Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

It is impressive, as are Abbott's 102 career points so far... They are both guys that could have played for Shawn. (I think only Spencer has a shot at the NHL, though.)

Question is: where will Maine be without them? I'm thinking next year will be brutal, kinda like the year Sill and Czuba were among the top recruits. I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, never mind the shaky 'tending.

I didn't pick up the feed from NSN until the start of the 3rd, and I guess that was the place to start watching. The PP was very polished and competent; that seems to be the one coaching strength Tim has in his arsenal. (12 of 23, recently, is no-doubt outstanding.)

The video was as grainy as is typical on free feeds, but the camera angle was good and the commentators fairly astute. I'm hoping that they archive tomorrow's game immediately, so I can watch it after I get home from my local D-3 game. (Yes, that's how bad it's gotten for me; cancelled my reservations in Burlington to avoid the aggravation of watching Tim blow another one or two, just to watch a lesser team that is allowed to go balls-out for 60 minutes see what they can do.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-03-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Crazy game, good to see Maine came out on top, need to do it again tonight.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmq...a-change_sport

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          It is impressive, as are Abbott's 102 career points so far... They are both guys that could have played for Shawn. (I think only Spencer has a shot at the NHL, though.)

Question is: where will Maine be without them? I'm thinking next year will be brutal, kinda like the year Sill and Czuba were among the top recruits. I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, never mind the shaky 'tending.

I didn't pick up the feed from NSN until the start of the 3rd, and I guess that was the place to start watching. The PP was very polished and competent; that seems to be the one coaching strength Tim has in his arsenal. (12 of 23, recently, is no-doubt outstanding.)

The video was as grainy as is typical on free feeds, but the camera angle was good and the commentators fairly astute. I'm hoping that they archive tomorrow's game immediately, so I can watch it after I get home from my local D-3 game. (Yes, that's how bad it's gotten for me; cancelled my reservations in Burlington to avoid the aggravation of watching Tim blow another one or two, just to watch a lesser team that is allowed to go balls-out for 60 minutes see what they can do.)
          Yes next season squad looks to be in dire starights for scoring...new netminder coming in (Matt Morris,Dubuque USHL/Coached by Mongomery with the aid of Standbrook) and with what they have returning and some incoming hopefully talented players...that would be a IDEAL time to pull the trigger and get rid of TW and bring in a NEW Man behind the Bench...then the rebuilding/and re recruitng could start...I can live with a season like that...knowing that Change has started and there is "HOPE" at the end of the UM Hockey Tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
            Steve wants to pull the plug on Timmay's Reign of Terror...TRUST ME.

But since he got handcuffed with a new contract before ever taking over, he just needs to figure it out financially.
            As he's trying to figure it out financially he better not be looking too hard at just what it costs to get rid of Timmay because the cost of keeping him is so much higher when you consider the ongoing loss of revenue from empty seats and lack of interest from potential UM alumni donors and lack of positive exposure nationally and lack of the program's reputation and the way it will affect future recruiting efforts for years to come. This ongoing train wreck needs to come to an end, and soon! No good will come from letting it continue and much harm is being done by putting off the inevitable while focusing exclusively on only one side of the equation. The very best thing he could do is pay Timmay to leave before 2012 begins, give Corkum the reins for the remainder of the season with interviews for the permanent position to begin in April, and then personally go knock on Grants door and beg him to come back and help Corkum try to salvage the rest of this season.

Comment

Interesting video, the economies of North Dakota and Maine are hardly similar, ND has oil and the state is booming, anyone who wants a job can move their and get one easily. 2 many ads for me to continue to watch
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                As he's trying to figure it out financially he better not be looking too hard at just what it costs to get rid of Timmay because the cost of keeping him is so much higher when you consider the ongoing loss of revenue from empty seats and lack of interest from potential UM alumni donors and lack of positive exposure nationally and lack of the program's reputation and the way it will affect future recruiting efforts for years to come. This ongoing train wreck needs to come to an end, and soon! No good will come from letting it continue and much harm is being done by putting off the inevitable while focusing exclusively on only one side of the equation. The very best thing he could do is pay Timmay to leave before 2012 begins, give Corkum the reins for the remainder of the season with interviews for the permanent position to begin in April, and then personally go knock on Grants door and beg him to come back and help Corkum try to salvage the rest of this season.
                I have to agree with a lot of this... Maine is already "paying the price" for keeping him with the diminished revenue streams.

To answer the thread question - I care, but a lot less than I once did. I know I find it much less interesting to drag myself around New England to go watch a team just go through the motions. I happened to drive through Albany this week, and remembered taking road trips to there and to providence for NCAA tournament action, and going to Conte or Schneider or the Whit to see us play. It is just not compelling enough right now, and never mind a drive to Orono to go back to the Alfond. It's not just about following a winner. I stuck through a lot of lean years through parts of the 80's, and through the tough times (emotionally) in the mid 90's as well. I never remember the team being this tough to watch, or feeling this resigned to the status quo.
                It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Blue View Post
                  I have to agree with a lot of this... Maine is already "paying the price" for keeping him with the diminished revenue streams.

To answer the thread question - I care, but a lot less than I once did. I know I find it much less interesting to drag myself around New England to go watch a team just go through the motions. I happened to drive through Albany this week, and remembered taking road trips to there and to providence for NCAA tournament action, and going to Conte or Schneider or the Whit to see us play. It is just not compelling enough right now, and never mind a drive to Orono to go back to the Alfond. It's not just about following a winner. I stuck through a lot of lean years through parts of the 80's, and through the tough times (emotionally) in the mid 90's as well. I never remember the team being this tough to watch, or feeling this resigned to the status quo.
                  You feel like MANY Passionate Maine Hockey fans...UMaine Hcokey was and is suppose to be a feel good issue...with TW at the Helm that is "GONE".

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                    I would ONLY assume it could happen after the season,but boy if it would happen things would feel/look better...maybe not record wise but "HOPE" wise.

Comment

ditto

Comment

D played great to kill two 5 on 3 situations

Comment

Maine football kicked azz today. Say what you will about Cozzie, but that's how you get a team prepared and then execute on the field.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

2-0 Maine. 4 min left in the first. Diamond 2 goals
                            Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Can Maine play UVM for the rest of the season?

Diamond and Abbott are having themselves a game.
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

UVM is ah.....suck.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X