Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

I think this weekend series with Duluth is the most important for us so far this season. As i see it, Tech has played better on Friday's. The only games that we really didn't play well in were the Saturday games with Minn. St., Minnesota, and both games against Northern. I think if we can get the win on Friday, anything can happen on Saturday. Last Saturday was a disappointment but it is all said and done and must be put behind us. No league points were involved.
    Duluth is winning but seem to be in a little bit of a lull. My thought is maybe we can steal one on Friday. We need senior leadership from here on out. I can say I'm pleased with the season to this point and Tech is the surprise team in the league. It is a long journey to get back to respectability but the program is headed in the right direction. How many of us thought we would be fighting for a home playoff spot in the second half of the season? A split would be nice, a sweep would be awesome. Hoping Tech plays some good hockey this weekend and Amsoil Arena is good to us.
    Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Today is the third installment of Future Huskies where we have an in depth question and answer session with one of the committed recruits to get to know more about their decision to play for Michigan Tech and what they will bring to the Huskies. Today we have quotes from the MTU staff and spoke with BCHL Blogger, Ron Gallo. Jujhar Khaira is featured in today's installment. He is one of the leading scorers in the BCHL and will join the Huskies next season.
      Future Huskies: Jujhar Khaira http://dlvr.it/170DJp #mtuhky
      Another great profile. Thanks for making the quotes yellow!
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Do we know what days the GLI is next year? Are other people assuming these rumors of an OHL outdoor doubleheader at Comerica would be on a different day and wouldn't affect the possibilty of the GLI being outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Thanks, we try. I know I always wanted to know more about the guys coming in and why they chose Tech. Its like pulling teeth to get them to divulge who else they were talking to sometimes. Jujhar just avoided that part completely, although I think Michigan Tech was on him early thanks to former Spruce Kings coach Ed Dempsey (Husky Alum) and committing so young.
          Why do you think that is the case? Certainly football and basketball players have no issues explaining the details of who was involved and why they made the decision.
          "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            I think this weekend series with Duluth is the most important for us so far this season. As i see it, Tech has played better on Friday's. The only games that we really didn't play well in were the Saturday games with Minn. St., Minnesota, and both games against Northern. I think if we can get the win on Friday, anything can happen on Saturday. Last Saturday was a disappointment but it is all said and done and must be put behind us. No league points were involved.
            Duluth is winning but seem to be in a little bit of a lull. My thought is maybe we can steal one on Friday. We need senior leadership from here on out. I can say I'm pleased with the season to this point and Tech is the surprise team in the league. It is a long journey to get back to respectability but the program is headed in the right direction. How many of us thought we would be fighting for a home playoff spot in the second half of the season? A split would be nice, a sweep would be awesome. Hoping Tech plays some good hockey this weekend and Amsoil Arena is good to us.
            Any points this weekend would be huge, but actually, I see this series as the least important of the remaining games on the schedule. The important series are UNO, SCSU and UND. A win in those series is more important than this weekend or next because it also keeps a win away from the schools they are battling with for 6th. Put another way, even a sweep this weekend means nothing if they can't win 4 out of 6 in those other three series. Get swept this weekend, and it still comes down to those other three series. I think home ice means 2 wins out of 6 against UMD, MSU, CC and 4 wins out of 6 against SCSU, UND, UNO.

Comment

Kinrade transfer to SC Bern confirmed

Comment

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve.../group/Sports/
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                  Do we know what days the GLI is next year? Are other people assuming these rumors of an OHL outdoor doubleheader at Comerica would be on a different day and wouldn't affect the possibilty of the GLI being outside?
                  There would be the sheet at the Big House as well. Would rather the GLI be at Comerica than the Big House, but they would have that option as well.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                    Any points this weekend would be huge, but actually, I see this series as the least important of the remaining games on the schedule. The important series are UNO, SCSU and UND. A win in those series is more important than this weekend or next because it also keeps a win away from the schools they are battling with for 6th. Put another way, even a sweep this weekend means nothing if they can't win 4 out of 6 in those other three series. Get swept this weekend, and it still comes down to those other three series. I think home ice means 2 wins out of 6 against UMD, MSU, CC and 4 wins out of 6 against SCSU, UND, UNO.
                    I would personally perfer it if Tech didn't drop another game the rest of the season.

Just win and the rest will take care of itself right?
                    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

A couple recent tweets by Tech Hockey Guide for those that don't follow.

Michigan Tech has committed $2 million for a new ice plant in the offseason. New dashers and boards possible. #mtuhky
                      Just Added: Comprehensive List of Huskies drafted to the NHL http://www.techhockeyguide.com/history/nhl-draftees/ #mtuhky
                      And I saw a tweet about Reid Sturos, is he still a Tech recruit even though Heisenberg doesn't list him as one?

Comment

That went from bad to worse rather quickly

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          That went from bad to worse rather quickly
                          I'm sitting at a laundromat eating off-brand Cheetos and listening to a screaming kid, and Tech hockey is still having a worse night than I am.
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Simply Amazing!

Comment

That was one more point than I thought they were gonna get after they went down 4-0.
                              Nice come come back by the Huskies, BUT they gotta stop digging that hole at the begining of games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                                That was one more point than I thought they were gonna get after they went down 4-0.
                                Nice come come back by the Huskies, BUT they gotta stop digging that hole at the begining of games.
                                Maybe, but this is a process and I think it says a lot that they didn't pack it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X