Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

I knew that the BCHL and AJHL did some trading between each other, but I didn't know they dealt with Jr. A leagues on the other side of the continent.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Wow that sucks...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Wow that sucks...
        Hopefully he gets a ton of playing time for the Jr Canadiens and finds a spot on another BCHL team next season.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Hopefully he gets a ton of playing time for the Jr Canadiens and finds a spot on another BCHL team next season.
          Jamie seems to think he's coming to Houghton next season.

Comment

Is the misspelled Arizona city supposed to be coming in next year too? If yes, then I'm guessing that the kid from Hibbing isn't going to be 3rd string next year.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              Jamie seems to think he's coming to Houghton next season.
              I don't think that's right, I'll check on it later.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Is the misspelled Arizona city supposed to be coming in next year too? If yes, then I'm guessing that the kid from Hibbing isn't going to be 3rd string next year.
              Copley is coming in for 2012, with a signed letter of intent. As far as I know, Phillips is a 2013 recruit...Heisenberg has him as a 2012 right now too but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Yes, Copley will be here. Kind of a tough spot for Nate Tromp if both goalie recruits come in at the same time. He'll only have four years left on his clock, so I don't know why they wouldn't put him on the roster as the fourth goalie. He'd move up to third string after Genoe leaves, but it seems unlikely that Pearson would wait to bring in "the next" goalie until Copley, Phillips and Tromp are done. Perhaps Tromp gets a couple years on the roster and that's it.

Comment

I don't care if the students are hauled up the hill by dogsled. get butts in seats.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Best idea they had for football was to close the cafeterias for breakfast/lunch that morning and force everyone up the hill if they wanted to eat.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

That works for Saturday morning football, but probably not so much for Friday/Saturday night hockey.

Comment

80 KHAIRA, JUJHAR PRINCE GEORGE BCHL 6' 2.5" 182 LW

rated 80th among NA skaters. Petan's teamate Kerfoot rated 81st; would be a nice recruit to land as well.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76670

Ben Johnson rated 49th.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                          Petan's teamate Kerfoot rated 81st; would be a nice recruit to land as well.
                          ...and not just because his dad's a billionaire. But apparently he's narrowed it down to Boston College, Harvard and Yale.

Comment

Kerfoot was known to be leaning "east" months ago, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              I started listening to The Mel Pearson Show 15 mins late this morning. Also, on Tech Athletics facebook page they posted that due to technical difficulties this morning's show will not be archived and I assume wont be replayed this afternoon.
                              Send questions to dj@themix93.com
                              Since there is no audio recording available, do you mind if I include this summary in this week's linkorama on Tech Hockey Guide?

Comment

Since there is no audio recording available, do you mind if I include this summary in this week's linkorama on Tech Hockey Guide?
                                I have no problem with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X