Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Coach gives a nice shout out to the Misfits and the fans cheering on the Huskies. says it means alot to the players to have them there.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Awesome comeback! I thought this game was never going to be close. I was having flashbacks to a few years ago when we lost 8-1 in Duluth.

For those that missed it, here's a summary of Mel's postgame thoughts:
      Unbelievable, loss for words for how proud Mel is
      THey've got a very very good team, look at attempted shot chart in 3rd, we carried the play
      Killed 5 min penalty, and scored, good jor J. Johnstone, he had been struggling some
      A game like this defines teams
      Guys had to play extra with Rix out and MacLeoud injured
      Good for Josh, tough 1st period, couldnt' do much on any goals, wanted him to battle through it, big saves
      They really worked hard, deserved to win this game
      Changed some things system wise in 2nd period, it helped our team
      We'll start a lot better tomorrow
      Defense got better in 2nd and 3rd, not going to win many when you give up 4, have to do a better job
      Can't completely shut down Connoly, he had chances, we made it tough for him, he had a long point streak coming in
      Excellent job, not sure if Rix is just a misconduct, feels Kero got hit worse than that, can't say anything about reffing
      It feels like a win doing this against a very good team, have to get back and do it again tomorrow
      Shoutout to the misfits, seemed like 80 or 90, great support from the fans that came over here, means a lot to our players

Comment

Any word yet on Alex MacLeod?

Comment

Does anyone know what Pasty.net's problem is? Could never get the game last night. I purchased UMD's B2TV feed and never saw any of the game just kept loading. Had to listen to the whining UMD radio guys. If anyone wants a good laugh tonight listen to them; wow! What a pair! Get spoiled with Dirk, Brent and Randy (if and when he is on)

Thanks for THG Live - That helped me stay on top of the game while I tried to figure out how to at least listen to it.

Hope we can build on the momentum from last night and really give their radio guys something to whine about.

Comment

Listening to Ciskie do a game is absolute comedy gold if you are an impartial observer. You can totally make drinking games and/or make bets about his whining and complaining.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              Does anyone know what Pasty.net's problem is? Could never get the game last night. I purchased UMD's B2TV feed and never saw any of the game just kept loading. Had to listen to the whining UMD radio guys. If anyone wants a good laugh tonight listen to them; wow! What a pair! Get spoiled with Dirk, Brent and Randy (if and when he is on)

Thanks for THG Live - That helped me stay on top of the game while I tried to figure out how to at least listen to it.

Hope we can build on the momentum from last night and really give their radio guys something to whine about.
              I'm not sure, but I think there's a max number of connections allowed. You'd think they'd up that with the interest people are showing in listenign to games on the road. Why turn people away that are tryign to listen.

For B2, make sure you install the one vision plugin. I had that problem the first time I tried to use B2 this year, and once I installed that it worked, there's a link to it on the the site.

Comment

I only had a little trouble with the wkmj feed. late in the game it stopped and I had to rebuffer, twice.Otherwise it worked fine, and last week I listened to it on my smart phone too. I refuse to pay umd money for that crap.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Robo! Robo! Robo!

Comment

Great Game, Way ta go Huskies

Comment

Mel makes a good point, thinking about the series as a whole: Tech shut out the top-scoring team in the country for 5 consecutive periods plus an overtime. Not too shabby, for all the concerns we've had about defense.

Dirk names 3 freshmen forwards as 3 stars. I like it. (Not to be confused with the "Superior Player" award of course)
                      Last edited by geezer; 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Thank you.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Robo for Hobey!!
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Mel makes a good point, thinking about the series as a whole: Tech shut out the top-scoring team in the country for 5 consecutive periods plus an overtime. Not too shabby, for all the concerns we've had about defense.
                            Defense is playing much better, and there's also something to be said for having an offense that can carry the play and give the D a break. Great weekend for the Huskies!

Comment

How unexpected was that! Awesome job this weekend!

Mel's postgame thoughts:
                              Couldn't be more proud of our players, they earned this, they were ready from start
                              To shoutout UMD for basically 5 periods and OT, a ton of credit to those kids, they've been working hard
                              Told them to enjoy it today and tomorrow, and MOnday we'll get back to work
                              The 1st period: we made good plays, we have players, just have to get some confidence
                              We earned our goals and had a lot of good scoring opportunities
                              Good for Josh, a few big save, not many crtical saves, but nice bouneback to shut them out
                              Blake Pietila still learning, huge updside, all of our freshmean handled this weekend well
                              Told our team to play hard, smart, with energy and stay on the ice, good road win
                              J. Johnstone, maybe his best weekend of the year
                              Kero played much better this weekend than last Sat
                              Went to alum function before the game, told the fans he's proud he graduated from MTU, happy to be in Houghton and told them our team would be ready for tonight
                              Thanked them and everyone that showed support this weekend

Comment

*group hug*

we've been huskyfans for a time. we've sat through good games and truly terrible games. we've seen great games and exciting games and games more boring than watching ice melt. we've seen goalies stand on there heads and beat downs and injuries and fights and wins and lots and lots and lots of losses. the playoff win at CC was our most amazing game. but even that - great as it was - seemed a little, well, fluky. it could have gone either way.

tonight. this. win. the. best. ever.

and that was listening on the radio!!! it must have been so sweet to be there this weekend. absolutely historic.

we will have home ice.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X