Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Works"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Wo

Anybody catch what the guy just said on the video feed? "This might be the most (??????) post-game show ever."

Hope we won't need those extra six goals tomorrow!
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Re: Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Wo

That was the best I've seen NU play since 08-09. I gotta imagine ND hasn't played that poorly in a long time as well. I expect a close game tomorrow as ND will re-group and get it going and NU will continue to play well.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Hopefully the varsity team shows up tomorrow. Eesh.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Looks like Goliath won, HA! Maybe ND should think twice about moving to Hockey East? Perhaps NBC should cancel their contract with ND and give to NU instead?
          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Coming in to the Michigan game I thought these non-conference games basically meant nothing because NU had no shot of making the NCAA tourney. If we can win again tomorrow we should be in the mid 20's in the KRACH ratings. I don't think this team will play in March but if it keeps playing like this anything is possible.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              David, back away from the slingshot...
              OK....but I have another one I can bring tomorrow that you might like even better!. Seriously, I thought NU realistically had a shot but never expected anything like this. If you've ridden the roller coaster with this program over the years, enjoy the moment.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Wow that was nice to listen to tonight. Didn't realize there was a free video feed. Will it be for tomorrows game too, and is it just via the ND Athletics website?

Comment

*slow clap*

Good show, Huskies.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                    Wow that was nice to listen to tonight. Didn't realize there was a free video feed. Will it be for tomorrows game too, and is it just via the ND Athletics website?
                    Yes. ND shows all their home games (except t.v. games) for free. und.com
                    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

wow...!
                      Ain't gonna repeat tomorrow (the lopsided ness..), so just stay grounded team.

Regardless, knocking off Michigan & ND back-to-back on the road.. well played!
                      Just enjoy the rest of the weekend ..play disciplined, smart hockey.
                      Can't wait to see you guys back nxt weekend

ps:for the lucky NU fans there.. pls comment on the arena/ atmosphere.. would love to hear from Husky fans on the venue.
                      If i wasn't traveling, would've loved to have made this trip regardless of scores through the wknd.

Go Huskies!
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The atmosphere is going to have been awful because ND was never in the game.

Get ND in the game, and if the band is there with a half-decent number of students, then the atmosphere will be worth checking out.
                        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          Coming in to the Michigan game I thought these non-conference games basically meant nothing because NU had no shot of making the NCAA tourney. If we can win again tomorrow we should be in the mid 20's in the KRACH ratings. I don't think this team will play in March but if it keeps playing like this anything is possible.
                          Nice win tonight for you guys, very shocking to say the least. Stay clear of those formula rankings until after the new year when they have a chance to work themselves out and when the schedules around the country start to even themselves out a bit more. You certainly have an interesting team to say the least.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Again, 3 prior pages of banter, prior to the outcome rankings mean nothing...NU has one of the best goalies in the country and can play hockey with anyone. NU lost some top signed recruits to BC and the AHL when Cronin left to go coach the Maple Leafs, you add those kids back into the mix of this team and you could argue that this team would be a very ranked team in terms of the formulas. So what has happened was that NU had a patchwork of kids and some newbie’s who had never played together at the start of the season, and NU struggled, yet still had 2 OT looses to BC and a tie at Merrimack! Now, they are getting comfortable and their top line is as good as any team in the country. I will still say that last nights games was of course, not a measuring stick just a bad night of ND. However, welcome to hockey east, where on any given night you can get beat by a bunch of unknown, not ranked kids primarily for New England with a smattering of overlooked Canadians who want to beat a top team. I look for a close match up on Sunday. However, if they win on Sunday. Look for them to be ranked on Tuesday!

Comment

thank you Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                                Again, 3 prior pages of banter, prior to the outcome rankings mean nothing...NU has one of the best goalies in the country and can play hockey with anyone. NU lost some top signed recruits to BC and the AHL when Cronin left to go coach the Maple Leafs, you add those kids back into the mix of this team and you could argue that this team would be a very ranked team in terms of the formulas. So what has happened was that NU had a patchwork of kids and some newbie’s who had never played together at the start of the season, and NU struggled, yet still had 2 OT looses to BC and a tie at Merrimack! Now, they are getting comfortable and their top line is as good as any team in the country. I will still say that last nights games was of course, not a measuring stick just a bad night of ND. However, welcome to hockey east, where on any given night you can get beat by a bunch of unknown, not ranked kids primarily for New England with a smattering of overlooked Canadians who want to beat a top team. I look for a close match up on Sunday. However, if they win on Sunday. Look for them to be ranked on Tuesday!
                                Happily, you have changed your evaluation of our team.
                                Personally, I thought that a meaningful result from that early outburst was the fact that we kept up the pressure through the rest of the game and didn't sit back and try to kill the clock. If we had not shown up for the third period, we might have won 6-4 or 6-5, but it would have felt almost like a loss. The feelings of accomplishment would have been cold and fuzzless, and ND would have all of the momentum coming into TONIGHT'S game. I would be thrilled with a sweep. I couldn't care less where they're ranked. Of course if Merrimack and bu lose tonight, a top 10 ranking would seem appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X