Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Tim isn't the man for the job, but he sure as heck isn't trying to ruin the program. He might be doing a terrible job and he might be letting his ego get in the way or be in denial, but he isn't intentionally trying to sabotage the program. The "internet nutcases" will be taken a lot more seriously if you leave the personal attacks out and just stick to facts on how terrible of a coach he is.
    ...And that was such a nice post up until the kicker!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
      Watching the US/Denmark World Junior game tonight and notice that Todd Bjorkstrand is the coach of Denmark talk about a blast from the past. His two sons are playing for Denmark as well.
      Nearly forgot about Todd... He was truly fun to watch. I'd like to see attracting getting a few more players like him nowadays.

(Shifting gears, does anyone know if the Estero games are being web-cast?)

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
        I think we can all agree, Tim would be a great next door neighbour....
        Bet he would be... And probably better than Shawn, Jack Semlar and Tort ,too. (I played pool with John and his brother Jim a few times, and it appears he hasn't changed a bit; still a hot-head.)

But,as you imply, being a nice guy doesn't necessarily translate into coaching success.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-27-2011, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Thursday at 4.30, Maine vs Clarkson, wow what a matchup
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Thursday at 4.30, Maine vs Clarkson, wow what a matchup
            Yeah, think how we feel

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
              Yeah, think how we feel
              It seems that UMaine is having a more difficult time soliciting good teams down there.........If it was not for Cornell, this Tourney would suck........They should keep it in the east so that players can get exposure.......?

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                Yeah, think how we feel
                Thinking about 99 should help the way you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                  It seems that UMaine is having a more difficult time soliciting good teams down there.........If it was not for Cornell, this Tourney would suck........They should keep it in the east so that players can get exposure.......?
                  (Seen Cornell a couple of times this season, and they ain't great shakes themselves, believe me.)

There isn't a legitimate top-20 team in this tournament, but that should should make for close games, in a head-in-your-hands sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                    Watching the US/Denmark World Junior game tonight and notice that Todd Bjorkstrand is the coach of Denmark talk about a blast from the past. His two sons are playing for Denmark as well.
                    Knew Todd well back in college, and watched some of that game and saw the Bjorkstrand's on the ice, but never did the rest of the homework. Thanks for posting. Todd was one of the few MN recruits by Semler that panned out, along with Ron Hellen. Very happy for Todd!

Comment

If the FL college classic used to be where good beginnings went to die, is there any chance it can be where disappointing beginnings go to die?

Or have I gotten into acs's supply of dark rum?

Either way, sunny and 80 is hard to argue with. Worst case, if the hockey is lousy, there's still the other 4 team shindig in Tampa-StPete...
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                        , there's still the other 4 team shindig in Tampa-StPete...
                        That should be fun, headed down for that and a few days at Disney. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          That should be fun, headed down for that and a few days at Disney. Can't wait.
                          Heard they closed Disney because they had to many people, hope you weren't part of the group that got lock out. You won't have to worry about crowds if you go to Estero for the tourney, just buy cheap seats and sit where you want, even in the bar.

Comment

does anyone have the video working for the clarkson game?

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              Heard they closed Disney because they had to many people, hope you weren't part of the group that got lock out. You won't have to worry about crowds if you go to Estero for the tourney, just buy cheap seats and sit where you want, even in the bar.
                              Nah
                              I'm going down to Tampa for the Frozen Four, going to Orlando for a few days first, visiting a college for my step son,Embry Riddle in Daytona, then down to Tampa for Hockey and some beach time on the west coast of FLA

Comment

Oh yeah, 3-0 Maine in the 2nd, oops for 4-0m on PP, Shemansky from Beattie and Mangene

Comment

Working...
                                X