Minnesota State @ Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State @ Minnesota

Yeah, because this is the University of Minnesota at Mankato State Technological A&M College For the Blind's (© Hoven) NC series, of course they get up for these games. Minnesota should still sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
      i would like to see lucia go back to the original lines. the 2nd and 3rd lines werent scoring.. but that combination of players was working.. and they were wearing teams down. mankato is a team that the gophers should be able to wear down by using 4 solid lines.
      I'd at least like to see Boyd back on the 4th line. Not just because he was culpable on 2 of MSU's goals Saturday, but mostly because that 4th line has been a big contributor this season, and seemed to be less of a factor without Boyd.

Warning and Ambroz I could take or leave at this point. I'd like to see Sacchetti more seriously placed in that trio for the last 2 roster spots.

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I agree with you, but maybe if Patterson has a shaky Friday like we saw at Mich St we see Shibrowski on Saturday..?
      Why? I don't see any reason to. And, given that MN hasn't racked up many OOC wins, I'm also skeptical that we will see him in the holiday tournament.
      MN has plenty of rest through the first part of January. Giving Patterson 1 night off now doesn't make much sense.

Comment

I don't think jerry's statement is that farfetched. We are only a couple years removed from a home and home kato sweep and and a kato sweep on the road last year.
        How about like the 25 games before that?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
          Why? I don't see any reason to. And, given that MN hasn't racked up many OOC wins, I'm also skeptical that we will see him in the holiday tournament.
          MN has plenty of rest through the first part of January. Giving Patterson 1 night off now doesn't make much sense.
          It was a question, not really a suggestion. It was in response to a post state of hockey made. I agree with you.

I also agree with you on Ambroz and Warning. I hope that sitting them on Saturday was a wake up call and if they play this weekend that they are much more motivated and make an impact. Even if it isn't on the scoresheet, especially in Ambroz's case using his size in the corners and out in front of the net.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            How about like the 25 games before that?
            That is irrelevant. Recent history has shown that the purple cows have played the Gophers pretty tough and as recently as last year, thoroughly outplayed the Gophers. Take nothing for granted in the WCHA, friend.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The past couple of years have been good for MSU against the Gophs but this years team is struggling to win, good efforts have been seen from game to game but the results haven't been favorable. I don't see MSU taking any points in the series but I think they may jump out of the gate strong. If they get down by a couple early it will be a long game as they seem to slow down. Against UAA they came out with fire after getting down by 4 but couldn't do it. As always, hopeful but realistic. Watching on well produced TV won't make it any easier if it's a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                I know you're busy but when you are done policing the comedy on this thread could you stop by the UND tubes threads and check the humor? Syntax too if you have time.
                I'll do it.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

That is irrelevant. Recent history has shown that the purple cows have played the Gophers pretty tough and as recently as last year, thoroughly outplayed the Gophers. Take nothing for granted in the WCHA, friend.
                  You forget that St Cloud fans feel the need to point out the failings of MSU so they can feel superior to us. Just another day on the interwebs.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/10933_1187629083955_1025148831_30521784_7501029_n. jpg******
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      *****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/10933_1187629083955_1025148831_30521784_7501029_n. jpg******
                      Brent always goes out on a limb when he predict this
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        The "Write It Down, Take A Picture, I Don't Give A F*" post-it (which another member of the board did; I did not take this picture, and I don't think I personally know the person who did) is undefeated. This includes a series against tUMD.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          You're right. Gopher fans NEVER get reminded about things that happened years ago.

Tell you what, we'll let it go when you finally change your mascot to the Screaming Eagles.
                          I think Dawber would be an improvement over Jutting.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            It only ever really counts for Saturday. The Gophers can only get 1 point from the series and if it's on Saturday, then the "call" stands true on a technicality.

Note: The above does not apply to Sat./Sun. series.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The Friday game is on an alternate Fox channel, Saturday's game is on FSN like always.

Listing for alternate channels.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/11/28/...08&feedID=3697
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Nope. In fact my tickets are up for sale for both games. This is the kid's team's travel tourney weekend - to exciting Rochester.
                                How many you got for Friday and how much?
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X