Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

both Tanner Kero and Josh Robinson were finalists for WCHA player of the week.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Looks like Conner's stay in Grand Rapids might be over:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._recall_f.html
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post

It kind of sucks that the majority of the games the Red Wings play over the next month are on the road, including their next 3. I hope Conner can stay up for awhile so I have a chance to get to a game.
        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

awesome!
          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

SG's weekly Linkorama is up on THG.
            http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2011/...orama-week-10/
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              SG's weekly Linkorama is up on THG.
              http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2011/...orama-week-10/
              The Google translation of the german page is awful.... Maybe I'll get bored and translate it later to an actually readable format...
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The Google translation of the german page is awful.... Maybe I'll get bored and translate it later to an actually readable format...
                yes it is horrible!
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  yes it is horrible!
                  I'll post a readable translation later tonight, Woohoo to using the German minor

I love that they call them the twins... That is hilarious.

Comment

Bump off Page 2...It's Friday!

Comment

Go huskies!!

Comment

Go Huskeez!
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

It's a dog-eat-dog world and there is no way some fat overweight pudgy bulldog is going to take down the Huskies.
                          Go Tech!

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Tough game tonight, I'd guess we'd go back with Robinson tomorrow, who knows though

Mel's postgame thoughts:
                            Hesitant to shoot the puck on the PP,we'll make some adjustments
                            Have to take advantage of 5x3, worked on it in practice this week, held on to puck too much
                            Good first 10-12 mins of 2nd period, played our game, put some pressure on their defense
                            Good 2nd period overall, just need to take advantage of 5x3s
                            4th lines has been good defensively, need to chip in on offense
                            Need to rebound from this tough loss, important game tomorrow
                            Got off to a slow start, derr in headlights a little bit
                            encourage by a lot of thigns going on, just don't like to lose,

Comment

I missed most of the game and HF thanks so much for posting on the score thread, I get to review that from my mobile phone from time to time.

Listening to the coach and looking at the stuff posted I think we will play better tonight, the question is how to play hard the whole game and how to be better on the power play. UMD was not as good as I expected at least. Good but beatable. If the coach says we were a C+ well we can improve on that. I think one of the things that needs to happen better is that we make Houghton a tougher place to play and a more hostile atmosphere for the opponent.
                              I think it's important that our weak areas continue to improve. We are making progress, but have a lot that we can do to be better.
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 12-03-2011, 07:05 AM.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

my peeps at the game said the Huskies look very very good, when they weren't falling apart. sad to lose last night. then the stupid board crashed. woke up to snow.
                                why the heck am I down here in snow and cold when I could be in Houghton in the snow and cold and see hockey. grumpy this morning.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X