Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Terrible attendance it looks like tonight. 2229? How was the weather?
    I thought that was a typo; for some reason it looked fuller than average to me... there was better student attendance than normal, I'm sure. Maybe from the "born after 1975" side it looked empty.
    Probably the locals will be out in force tonight for youth hockey night/skate with the huskies.

Watching offensive production is great mood therapy. I love our freshmen. The power play was a lot better than the success rate indicated, and it was great to see the penalty kill units pressuring the points as much as they did for turnovers. I wonder if they'll keep it up against the better teams.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      The idea of the GLI being played outdoors has found some support.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012011...tadium-detroit
      Hey Rosenberg!

H-O-S-E-R, we know what you really are!
      You Hoser! You Hoser! Take off, 'eh!

Everyone knows Minnesota is The State of Hockey, and "Hockeystate" just sounds dumb.

Have the Hockey Day/Week in Michigan theme that week instead of in late January/early February, dingbat.

Comment

Nice win last night for the guys. It was HUGELY important that they got that 1st period goal back right away, otherwise that could have been a completely different game. Chad Pietila's goal was the big momentum driver though. Nice to see him get a goal FOR the Huskies instead of against.

BIG game tonight though. All this momentum from last night will be gone, along with an easier road to the shot at home ice, if the Huskies don't come out firing on all cylinders.
        I hate to say this, but if Tech wants to host a playoff series this year, this is a MUST WIN game.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
          Everyone knows Minnesota is The State of Hockey
          Ladies and gentlemen... My husband!
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Hey Rosenberg!

H-O-S-E-R, we know what you really are!
            You Hoser! You Hoser! Take off, 'eh!

Everyone knows Minnesota is The State of Hockey, and "Hockeystate" just sounds dumb.

Have the Hockey Day/Week in Michigan theme that week instead of in late January/early February, dingbat.
            I already called out that blasphemy in another thread. Stupid reporters
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I see she's got you 'whipped now.

Agree with the second part of that statement though.

And yes, tonight is a must win. In fact, our next two games are must wins. I expect them to play well in Duluth, but getting any points out there seems unlikely at best.

Comment

I think some locals are still miffed about the price increases. Saw a note, "Can't afford Tech hockey anymore" in a comment on the Michigan Tech Huskies Facebook account this morning. He got the standard, "What would you be able to afford? We're listening." response from whoever runs the account.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I think some locals are still miffed about the price increases. Saw a note, "Can't afford Tech hockey anymore" in a comment on the Michigan Tech Huskies Facebook account this morning. He got the standard, "What would you be able to afford? We're listening." response from whoever runs the account.
                  That's just great:
                  Fan: Can't afford Tech hockey anymore (1 Like)
                  Michigan Tech Huskies: Bruce, we are sorry to hear that! A GA ticket to last night's game was $12, and season reserved seats work out to $13 per game. Our study this summer showed that we still have the best ticket prices in the entire WCHA when comparing apples to apples on tickets. Where would we need to be at to make it affordable for you? We appreciate the dialogue and want to hear from our fans on this issue!
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I see she's got you 'whipped now.

Agree with the second part of that statement though.

And yes, tonight is a must win. In fact, our next two games are must wins. I expect them to play well in Duluth, but getting any points out there seems unlikely at best.
                    Yah, yah, yah........Detroit is still and will forever be HockeyTOWN, self-proclaimed or not. "Just the facts, ma'am."

Rosenberg is a tool. Always has been.

It's a must win for three reasons.
                    1) We need points right now. Denver, CC and UND all won last night. If tUMD beats UNO tonight, we have a shot at 6th tonight, regardless of the other results.
                    2) We need the momentum to keep going since we did a December stall.
                    3) The schedule is tough, MSUM and SCSU are the only bottom half teams left on the schedule after tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      That's just great:
                      Fan: Can't afford Tech hockey anymore (1 Like)
                      Michigan Tech Huskies: Bruce, we are sorry to hear that! A GA ticket to last night's game was $12, and season reserved seats work out to $13 per game. Our study this summer showed that we still have the best ticket prices in the entire WCHA when comparing apples to apples on tickets. Where would we need to be at to make it affordable for you? We appreciate the dialogue and want to hear from our fans on this issue!
                      Just throwing my 2 cents in here on attendance and affordability and maybe some reasons why:
                      1. The down economy. (Not much money left over once the bills are paid).
                      2. The majority of folks in the Copper Country make $10.00 or less an hour (unless you work at Tech, Finlandia, or the hospitals).
                      3. Tech has been down for so many years.
                      4. I realize the ticket prices are the lowest in the league and all but to take the family (for the local folks) it is quite expensive. (Maybe more family promotions till things get better).
                      5. If it is free to students (The Tech Experience) or whatever they call it, more students should take advantage of it and go to the games. They even provide free bus rides to the Mac so the hill is no excuse not to go.
                      Just thinking out loud here. This is what I think.
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

For those wanting data...Division 1 Hockey Tickets
                        Average: $13.79
                        Max: $35.00
                        Median: $12.00

Data based on cheapest available option at all schools. So the max is greater, but the maximum cheapest ticket was $35.

In the new WCHA;
                        Average: $15.03
                        Max: $25.00 Bemidji State
                        Median: $13.00
                        Min: $10.00 LSSU
                        Last edited by Flashy Man; 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

As a frame of reference, it costs me 75 dollars at 3.50 per gallon to fill up my truck.
                          It costs what 5 dollars per beer at the kbc? so a ticket is 2.5 beers.
                          it costs, 7 to go to the movies in Houghton, in Detroit it's 10. I sympathize but if someone has a hardship, and can prove it, then maybe we give them a discount, or maybe we have a program where a certain number of tickets are blocked out for those that register, or are given away thru some community organization.
                          I don't see this as a legit complaint, it's more of an excuse to me and if you take that excuse away there will simply be some other excuse. I'm against lowering the fees.
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 01-14-2012, 05:22 PM.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            As a frame of reference, it costs me 75 dollars at 3.50 per gallon to fill up my truck.
                            It costs what 5 dollars per beer at the kbc? so a ticket is 2.5 beers.
                            it costs, 7 to go to the movies in Houghton, in Detroit it's 10. I sympathize but if someone has a hardship, and can prove it, then maybe we give them a discount, or maybe we have a program where a certain number of tickets are blocked out for those that register, or are given away thru some community organization.
                            I don't see this as a legit complaint, it's more of an excuse to me and if you take that excuse away there will simply be some other excuse. I'm against lowering the fees.
                            EXACTLY...

If you gave away the tickets, they wouldn't go because they didn't get reimbursed for mileage to and from the game.

Comment

http://146.142.4.24/cgi-bin/cpicalc....011&year2=1975

Tickets would be about $2.85 in 1975 dollars.

Maybe they could tie $2.85 tickets in with a cheesy "Throwback to the Glory Years" night.

Also, KBC pints are $2.50. So a ticket is more like five mediocre beers.

Comment

FOUR points!!!

are we still thinking 25 points gets us home ice?
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X