Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

I'm never going to get over his name being spelled wrong.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I'm never going to get over his name being spelled wrong.
      How do you know it's wrong? Maybe it's pronounced FEE-oh-nix. Pheo for short.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
        I'm really glad to see that they're doing some outreach to the students and community like this and the Calumet scrimmage. Mel's doing a terrific job IMHO...
        The whiteout is great, but I was hoping for what I can only assume was the very close second option. The bike-out. Ride your sister's bike to the game (bring two locks) and a student section full of helmeted misfits!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Today is the second installment of Future Huskies where we have an in depth question and answer session with one of the committed recruits to get to know more about their decision to play for Michigan Tech and what they will bring to the Huskies. We'll try to get input from the MTU staff when allowed and talk to Junior or Midget coaches if we have to. Joe Schuldt is the featured in today's installment after I caught up with him during a recent Minnesota High School Hockey game in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
          Future Huskies: Joe Schuldt http://dlvr.it/15gWwl #mtuhky
          Great job Tim. You guys are doing a fabulous job on THG!
          "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
            1993 was the year. They finished 4th in the standings, swept St. Cloud State (3–1, 6–5) then lost to Northern Michigan (3–4) at the Final Five.

With 11 wins, this is already the Techsters' sixth most successful season since the 1992–93 season.

(Thank you, 2010–11 Hockey Yearbook. When is the athletic department going to get around to posting this year's on the website??)
            I was at Tech at that time. Sad thing is we would talk about how nice it would be for the Huskies to get back to being good at hockey. Sometimes you do not even realize you are living in good times.
            "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Red Wings to host the winter classic at michigan Stadium, can the GLI be far behind.
              and to those naysaying uscho guys... ******

http://www.freep.com/article/2012011...-Michigan-Stad

also looking at home ice, someone in the top six has to drop out for us to be in as I think UND will be good enough to move up. The question is who. My pick is CC.UNO has an easy schedule and DU is picking it up lately.CC has a tough schedule and has not been quite as solid as earlier.
              Last edited by manurespreader; 01-18-2012, 01:19 PM.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by 626575NC View Post
                Great job Tim. You guys are doing a fabulous job on THG!
                Thanks, if everything works out the next two segments should be Jujhar Khaira and Alex Petan. I should be interviewing Jujhar later tonight and hope to talk with Alex on Sunday.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

wxyt reporting that GLI is going to be at Comerica as is the Red Wings alumni game.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Thanks, if everything works out the next two segments should be Jujhar Khaira and Alex Petan. I should be interviewing Jujhar later tonight and hope to talk with Alex on Sunday.
                    Jujhar will be nice. I would assume he had several options, with Tech being the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      wxyt reporting that GLI is going to be at Comerica as is the Red Wings alumni game.
                      ****ty. I guess I probably won't go to the GLI next year then. I'm not supporting anything to do with outdoor hockey and the Winter Classic until there is one at Target Field.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by 626575NC View Post
                        Jujhar will be nice. I would assume he had several options, with Tech being the winner.
                        It will be interesting to learn why he committed to Tech when he did. If he is drafted this summer, it will be the first time the Huskies have two drafted players on their roster since 2001–02 (Paul Cabana, 149th overall, 1998, VAN; Bryan Perez, 260th overall, 2001, NYI).

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          And the Detroit News asked Suzanne about it! Flashy still not getting his props though; "the idea is out there."
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Couple transactions involving former Techsters:

Greg Amadio traded from Grand Rapids (AHL) to Springfield for Mike Thomas
                            Geoff Kinrade signed by SC Bern (DEL); previously played for HC Plzen (ELH). (Not sure how that transfer works because I don't speak German.)

The Amadio trade makes the Griffins a worse team, but their hand was forced by the AHL's lame five-veteran limit.

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide Linkorama: Week 17 is up with four recruit updates, seven alumni updates and special recognition for the 1961-1962 National Championship squad. http://t.co/tFcnhyzX
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Couple transactions involving former Techsters:

Greg Amadio traded from Grand Rapids (AHL) to Springfield for Mike Thomas
                                Geoff Kinrade signed by SC Bern (DEL); previously played for HC Plzen (ELH). (Not sure how that transfer works because I don't speak German.)

The Amadio trade makes the Griffins a worse team, but their hand was forced by the AHL's lame five-veteran limit.
                                Article doesn't talk about the details of the trade at all. It just says the there defense is the problem, And the coach is trying to fix it by bringing a defensive forward and rips on a few defensemen by name. The next paragraph says he is a strong defensive forward but wasn't good enough for the NHL, and spent most of his time in the AHL
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X