Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Awesome weekend.

However, I remain cautiously optimistic - anyone can get juiced up to play the #1 team. I can't help but feel that they'll underperform in Mankato next weekend, and we can't afford to be overlooking them.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I only had a little trouble with the wkmj feed. late in the game it stopped and I had to rebuffer, twice.Otherwise it worked fine, and last week I listened to it on my smart phone too. I refuse to pay umd money for that crap.
      Then there is the crap of having to listen to Bruce Ciskie whine on the UMD audio.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Awesome weekend.

However, I remain cautiously optimistic - anyone can get juiced up to play the #1 team. I can't help but feel that they'll underperform in Mankato next weekend, and we can't afford to be overlooking them.
        I was just thinking this. Tech is 3-2-2 against teams ranked top 3 (going back to when DU was supposed to be good), but also got swept at Bemidji. That's what this team has to overcome.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          *group hug*

we've been huskyfans for a time. we've sat through good games and truly terrible games. we've seen great games and exciting games and games more boring than watching ice melt. we've seen goalies stand on there heads and beat downs and injuries and fights and wins and lots and lots and lots of losses. the playoff win at CC was our most amazing game. but even that - great as it was - seemed a little, well, fluky. it could have gone either way.

tonight. this. win. the. best. ever.

and that was listening on the radio!!! it must have been so sweet to be there this weekend. absolutely historic.

we will have home ice.
          Best win ever???? Even better than the crushing of the gophers for the 1975 NCAA championship? Ha just playing awesome game for you and your program tonight - if i see any tech fans at the final five you all get a beer at alarys
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Tech's release is full of remarkable facts, with the best being that 6 players are tied for the team lead in goals.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

WCHA is really looking tight down the stretch. Tech sits 7th in the WCHA but is two points out of 3rd. Tech also has two games in hand over two teams above them (UMD / UND) and the two closest teams below them in the standings (SCSU / WI). They also can control their destiny with 6 of their remaining games against teams in front of them. With only 5 weekends left, Tech needs to take four points at Mankato next week. The bar has been set high now. Time to do what needs to be done by a "top half" team when you play a "bottom half" team.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I figured out what this season is.

Remember the 2007-08 season where we had just come off the Final Five, had pretty much everyone back, and we were all gushing about home ice and a possible at-large NCAA bid, only we went all schizophrenic after the first third of the season, finished ninth and lost in heartbreaking fashion to UND, and managed to miss everything?

(EVIL TWITCH: THAT SEASON NEVER HAPPENED. IT WAS NOT DURING YOUR SWAN SONG YEAR IN tSBFITW. YOU SAW NOTHING. ESPECIALLY NOT THAT 2-0 SHUTOUT TO NMU AT HOME THE NIGHT AFTER MATT SIDDALL PLAYED THE BONGOS WITH JORDAN FOOTE'S HEAD. HERE, HERE, SEE, LOOK AT THE PUPPY. LOOK AT THE WIDDLE PUBBY-WUBBY. ISN'T HE CUTE? IN THE BUCKET.)

This is that season minus those crushing expectations. Slaying Goliath does no good when you turn around and get punked by Urkel. That's gotta stop.

Mankato has a giant neon arrow pointing to it that says "TRAP SERIES." Cannot fall for it.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

(Brenthoven) Such a great weekend of hockey. Am sad that I missed watching the sweep of the Helmet Kids, but this series in Daloot was amazing. See you *ers at the F5!
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

our destiny is in our own hands - we play Omaha, whatstheir names and CC - all above us in the standings. first things first - win Friday night.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                      Then there is the crap of having to listen to Bruce Ciskie whine on the UMD audio.
                      But his tears are so yummy and sweet though.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        our destiny is in our own hands - we play Omaha, whatstheir names and CC - all above us in the standings. first things first - win Friday night.
                        My first instinct about next weekend was to dread the potential let down. But I've decided that won't happen. I'm not saying a sweep is a given. Sometimes it's all about a bouncing puck. But I fully expect the effort to be there. This is the last series before Tech enters the four series with their fellow home ice hopefuls. There are no sure wins in this league (just ask UMD), but confidence has to be huge right now. Not overconfidence, just the confidence that says that Tech can beat anyone anywhere. That may be a bit optimistic for a .500 team, but I don't see any one in the WCHA that they can't beat.

As for home ice, one would imagine either the badgers or st cloud will be out of the running after next weekend as someone has to lose. BSU is almost out of the running after losing to MSUM last weekend. UNO has a very tough schedule going forward and UND has one less series to play. .500 hockey might get it done from here out. 6 wins in 10 games would surely be sufficient.

Comment

Tech has to pick up at least 6 out of 8 available points in the next two weekends to stay in the hunt. Of course, 8 out of 8 would be preferable, but I'm trying not to get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Awesome weekend. However, I remain cautiously optimistic - anyone can get juiced up to play the #1 team. I can't help but feel that they'll underperform in Mankato next weekend, and we can't afford to be overlooking them.
                            True you can get juiced up to play #1 but you still actually have to beat them. Hopefully tMEL will beat it into them how they must forget about UMD and step up to play Mankato

Comment

Updated home ice odds

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahoc...standings.html

Comment

what do Michigan Tech and U of M have in common? They were both held out of the NCAA Tournament for over a decade straight before hiring MEL.

I ain't sayin, I'm just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                                X