Front Range Rivalry Volume Two: Denver at CC Friday 12/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Range Rivalry Volume Two: Denver at CC Friday 12/2

Both teams come off loses to top programs post Turkey Day. CC lost two close games at the Ralph to the Sioux. Rylan Schwartz is a goal scoring machine and bags back to back hat tricks. CC scores 9 and gives up 11. DU loses a hard fought Denver Cup final to Miami 4-2. A Denver win keeps the Pan in the case at Magness. A CC win sends it back to Magness for a decision in the dead of Winter. 8:00 start for national TV. Let's get it started.
    Last edited by MagnessMan; 11-27-2011, 12:26 AM.
    Go Pioneers!

Re: Front Range Rivalry Volume Two: Denver at CC Friday 12/2

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Both teams come off loses to top programs post Turkey Day. CC lost two close games at the Ralph to the Sioux. Rylan Schwartz is a goal scoring machine and bags back to back hat tricks. CC scores 9 and gives up 11. DU loses a hard fought Denver Cup final to Miami 4-2. A Denver win keeps the Pan in the case at Magness. A CC win sends it back to Magness for a decision in the dead of Winter. 8:00 start for national TV. Let's get it started.
    Are you going to be at the game Friday?

CO14ers, you're coming right?

Go Tigers!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I was almost, sort of hoping cc would beat the sioux Sat. nite so the tiggies wouldn't come out in a hissy fit Friday against the Pios. Oh, who am I kidding? I was hoping both the sioux and the tiggies would lose
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        i was almost, sort of hoping cc would beat the sioux sat. Nite so the tiggies wouldn't come out in a hissy fit friday against the pios. Oh, who am i kidding? I was hoping both the sioux and the tiggies would lose
        cc 7, du 1!!
        World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
          cc 7, du 1!!
          Did CC find a new goalie? One that can keep his legs together?
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Should be a great game. CC's PP is kick *** right now (26%) Both DU and CC are in the top five for offense and low on defense. They both have a mediocre kill (80%). UC has a 1.9 GAA. Howe has a 2.99. In the last game our checking line did a great job of shutting down the Schwartz bros. First game on the big ice for the Pios. That could be the difference maker. CC spreads things out down there and moves the puck super quick. Our young D is going to be working hard.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Let's end the suspense and keep the Gold Pan at DU with a win Friday!
              GO DU !!!

Comment

DU has had some rough spots this season, but they go into CC coming off a decent effort against Miami. Jussi (sp?) let in a softie or two last Saturday, but has been playing very well in general. It will be a new experience for him to perform in the high pressure of a rivalry game on the road. I hope he can keep his competitive spirit in check (just a little) and keep a level head for the game. Zucker has been a little disappointing lately (a missed penalty shot will do that). I don't know what he does on the ice to warrant all the cheap shots from opposing players, but I'd like to see him put aside whatever chirping he may do, and focus on schooling the Tiggers with his sick moves and speed. Missing Ryder's physical presence will suck, but hopefully our D will perform OK without him. Let's go DU. Get the pan.

Comment

DU Game Notes for this nationally televised game on CBS Sports Network. This game is part of nationally televised college hockey doubleheader which features BU and BC in the first game.

Highlights of the notes:

No. 10 Denver (6-4-3, 4-2-3 WCHA) travels to No. 8 Colorado College (7-4-0, 5-4-0 WCHA) for game two of the Gold Pan Trophy rivalry on Friday, Dec. 2. Puck drop is set for 8:07 p.m. MT at World Arena (7,343). The game will be televised live on CBS Sports Network and broadcast live on 102.3 The TICKET. Audio and live blog can be found below or on www.DenverPioneers.com. Live stats are available on www.WCHA.com.

THIS WEEKEND'S STORY LINES
                  Denver and Colorado College meet for the 281st time in the all-time series that dates back to 1950.
                  Denver and Colorado College play game two of the 2011-12 Gold Pan Trophy series.
                  DU needs a win to retain the Gold Pan Trophy for the third consecutive year after beating Colorado College, 5-4, on Nov. 12.
                  The Pioneers are 8-18-3 all-time at World Arena.

FOR OPENERS
                  No. 10 Denver (6-4-3, 4-2-3 WCHA) travels to No. 8 Colorado College (7-4-0, 5-4-0 WCHA) on Friday, Dec. 2.
                  Denver is 3-2-2 against ranked opponents, including a 4-2 win over then-No. 1 Boston College on Oct. 14. DU is tied for fourth with Michigan Tech in the WCHA with 11 points each, while Colorado College is tied for sixth with St. Cloud State at 10 points each.
                  Juho Olkinuora is the WCHA Rookie of the Week for Nov. 29 after his two-game performance in the Denver Cup Classic. Olkinuora stopped 62 of 65 shots in two games, including 38 saves in his first career win and shutout against Princeton.
                  Junior co-captain Drew Shore (6-12=18) and sophomore Jason Zucker (6-11=17) lead DU in scoring. Shore and Zucker led the Pioneers in scoring last season with 46 and 45 points, respectively.
                  Freshman Joey LaLeggia leads NCAA rookie defensemen in points (11), goals (6) and assists (5).

INJURY REPORT
                  Goaltender Adam Murray and defenseman John Ryder are out for the second straight weekend with lower-body injuries. (Gwoz indicated this week that Sam Brittain will begin skating in mid-December)
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--L0yV_b_lX0/TsZG5BQWjbI/AAAAAAAALc4/pT1vuHwg2m8/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%25253D%25253D%25255B1% 25255D.jpg******
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Thread deserves Page 1.

cc deserves to suck!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Thread doesn't deserve page 1. It's old news.

DUmb blows!
                        fyp
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        Originally posted by duper
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X