Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State @ Minnesota

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    I did not watch the game, but you do realize Minnesota is 1-5 against Mankato in their last 6 games (excluding tonight) right? The last few year's teams did NOT win ugly against Mankato, much less win.
    Yes, unfortunately I do know this I have been at every home game they have played against the purple land cows except for this year. A WIN is a much better result then from years past, but their play has regressed from the level it was at earlier this year.
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
      Yes, unfortunately I do know this I have been at every home game they have played against the purple land cows except for this year. A WIN is a much better result then from years past, but their play has regressed from the level it was at earlier this year.
      You could see it regress the more MSU played the trap. MN was all over them, and that became less and less as the game went on, as MSU adopted the trap mentality as the game went on. It was like a clinic. Death Star : Luke Skywalker = MN : Trap.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        A hawkeye fan.
        We may not be able to win that **** pig at TCF, but at least we make bowl games every year.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          We may not be able to win that **** pig at TCF, but at least we make bowl games every year.
          That's nothing to be proud of Russ.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Pick one school (MSUM, IA, UND, whatever) and stick with it.

Comment

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              they missed a puck HITTING THE SAFETY NET BEHIND THE GOAL. The announcers, the fans, everyone watching on tv saw it. The refs didn't.
              I don't have HD and recorded the game on an old VHS tape, so I actually missed seeing it hit the net, so you might want to edit to "everyone watching live on TV and not a crapppy VHS recording.." I did hear the announcers mention it though and couldn't believe the lack of goalie interference or a tripping call in the game.

That being said, here's the key to beating MN: play the trap. You could see MSU progress and MN regress more and more as MSU embraced the trap into their game.
              Also need to edit to say "play the trap on Friday night". It wasn't just the trap, the Gophs played poorly. I lost track of how many times a pass was made to a guy in perfect position of a one-timer, but it was to the player's backhand or feet. And in the middle of the game, a lot of the Gophs looked like spectators. Hope they can figure out Friday nights soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                You could see it regress the more MSU played the trap. MN was all over them, and that became less and less as the game went on, as MSU adopted the trap mentality as the game went on. It was like a clinic. Death Star : Luke Skywalker = MN : Trap.
                '
                I think it was as much about MN's lackluster play as it was about the trap. MN played better late in the game, despite the trap. They had no jump in their skates from midway through the first until into the third. Warning stood out especially to me. He coughed up multiple pucks. One or two flubs can just be accidents, but seeing it more often is a sign of not being in the game. In particular, there was one where he tried to feed the puck back to the point and made a poor pass that was picked off and set up a break the other way. The Gopher D fell down and you could see Warning coming behind with no apparent urgency whatsoever. If you mess up and set up a rush the other way, you shouldn't assume your D will handle it. You should turn and use every bit of energy to get back to cover your mistake. Don't normally like to be critical, especially young players, but that is not the type of play that got them the record they have and sure won't get them far at the end of the year.

I hope they play solid tonight and can figure out a way next Friday to come out flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  '
                  I think it was as much about MN's lackluster play as it was about the trap. MN played better late in the game, despite the trap. They had no jump in their skates from midway through the first until into the third. Warning stood out especially to me. He coughed up multiple pucks. One or two flubs can just be accidents, but seeing it more often is a sign of not being in the game. In particular, there was one where he tried to feed the puck back to the point and made a poor pass that was picked off and set up a break the other way. The Gopher D fell down and you could see Warning coming behind with no apparent urgency whatsoever. If you mess up and set up a rush the other way, you shouldn't assume your D will handle it. You should turn and use every bit of energy to get back to cover your mistake. Don't normally like to be critical, especially young players, but that is not the type of play that got them the record they have and sure won't get them far at the end of the year.

I hope they play solid tonight and can figure out a way next Friday to come out flying.

Looks like Warning is really pressing. He needs to let the game come to him. And not back-checking after a mistake is a sign of a young player losing confidence and getting frustrated. I would think tDon and Guentzel noticed that and will have a talk with the young man. No excuse for that. Struggling is one thing, but you have to play hard and work through it.

Comment

Isackson in for Warning, rest of lineup is the same as last night.
                    http://yfrog.com/z/o0ge7opj

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Sweep. Amazing considering the reffing this weekend. When fans are begging for Shepherd to ref your game, you know something is wrong.

MN played well in the first and third, horribly in the second. Lee played amazingly well this weekend. There should be an ESPN Top Ten save, and probably should be #1, if ESPN decides to throw hockey a bone this week.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That was one ugly sweep, but it counts all the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Sweep. Amazing considering the reffing this weekend. When fans are begging for Shepherd to ref your game, you know something is wrong.

MN played well in the first and third, horribly in the second. Lee played amazingly well this weekend. There should be an ESPN Top Ten save, and probably should be #1, if ESPN decides to throw hockey a bone this week.
                          The officiating tonight almost ruined that game. It was like a hockey game broke out in a ref clinic. I can't wait till UM comes to GF so they can cross check Rau and send him for embellishment.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            The officiating tonight almost ruined that game. It was like a hockey game broke out in a ref clinic. I can't wait till UM comes to GF so they can cross check Rau and send him for embellishment.
                            They wouldn't. They'd call a double minor on UND just because.

At least you have a legit stance on the reffing tonight. Guess when you throw enough darts....

Comment

4pts we'll take it.

I guess you can't check if Don Adam is reffing.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                                4pts we'll take it.

I guess you can't check if Don Adam is reffing.
                                You can trip, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X