Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Good job tonight. Put last night, and that first goal against, behind 'em. Turned it up and got the job done.

2 points > than 0 -- but 4 would have been so much better.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

good win! on to Carnival and more Mavericks!!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        Good job tonight. Put last night, and that first goal against, behind 'em. Turned it up and got the job done.

2 points > than 0 -- but 4 would have been so much better.
        2 or 4, they still have to handle UNO.

Comment

Good way to bounceback after last night.

Mel's postgame thoughts:
          we're very capable of putting up big numbers
          still boils down to defense, still look at the 3 goals given up, for 2 periods did a good job bottling them up
          Did not like our 3rd, we looked tired, gave them opportunities
          Robinson had a good 3rd, didn't have to do much in 1st/2nd
          A lot of guys played well tonight
          good for McCadden, struggled some last night, great goal tonight
          Overall: have to look at big picture, to go on road last 2 weeks, 2-1-1, pretty darn good
          Been awhile since Mel's been around for winter carnival, guys will be excited, need to take care of business at home
          Mel wants to tell people to come out and watch our team, alulmni were around last night saying they like the style of play, they're fun to watch, pack the Mac next weekend
          Gordic - should be ready for next weekend

Comment

Just cannot say enough about the job that Coach Pearson, his staff - Billy Muckalt/Damon Whitten, and this amazing group of players has done.
            Now as we enter the true home stretch, who would imagine that a top 3 finish is in reach should Tech really get hot and takeout those closest to them. A hot streak now will allow them to put even more pressure on those above.
            Not getting too excited, but it looks very feasible to finish higher than Denver this year. Isn't that cool.
            Awesome job by the entire hockey team at Tech!

I cannot wait to see how the final 4 series pan out.
            What a team!!! I fill so good for all the maligning that has taken place over the years.
            How great it is to give these players credit for being **** good hockey players!
            Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Just cannot say enough about the job that Coach Pearson, his staff - Billy Muckalt/Damon Whitten, and this amazing group of players has done.
              Now as we enter the true home stretch, who would imagine that a top 3 finish is in reach should Tech really get hot and takeout those closest to them. A hot streak now will allow them to put even more pressure on those above.
              Not getting too excited, but it looks very feasible to finish higher than Denver this year. Isn't that cool.
              Awesome job by the entire hockey team at Tech!

I cannot wait to see how the final 4 series pan out.
              What a team!!! I fill so good for all the maligning that has taken place over the years.
              How great it is to give these players credit for being **** good hockey players!
              Go Huskies!
              A funny thing is technically we're still in the running for the MacNaughton, not that I'm drinking that much kool-aid, but usually we disqualify ourselves by Christmas.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                A funny thing is technically we're still in the running for the MacNaughton, not that I'm drinking that much kool-aid, but usually we disqualify ourselves by Christmas.
                Uh, MacNaughton? MacNaughton?! You kiddin' me?! MacNaughton?! I just hope we can get home ice!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Uh, MacNaughton? MacNaughton?! You kiddin' me?! MacNaughton?! I just hope we can get home ice!
                  I'm just pointing out a fact. Like I said I'm not drinking that much kool-aid, I don't expect it to happen and it would take a down right miracle of both Minnesota and Duluth rolling over and playing dead for starters.
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I'm just pointing out a fact. Like I said I'm not drinking that much kool-aid, I don't expect it to happen and it would take a down right miracle of both Minnesota and Duluth rolling over and playing dead for starters.
                    I know,but we have a tough schedule. Very tough and so getting home ice will be challenge, still nice to think about and I agree with 906, wonderful change from last year. Reddick seems to have come off the trash heap and really is blossoming into a good player. Although his man did score the 5th goal friday night.Very exciting time to be a fan. You can almost see the confidence growing.and Duluth lost to AA last night.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I know,but we have a tough schedule. Very tough and so getting home ice will be challenge, still nice to think about and I agree with 906, wonderful change from last year. Reddick seems to have come off the trash heap and really is blossoming into a good player. Although his man did score the 5th goal friday night.Very exciting time to be a fan. You can almost see the confidence growing.and Duluth lost to AA last night.
                      Bryce Reddick never fit well into a defensive first system we've had in year's past. Now that the players are allowed to open up on offense, his speed has become beneficial.

Comment

We ain't goin' anywhere, homey. So come get us. If you can.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bryce Reddick never fit well into a defensive first system we've had in year's past. Now that the players are allowed to open up on offense, his speed has become beneficial.
                          I remember rooting for his dad when he played for the Grand Rapids Griffins in 1996–97. Hope things continue to go Bryce's way.

Comment

Precisely. He's a smaller player and not much of a checker, but he's useful in an uptempo system and can score. Kind of like Jiri Hudler.

Comment

home ice. home ice. home ice.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Also added the Stephen Anderson series preview: Tech must take care of business in Mankato
                                Highlight of that article is Michigan Tech will be without Milos Gordic this weekend, he will be replaced in the lineup by Patrick McCadden, McCadden will likely skate with Dennis Rix and Chad Pietila on the 4th line and Reddick will bump up to fill Gordic's spot.
                                Well, McCadden certainly helped the effort on Saturday night. A goal is always a good thing for the good guys. I think a healthy Milos would have definitely helped on Friday. We need him to be physical on both ends of the ice.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                You aren't missing much.

Boo to the loss. Does this make you a non-TUC again? (honest question)
                                Yes. The split hurt for that. Pretty sure we could win the rest of our regular season games and still not be close enough for a sniff at the tourney. Gonna take one hell of a run to pull that off in the WCHA playoffs.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                After looking at the highlights, thanks flashy, all the msu goals but one were just too much time and space. We either didn't cover the man or were late to cover the man. On the second goal just bad luck, the guy was just flipping the puck towards the net and it happens to go in.?
                                Hopefully we are tighter defensively. also they have figured out our pp so I hope it changes tonight.

Like the coach said, you have to play better without the puck.
                                They certainly did that overall on Saturday. Although, I wasn't happy about the parade to the box at the end of the second, pretty sure Coach Pearson wasn't either.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                we are showing much more poise and guts to come back from deficits. but, darn it, put the shovel down - stop digging the hole!!!!!
                                I know. Hell they gave up another early one last night, but fortunately they got the mo working for them shortly after and never let up in the first period when they smelled blood. The good news is that they seemed to find how to play with the big lead in the third period the last two Saturday games. I know I want to see more of that.

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                                2 or 4, they still have to handle UNO.
                                Yep. Need that head-to-head tie-breaker over UNO. May come in handy down the stretch.

The big thing is that all 8 games left are against teams that are in reach or are in reach of them. Tech controls their own destiny here and must win series if they want to collect home ice. There is no help to be counted on anymore. It's win, or not be home for the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X