Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The guy that put this team together...
    oooh yeah. Dark hair, medium tall?
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      oooh yeah. Dark hair, medium tall?
      breathed fire from his mouth and nostrils, yeah him...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Did you see this midget: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....8665/linkorama discussion of Jamie Russell.
        Awesome blurb! I'm happy to see that there is someone besides me (and you) that isn't blind.

By the way, with the way your sentence was worded and punctuated, I thought the link that I was going to be clicking on was of a midget.
        Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

breathed fire from his mouth and nostrils, yeah him...
          Seriously though - I hope he's able to enjoy what "his guys" are getting done this year and not make it about him vs. the admin.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            Seriously though - I hope he's able to enjoy what "his guys" are getting done this year and not make it about him vs. the admin.
            Alleged words of a nameless former coach: "$275,000 is a lot of money for no GLI wins"

Or something...

Comment

Russell for Commish!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

MICHIGAN TECH'S ROBINSON AND PIETILA NAMED RED BARON® WCHA MEN'S PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

Or was that last week?

Comment

THG was already on this, but Phoenix Copley has been traded to the Des Moines Buccaneers.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    THG was already on this, but Phoenix Copley has been traded to the Des Moines Buccaneers.
                    Yeah, kinda wierd. I was in the process of lining up an interview with the head coach of the Tri-City Storm. Got a call about 20 hours ago saying that Copley would be traded. Now I have to try and go through PR of the Buccaneers to do the interview. I did get quotes from Coach Hauge today but the rest of this just got more difficult.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looks like Pheonix had a tough January, and lost the starting job to Adam Wilcox's hot streak/experience, so they opted to trade him for a possible future goalie while he still had value.

Comment

From today's INCH column:

What We’re Watching: Is Michigan Tech the streakiest-scoring—and goal-allowing—team in college hockey? Based on recent results, the Huskies are in the midst of a trend that may warrant a closer look. After a little poking around, here’s what caught our eye:

Jan. 13 vs. Alaska Anchorage: The Seawolves score the game’s first goal. The Huskies then reel off five straight en route to a 6-2 win.

Jan. 14 vs. Alaska Anchorage: Tech scores three times in the game’s first 10 minutes. UAA scores the next four to take a 4-3 lead with 15:19 left in regulation, but the Huskies score the last three to win, 6-4.

Jan. 21 at Northern Michigan: The Wildcats score two goals in a 42-second span of the first period, but the Huskies score two power-play goals less than two minutes apart in the second. Alas, NMU scores three unanswered goals for a 5-2 victory.

Jan. 27 at Minnesota Duluth: Top-ranked UMD scores four goals in a 10-minute span of the first period. Tech counters by scoring four times over a 20-minute stretch of the second and third periods, salvaging a 4-4 tie.

Jan. 28 at Minnesota Duluth: The Huskies score four goals in the first period on their way to a 5-0 whitewash of the Bullodgs. That’s nine straight unanswered goals for MTU.

Feb. 3 at Minnesota State: The Mavs score three goals over a six-minute arc of the first period; the Huskies respond by tying the game with three straight of their own. Minnesota State earns a 5-3 win with two third-period goals.

Feb. 4 at Minnesota State: The hosts take a 1-0 lead less than two minutes into the game, but Tech takes command by scoring six first-period goals and cruise to a 7-3 win.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Alleged words of a nameless former coach: "$275,000 is a lot of money for no GLI wins"

Or something...
                          Someone bitter after being fired?! Good lord!
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Someone bitter after being fired?! Good lord!
                            Considering it cost about $1,000,000 for one GLI game win over the previous 8 years, Mel has about 4 years to match or exceed that.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Leaving aside the debate over whether eight years should be enough to install new "systems" of play, guys like Bryce Reddick and Josh Robinson who are seeing enormous improvements in their senior seasons after 3 years of stagnation is evidence enough to me that coaching changes were overdue. Perhaps changes in offensive & goalie assistant coaches would have been enough, but Jamie simply wasn't willing to do that. It was all or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Considering it cost about $1,000,000 for one GLI game win over the previous 8 years, Mel has about 4 years to match or exceed that.
                                Whew good. I'm not going to hold my breath.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X