Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Place your bets on the scrimmage; I predict it will be competitively contested and may or may not involve a few hacks and whacks. Should be fun.
    The Black Team might appear to be more razzle dazzle fancy stuff with a couple Johnstones, a couple Pietilas, a Kero, and a bunch of small, fast defensemen. I expect the Gold team to "want it" a little more and do whatever it takes to get the win and the glory.

edit:I didn't realize before that all the seniors are on the Gold Team, but that's basically what I was getting at.

get there by lunchtime for a seat. The Colosseum will be testing the fire safety codes.
    Last edited by geezer; 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Assistant coach Damon Whitten will coach the Gold team while volunteer coach Steve Shields will coach the Black.
      I'm guessing that means Muckalt is on a recruiting trip.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        Place your bets on the scrimmage; I predict it will be competitively contested and may or may not involve a few hacks and whacks. Should be fun.
        The Black Team might appear to be more razzle dazzle fancy stuff with a couple Johnstones, a couple Pietilas, a Kero, and a bunch of small, fast defensemen. I expect the Gold team to "want it" a little more and do whatever it takes to get the win and the glory.

edit:I didn't realize before that all the seniors are on the Gold Team, but that's basically what I was getting at.

get there by lunchtime for a seat. The Colosseum will be testing the fire safety codes.
        how much is parking?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          how much is parking?
          One box of mac & cheese per axle.

Today's fun fact: The Colosseum is the oldest ice arena in north america.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Don't say that within earshot of the Canadian guy in the World Juniors thread. He'll argue that it isn't actually an ice arena if a CHL team doesn't play there, or something else equally asinine.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Don't tell Northeastern that.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                Don't tell Northeastern that.
                they used to hold the honor, but demolished the old rink for an upgrade.

Comment

they used to hold the honor, but demolished the old rink for an upgrade.
                  ummmmm, Northeastern still plays at Matthews Arena...
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    it's still called that. (And I've never been there myself but) I heard the rink is new. Plus, "oldest ice arena in America" t-shirts sell a lot better than the "2nd oldest ice rink" ones did.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      It's been burned down and torn down during the years. By their definition, the Dee would actually hold the record.
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

It's been burned down and torn down during the years. By their definition, the Dee would actually hold the record.
                        that's a good point. I wonder if Marquette would put ice in the old Palestra, would that hold the record?

Comment

that's a good point. I wonder if Marquette would put ice in the old Palestra, would that hold the record?
                          Wasn't that torn down?

Comment

Wasn't that torn down?
                            yeah, probably. I still say the Armory/Colosseum deserves the record.

Comment

Huh, the Wikipedia page doesn't mention that, but maybe the page is only for the most recent incarnation of Matthews. According to the page, it was built in 1910, and it doesn't say anything about being torn down or rebuilt. Maybe Wiki is wrong, which is certainly possible.

edit: the information on NU's page mention 2 fires, but doesn't go into details.
                              Last edited by bigblue_dl; 01-06-2012, 10:33 AM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

if you are in the area GO TO THIS GAME! the Amory is full of history and old photos and old time hockey. its really a fun place to visit. dress warmly - its cold in there. stop by Pat's foods and look at the hockey pictures in beer/wine section (coincidence?). after the game go to Rocky's (formerly Randy's) - lots (and lots and lots) of old hockey pictures, cheap beer, free popcorn and Moscow Mules. you won't regret the experience. its fun!
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X