Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    are we still thinking 25 points gets us home ice?
    I'm guessing it'll be more like 27 or 28 for the last spot.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Ugly, other than that the win is all that matters.

Bring on those HOSER CATS.

Comment

Mel's postgame thoughts:

Most important to win the game, big win, sometimes you get ahead too soon
        we had a rough second, but we also had a few great scoring chances
        we were resiliant, we got behind 4x3 and we could've caved
        Good for our kids, proud of them, i told them to go out play the last 20 and see what happens
        Brett struggled a bit with the puck, but his play was big time, patience, fought off guys
        Baker's a senior, this is his time, needs to be his best hockey
        Good for Reddick, he's been playing well, working hard, good for Reddick
        Rix is playing well, Mel will play him against anybody, he works hard
        PP 0-7, has to outwork their PK
        Looking forward to northern, we didn't have our best game last time vs Northern, it'll be a whiteout

Comment

FOUR points!!!

are we still thinking 25 points gets us home ice?
          If you look back at the last 6 years, the common denominator is you have to be better (maybe equal to) .500 hockey. The only way that changes is if AA and MSU put some points up at the end and if UMD and UM run away with the top of the league. That skews the distribution enough to make the median less than the mean ( sub .500)

Comment

I think they have to win 6 of their remaining 12 conference games to have a good shot - that would be 29 points. It'll be a tall order, but with hard work, puck luck, and consistent goaltending from Robo, it's doable.

Comment

The dream stays alive with the sweep. Huge game for Reddick, he came inches from the hat trick a couple of times. Great strategy/coaching from Pearson, you could see him call Furne off for one shift to be replaced by Baker, who responded within seconds with his second goal, & was back with the second line on his next shift. Mel talked later about Baker getting a "stern" challenge from the coaches this morning & him responding.
              I want to see two more home sweeps this (regular) season.
              Sloppy mess of a game at times but the points are huge.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                Yah, yah, yah........Detroit is still and will forever be HockeyTOWN, self-proclaimed or not. "Just the facts, ma'am."

Rosenberg is a tool. Always has been.

It's a must win for three reasons.
                1) We need points right now. Denver, CC and UND all won last night. If tUMD beats UNO tonight, we have a shot at 6th tonight, regardless of the other results.
                2) We need the momentum to keep going since we did a December stall.
                3) The schedule is tough, MSUM and SCSU are the only bottom half teams left on the schedule after tonight.
                A) You can have your Town. We'll take the State.
                B) You're a frickin' Maple Leafs fan anyway.
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                  B) You're a frickin' Maple Leafs fan anyway.
                  I was going to ignore that, but she has a point.

Comment

I didn't see the game but I did get to hear the third goal via tune in radio, thank you wkmj, but the key to winning home ice it seems to me is playing more consistently. I think we have enough talent that we can beat people but we have to play well for the whole game or we will be visiting North Dakota.
                    I like how the forth line plays and if we can solve some of our other issues and play consistently well disregarding the score we will be ok, but we are going to have to have points consistently.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Great sweep for the Huskies this weekend. I was listening to the game last night while watching future Husky, Joe Schuldt, and Minnetonka beat Academy of Holy Angels. I interviewed him after the game for this weeks edition of "Future Huskies." It should be up Tuesday, around noon.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

check out the Bemidji thread ... Moose nails Gwoz. its great!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

(I know I know ... I'm working on the getting over it thing)
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Actually, I agree it's pretty good. Allow me to sum up Gwoz...

"I would love to tell you this, but for professional reasons I can't - it is what it is. Suck it."

Comment

(I know I know ... I'm working on the getting over it thing)
                              Why? I see no reason whatsoever to "get over it".
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Why? I see no reason whatsoever to "get over it".
                                It was so good I posted it in the new wcha thread what I like us that really the teams are quite good but we have to market better
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X