X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State @ Minnesota

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Not a chance in hell.
    The first step to recovery is admission...
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      A hawkeye fan.

hmm.. interesting. The Sue can't win a NC. The hawkeyes can't win a pig. Maybe you're right. But a cow doesn't even play for a pig. So it still may be a wash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        hmm.. interesting. The Sue can't win a NC. The hawkeyes can't win a pig. Maybe you're right. But a cow doesn't even play for a pig. So it still may be a wash.
        There is nothing worse than an elitist gopher fan, see Ryan Cardinal. As far as winning NCs 7>6 still so I think Sue is doing fine.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          There is nothing worse than an elitist gopher fan, see Ryan Cardinal. As far as winning NCs 7>6 still so I think Sue is doing fine.
          Only a sue fan would get offended at a dig on the hawkeyes and mavericks. Of the 3 comments made there I would think the sue dig was the lightest. Must be a little hypersensitive about that kind of thing.

Haven't heard this argument in a week or two so I will respond as necessary. Win an NC this millenium and we can talk. Would you like to forfit the remainder of your season now since you won't even make it far enough to lose in the frozen 4 this year?

But I digress. It's Friday so there should be some hockey talk by now instead of getting side tracked by sue. So, in a desperate attempt to spur hockey conversation does Patterson rest on Saturday if the team performs well Friday? Unlikely. Also hoping the lines return closer to what they have been in previous weeks.

Comment

Gophers will score 10 goals each night while sweeping the Landcows.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Also hoping the lines return closer to what they have been in previous weeks.
              Not sure if it was here or on GPL but I'm pretty sure someone posted that Lucia was quoted as saying that the line combos will be returned to what they were to start the year. Ambroz and Warning will be back in the lineup, but Lucia wanted them to sit the second game of the Mich St series for obvious reasons.
              Last edited by gopher wes; 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                Only a sue fan would get offended at a dig on the hawkeyes and mavericks. Of the 3 comments made there I would think the sue dig was the lightest. Must be a little hypersensitive about that kind of thing.

Haven't heard this argument in a week or two so I will respond as necessary. Win an NC this millenium and we can talk. Would you like to forfit the remainder of your season now since you won't even make it far enough to lose in the frozen 4 this year?

But I digress. It's Friday so there should be some hockey talk by now instead of getting side tracked by sue. So, in a desperate attempt to spur hockey conversation does Patterson rest on Saturday if the team performs well Friday? Unlikely. Also hoping the lines return closer to what they have been in previous weeks.
                Did you mean forfeit? Eeyore. Just because I didn't use an emoticon doesn't mean I wasn't being light hearted. Patterson should definitely rest Saturday, I'm sure he's exhausted from the November title run. Lol haha rofl lmfao etc.... There, light hearted.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  Did you mean forfeit? Eeyore. Just because I didn't use an emoticon doesn't mean I wasn't being light hearted. Patterson should definitely rest Saturday, I'm sure he's exhausted from the November title run. Lol haha rofl lmfao etc.... There, light hearted.
                  Titles aren't won in November, but they sure are lost. That must be a switch for the sue but maybe a relief to get it out of the way early.

I got no issue with sitting Ambroz and Warning, but don't shake up the rest of the lines because of it. I think the other players should just be plugged into their spots instead of breaking up a top notch 4th line.

Comment

Wow. Just.....Wow.

I'd bet next weeks paycheck that a team of Stillwater peewees could beat the Gophers on a Friday night.

Panic time, folks.
                    Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 12-02-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

MN wins, with no help from the refs. Wait, hear me out.

MN played like arse. The refs did NOT cost them the game (obviously, since MN won). The refs did miss, however, an MSU guy running Patterson on an MSU breakaway, pretty obvious, and then the icing on the cake......wait for it........they missed a puck HITTING THE SAFETY NET BEHIND THE GOAL. The announcers, the fans, everyone watching on tv saw it. The refs didn't.

When you have Don Adam on the ice, and fans are begging BEGGING for Shepard......there's a problem.

That being said, here's the key to beating MN: play the trap. You could see MSU progress and MN regress more and more as MSU embraced the trap into their game.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ugly win but the 2pts is still the same.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

In March people will only remember the two points to zero. Get the brooms out tomorrow. Learn how to dump, chase, and forecheck. Beat the trap.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            In March people will only remember the two points to zero. Get the brooms out tomorrow. Learn how to dump, chase, and forecheck. Beat the trap.
                            The Larson-Boyd-Serratore line showed this. That line was good.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

What an ugly game on all ends of the game. Minnesota has some SERIOUS regression issues that need to be addressed. It looked like a WIN that would of come from a team over the past 3 years - UGLY!!!!!!!!! You have the kids shooting pucks into players standing directly in font of them. The D is consistently out of position. Players are looking for the pretty goal instead of getting tons of pucks on net. Ever since the UND series this team has taken multiple steps back in their play. Yes a win is a win, but it was horse **** UGLY.
                              - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Go you Green and White
                              Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Fight with all your might!
                              Rah! Rah! Rah!
                              We are here to cheer you
                              We are out to win your fame,
                              So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                                What an ugly game on all ends of the game. Minnesota has some SERIOUS regression issues that need to be addressed. It looked like a WIN that would of come from a team over the past 3 years - UGLY!!!!!!!!! You have the kids shooting pucks into players standing directly in font of them. The D is consistently out of position. Players are looking for the pretty goal instead of getting tons of pucks on net. Ever since the UND series this team has taken multiple steps back in their play. Yes a win is a win, but it was horse **** UGLY.
                                I did not watch the game, but you do realize Minnesota is 1-5 against Mankato in their last 6 games (excluding tonight) right? The last few year's teams did NOT win ugly against Mankato, much less win.

Comment

Working...
                                X