Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I hope you don't feel that way about any of the stuff I write for THG!
    Good job at THG. One comment on your recent article is- I was wondering why you said MSU should be an easy series for tech and then followed with they tied and lost (by a considerable margin) to MSU earlier this year when MSU was still banged up with injuries?

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
      Good job at THG. One comment on your recent article is- I was wondering why you said MSU should be an easy series for tech and then followed with they tied and lost (by a considerable margin) to MSU earlier this year when MSU was still banged up with injuries?
      because it should be an easy series if the Huskies play anywhere close to the level they did in Duluth. That series was a long time ago and the Huskies are the better team on paper. That weekend against MSU was probably their worst weekend of the season. "Easy" is a relative term as nothing in the WCHA is easy.
      Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So the team must be in the Twin Cities tonight, the Tech Hockey facebook page just posted a picture of Thursday practice and they're at Mariucci.

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide Week 19 Linkorama is now up! There are updates on 10 recruits and 6 alumni, not to mention a ton of stories related to the Huskies’ outstanding series with the #1-ranked Minnesota–Duluth Bulldogs.
          http://dlvr.it/18q6wd
          There are also quotes from WCHA players of the week Josh Robinson and Blake Pietila.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Some of you may find this funny:

Apparently, a co-worker's dad owns The Idle Hour bar in Hurley. This happens to be on my route for the divadork wedding. This could end up badly.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Some of you may find this funny:

Hurley happens to be on my route for the divadork wedding. This could end up badly.
              Fixed that for you.

Hurley has to be feeling the pinch from the low snow totals, it (and Spread Eagle ) are the major sledder stops for cheap drinks and questionable ladies.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I suspect that Spread Eagle is only a major stop because of the "gentlemen's club".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I suspect that Spread Eagle is only a major stop because of the "gentlemen's club".
                  Same with Hurley, except they have two blocks of "gentlemen's clubs" and Wisconsin liquor prices.
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I updated linkorama to include this great article (with some errand facts) by Adam Wodon at CHN: Michigan Tech Back on Course
                    I was a little disappointed that Michigan Tech did not receive CHN Team of the Week honors, but Colgate (and Maine) were just as deserving...

Comment

Also added the Stephen Anderson series preview: Tech must take care of business in Mankato
                      Highlight of that article is Michigan Tech will be without Milos Gordic this weekend, he will be replaced in the lineup by Patrick McCadden, McCadden will likely skate with Dennis Rix and Chad Pietila on the 4th line and Reddick will bump up to fill Gordic's spot.

Comment

Just so Tech fans don't think they are operating in a vacuum.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...nesota-duluth/

from the NY Times, Bet you never thought THAT would happen.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I have a lot of respect for Mankato and i'm looking for a split.
                          That article was great and a big change from the past. I can't remember a positive article in years.
                          I agree about the high possibility of a split or worse. Remember, "SWEEP AT HOME, SPLIT ON THE ROAD." Let's hope for a win on Friday, then hope for whatever we need to hope for on Saturday. Mankato will be motivated to sweep.

I hope that the players haven't been reading about how "automatic" this weekend is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Just so Tech fans don't think they are operating in a vacuum.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...nesota-duluth/

from the NY Times, Bet you never thought THAT would happen.
                            You're right, I never thought someone from the UMD Statesmen would get an article published in the New York Times, let alone twice!
                            Last edited by Biddco; 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Quest View Post
                              I agree about the high possibility of a split or worse. Remember, "SWEEP AT HOME, SPLIT ON THE ROAD." Let's hope for a win on Friday, then hope for whatever we need to hope for on Saturday. Mankato will be motivated to sweep.

I hope that the players haven't been reading about how "automatic" this weekend is going to be.
                              It doesn't matter what we write, all of us stating that MTU should sweep know full well that the team has to show up and play like they did in periods 2,3, and OT on Friday and periods 1 and 3 on Saturday in Duluth. You can't let off the gas or you get curbstomped like UMD did. EVERYONE knows this is trap series, Michigan Tech must come out ready to play, not flat like last Friday. It won't be easy but the Huskies should sweep this weekend. Let's hope they don't let us down. These are MTU's last games against teams currently ranked in the bottom 4 of the WCHA. After this, it gets much tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                curbstomped like UMD did.\
                                How DARE you use that term. That was being embarrassed not curbstomped! Besides, everyone knows that curbstomping means sweeping.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X