Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

No game threads in the score forum, no traffic on the Maine hockey list, 350 members on the Fire Timmay facebook page. Alfond not selling out even with less seats in it. Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    No game threads in the score forum, no traffic on the Maine hockey list, 350 members on the Fire Timmay facebook page. Alfond not selling out even with less seats in it. Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.
    yep.

Comment

Score updates thread seemed to have migrated to this one, judging by the posts from last night. Someone still must care, since we've already locked one season thread so far.

As for the defense vs. goaltending thing, soft goals have been a major problem, but I heard "player wide open right in the slot" too many times last night for it not to be a continuing concern as well.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Score updates thread seemed to have migrated to this one, judging by the posts from last night. Someone still must care, since we've already locked one season thread so far.

As for the defense vs. goaltending thing, soft goals have been a major problem, but I heard "player wide open right in the slot" too many times last night for it not to be a continuing concern as well.
        well, that's what happens when Timmy's "system" calls for a one-player overload on every loose puck... if Maine gets it, then all their players are covered by a smart opponent, and if the opponent gets the loose puck then they always have at least one open man.

it doesn't take a rocket surgeon

I have NO idea how all of the players could possibly have forgotten how to play their position, and WAIT for the puck to come to them when appropriate... instead, they play like giant mites.

have I said all that before?

Comment

I certainly still care. I think a year from now everyone will be thrilled to bits with where the program is. I really can't see anyone other than Montgomery in charge next year. I don't think the turnaround will take as long as people expect either.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I certainly still care. I think a year from now everyone will be thrilled to bits with where the program is. I really can't see anyone other than Montgomery in charge next year. I don't think the turnaround will take as long as people expect either.
            You think the Blodgett failure will influence Abbott on Monty?

Comment

Blodgett had no prior head coaching experience, and not a whole lot at the assistant level. I think Jimmy's proved his abilities at this point.

Comment

Score updates thread seemed to have migrated to this one, judging by the posts from last night. Someone still must care, since we've already locked one season thread so far. .
                The hard core folks are still here but the not so hard core have left the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  The hard core folks are still here but the not so hard core have left the ship.
                  Or.............the TIMMAY apologists can't think of anything more to defend their boy with and so have decided to lurk only, leaving nobody else here but us haters and internet nutcases.

Comment

Blodgett had no prior head coaching experience, and not a whole lot at the assistant level. I think Jimmy's proved his abilities at this point.
                    Not only that but we are talking about people with distinct personalities as well. Blodgett had the personality of a dead rock.....she had NO business being a D-1 head coach!

Comment

Do I care any more?

Is it 2013 yet?

If there's another extension, I'm gone for good.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        Not only that but we are talking about people with distinct personalities as well. Blodgett had the personality of a dead rock.....she had NO business being a D-1 head coach!
                        On top of that Monty would be about nine years older when he took over too which I think makes a big difference. Who else would there even be for candidates? I think one of the biggest reasons Timmy is still coach is there really hasn't been someone to take over before now.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Steve,
                          Please just fire Tim already and get it over with.
                          Thanks,
                          Ray
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            On top of that Monty would be about nine years older when he took over too which I think makes a big difference. Who else would there even be for candidates? I think one of the biggest reasons Timmy is still coach is there really hasn't been someone to take over before now.
                            Last week at the ND/BC game I ran into a couple of Notre Dame hockey alums who played while Montgomery was a volunteer assistant there. I asked them what they thought of him as a coach and they both thought he'd be a good fit at Maine. They said he was more of a pro style coach than most college coaches are but didnt seem to think that was a bad thing.
                            Said he played Out of the Woods for them.

Comment

Agree with Slapshot08 (on the closed thread ) that Maine goalies spend waaaay too much time out of the crease fumbling around with the puck. This seems to be Timmy-thing that started with Bish, who was good for about one own-goal type miscue per game.

The goalie as a "third defenseman" doesn't work out against decent teams... Protect the paint and let the [I]real[/I] D do their jobs, if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X