Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
    Thank you '93 '99
    I have been just reading posts of late. There are a lot of silent supporters of Coach Whitehead.
    Many just brush off all the negative comments because they are the loud minority.

We have an awesome program here at Maine.

Hockey will always bring out passionate people and everybody is entitled to an opinion.
    I just don't understand why people always want to blame TW.

Coach Whitehead is an excellent person that leads by example. He is an incredible role model
    and our program is in good hands and thriving.

True we win and lose but that's hockey.

Go Black Bears!
    Wow. Just wow.

I wish I could live in your world Big Papa. Money grows on trees. Candy and junk food makes you skinny. The word majority is spelled minority. Everybody loves everbody...Seems like a cool place.

Comment

[QUOTE=Big Papa;5300855]
      QUOTE]

Rule #1 - Ignore Big Papa.

Rule #2 - When you can not ignore him, please point out that TW is the only constant in the string of 4, almost 5 seasons without an NCAA appearance. Players, coaches, ADs, and the size of the Alfond have all changed in that time. Just TW remains the same.

Rules #3 - When/if Big Papa responds to a logical posting with more non-sense, please refer back to Rule #1.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
        http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2011/1...a-opportunity/

Hopefully the move to Junior A will help Antonelli out.
        He could return to Maine later,right..? Didn't Jankus do that when he was at Maine..? Left and then came back.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
          Seems like there are alot more people that want TW gone...this one and another two sites going on would seem to tell me their are plently of unhappy campers in Black Bear Nation. GOOD..! And good that its alot of people from everywhere's...not just a Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            I wonder if his leaving was hard on the parents of the players... and if he left because he has his sites on the destruction of the program... Whitehead will let us know soon enough that HE had nothing to do with it.

and I have NO idea what your comment means... he won't be the LAST?

I wonder if timmy told him that there was no room at the inn in Florida for him later this month.
            I'm sure that the TIMMAY spin machine is on overdrive. This is so freakin pitiful to watch play out...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              He could return to Maine later,right..? Didn't Jankus do that when he was at Maine..? Left and then came back.
              Yes it's a smart move on his part since he wasn't going to play much (if at all) this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                I wonder if his leaving was hard on the parents of the players... and if he left because he has his sites on the destruction of the program... Whitehead will let us know soon enough that HE had nothing to do with it.

and I have NO idea what your comment means... he won't be the LAST?

I wonder if timmy told him that there was no room at the inn in Florida for him later this month.
                I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it or not, but his brother died right before he came to Maine in an incident similar to what happened in Haverhill yesterday. An announcer mentioned during one of the games they were thinking of red-shirting him and Norman so maybe that is why he went to junior A. I hope everything works out for him and he comes back at some point. Reading his bio it sounds like he's a wonderful athlete and needs game action which he'll get with Pembroke.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Is Whathead gone yet? How ugly is this whole thing going to get for him before he's physically run out of town?
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    But see its not going to, he has a 3 year contract worth close to a 1/2 million dollars or more. Its not wins or losses at this point its a contract that's a public relations nightmare. So thinking 0-15 is going to do something at this point in the season is just plain wrong
                    I don't know anything for sure, but my point was that being a complete failure might make Maine eating his salary seem justified to the public, using whatever spin the U wants to put on it.

It's harder to sell that idea when you're just dealing with a pedestrian failure such as Tim has been, and that could be why we might be stuck with him for a couple more years.

With the benefit of hindsight, I wish he'd gone 0-30 in 2009... Pretty sure he'd be history by now if that were the case, gift-extension or not.

Comment

But see its not going to, he has a 3 year contract worth close to a 1/2 million dollars or more. Its not wins or losses at this point its a contract that's a public relations nightmare. So thinking 0-15 is going to do something at this point in the season is just plain wrong
                      No its not just plain wrong. Having this team limp along in mediocrity for the next 2 years with Timmay szmoozing and azzkissing Abbot every chance he gets could just result in another extension. Dont discount that sad possibility. We all know Timmay will do pretty much anything to hold on...thats already been demonstrated by him throwing the Maine fanbase under the bus. As sad as it to think, in order to help assure his dismissal his teams have to finish in the lower tier out of the playoffs every year, which is likely to happen anyway given the way that schmuk coaches.
                      Last edited by all bear; 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM.
                      sure why not

Comment

I think you're going to surprised one of these days......Going 0-15 in itself might not do it but if that 0-15 record means there are even more empty seats in the Alfond, Abbott might just do the math and realize that the lost income from ticket sales, food sales, UMaine sports gear/clothing, and alumni donations, will be a LOT more than 1/2 million over the next couple of years. 1/2 million to get rid of Whitehead could turn out to be the best business decision Abbott ever made!

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                          I think you're going to surprised one of these days......Going 0-15 in itself might not do it but if that 0-15 record means there are even more empty seats in the Alfond, Abbott might just do the math and realize that the lost income from ticket sales, food sales, UMaine sports gear/clothing, and alumni donations, will be a LOT more than 1/2 million over the next couple of years. 1/2 million to get rid of Whitehead could turn out to be the best business decision Abbott ever made!
                          Maybe so but nothing is going to happen in the middle of the season
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                            Thank you '93 '99
                            I have been just reading posts of late. There are a lot of silent supporters of Coach Whitehead.
                            Many just brush off all the negative comments because they are the loud minority.

We have an awesome program here at Maine.

Hockey will always bring out passionate people and everybody is entitled to an opinion.

Coach Whitehead is an excellent person that leads by example. He is an incredible role model
                            and our program is in good hands and thriving.

True we win and lose but that's hockey.

Go Black Bears!
                            I can see why you don't understand why people blame TW. You seem to think we have an awesome program and its thriving.

We have gone from being a top team year in, year out to a middle of a pack team with no end in sight. How is that thriving? It looks more like a slow death.

Comment

Maybe so but nothing is going to happen in the middle of the season
                              Your right there..."IF" anything happens it will be after the season is done...maybe the end of March/1st week of April leading up to the Frozen 4 in Tampa,FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Your right there..."IF" anything happens it will be after the season is done...maybe the end of March/1st week of April leading up to the Frozen 4 in Tampa,FL.
                                Or maybe nothing at all happens. If the admin is satisified with middle of the road, average, mediocre or even below that level, they have the man in charge already. Dont count that possibility out. Remember Whathead had James eating out of his hand.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X