Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

1918 - The formal ice hockey program is suspended due to World War I. The team resumed play in 1919, but went back to playing at outdoor rinks and at the Pavilion Rink across from MIT, as the Boston Arena burned down in the fall of 1918. The Arena would be rebuilt and re-open in the fall of 1921.
    http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice...ineoftradition
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

I would like to take a moment to remember the late Notre Dame hockey coach, Charles "Lefty" Smith, who died on Tuesday. Shirtless Guy posted memories of Lefty last March that are identical to mine: "Notre Dame was in the WCHA all four years I was at Tech. They were decent but not great and it was a friendly rivalry. I got a kick out of our little school beating them on a regular basis. I remember coach Lefty Smith used to give a sharp whistle for the line changes which was followed by a chorus of whistling from the fans."

There's an excellent article in the South Bend Tribune about Coach Smith that's worth reading. He was one of those coaches, along with Coach Macinnes, who made the WCHA so great in the 70s.
      Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 01-06-2012, 09:37 PM.
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

I think that if a nacho team comes to Houghton for the playoffs in the next two years we host it at the DEE for old times sake.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I think that if a nacho team comes to Houghton for the playoffs in the next two years we host it at the DEE for old times sake.
          I'll start saving my dead batteries.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            let it be Denver, please please please!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

*sigh*

Never thought I'd be using this on our own fanbase:

*****http://www.y2hperfumereviews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/obsession-men.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                *sigh*

Never thought I'd be using this on our own fanbase:

*****http://www.y2hperfumereviews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/obsession-men.jpg******
                I know, I know. maybe if we win a few games I'll be less cranky.
                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

and of course, I'm loving that Huntsville win last night.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    and of course, I'm loving that Huntsville win last night.
                    Who isn't?
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      Who isn't?
                      Bemidji.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide posted the Week 15 Linkorama: http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2012/...orama-week-15/
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

who hates Huntsville?
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Anyone able to provide an intrasquad game report?

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide was there, so there will be a report on Tech Hockey Guide.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                who hates Huntsville?
                                Well they're not making a fan of me by beating Denver and dropping our strength of schedule...

Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X