across as an areshole rather than as a d!ckhead.

Comment

Working...
                              X