Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

2 for 4 on the loong road trip. I like it. bring on tUMD!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Yup, splits make me happy Tech fan!
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

What was the old saying... win at home, split on the road? At least Tech has the second part down pretty well - let's see if they can accomplish the first.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
          What was the old saying... win at home, split on the road? At least Tech has the second part down pretty well - let's see if they can accomplish the first.
          The other thing thats pretty interesting besides Flashy's not that we're averaging ~11.5 more shots per game is that they have been rather consistent between friday/saturday. Tech is 4-3-0 on fridays and 4-2-1 on saturdays so far this season.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Getting out of November with a 3-3 record should be considered acceptable considering the horrors of recent Novembers past. I don't believe Tech has had a .500 November in years.

Comment

I gave in and bought tickets to the GLI. I spend too much money.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The problem with buying tickets from the tech web site is that you have to sit in them. I'm buying six but they are going to be on the red line not in the corner.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  The problem with buying tickets from the tech web site is that you have to sit in them. I'm buying six but they are going to be on the red line not in the corner.
                  I didn't buy tickets on the tech website. My seats are at the blue line, I believe.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I watched the St. Lawrence games on the St. Lawrence streaming site. Their video was smooth over my 3Mbps DSL, unlike HuskiesLive, which often has breaks in streaming for me. I speed tested my DSL and it's very near 3Mbps, so I assume the issue is on the server end. The post game interviews are even worse because they're at higher res. I can't even watch them on HuskiesLive....I have to wait until THG posts them on YouTube. Anyone else get chunky response from HuskiesLive?

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                      I watched the St. Lawrence games on the St. Lawrence streaming site. Their video was smooth over my 3Mbps DSL, unlike HuskiesLive, which often has breaks in streaming for me. I speed tested my DSL and it's very near 3Mbps, so I assume the issue is on the server end. The post game interviews are even worse because they're at higher res. I can't even watch them on HuskiesLive....I have to wait until THG posts them on YouTube. Anyone else get chunky response from HuskiesLive?
                      Yep. even with a cable modem at home there are problems at times though mostly It works ok. On the road, say at a hotel where the speed is slower, a 2 or 3 minute video that wes posts will take 40 minutes to watch. Part of the problem is that you can't do like youtube and let it load and then watch the whole thing at once since it doesn't buffer.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                        Try Mike Usitalo.

He's only 20 something games in and they've been happy with his defensive play; little early to start worrying about his chances when they likely have plans for him to be there three years.

And once you're on Calumet, you probably heard Erkilla is back from Marquette and is playing for CHS this year. Also likely Tech will be watching both Storm (switching back to forward this year) and Jacques this year as Pearson noticed both in the finals last year; Jacques apparently already has an offer of some sort from NMU- his dad has a suite at MTU (Center Ice S & S).

A 4 point game for Johnson yesterday (2-G, 2-A). 12 points in his last 6 games. They won't have him for 3 years if he can keep scoring. Sounds like he is seeing a ton of ice time. PP and PK too.

Also, did hear Storm is on the radar. Not sure moving to forward is a smart move. Lot more chance of making the cut at D. Unless they are telling him to move to forward but I can't see it?

Jacques is a very nice player; it will be interesting to see how he progresses. Should get a ton of ice time with Johnson gone.

Comment

Chris Leibinger spent the weekend on a "call up" to Muskegon. In two games, he had four shots on goal and finished with a combined even +/- rating in a pair of 6-2 and 4-1 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            A 4 point game for Johnson yesterday (2-G, 2-A). 12 points in his last 6 games. They won't have him for 3 years if he can keep scoring. Sounds like he is seeing a ton of ice time. PP and PK too.

Also, did hear Storm is on the radar. Not sure moving to forward is a smart move. Lot more chance of making the cut at D. Unless they are telling him to move to forward but I can't see it?

Jacques is a very nice player; it will be interesting to see how he progresses. Should get a ton of ice time with Johnson gone.
                            I heard that Storm was moved back to D when Erkkila decided to play.
                            I'm a little sad that the Cal/Cranbrook series conflicts with the Tech/UMD series this weekend. Can't be in every rink at once.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I have been thinking about what it will take for Tech to get home ice. I figure, with fade's help, that 28 points is what will be needed. So if that is the bar it is quite attainable. However we have to get some points out of these next two weekends. No points will make home ice tough to get, unless we think we can win at UND or CC.
                              Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I have been thinking about what it will take for Tech to get home ice. I figure, with fade's help, that 28 points is what will be needed. So if that is the bar it is quite attainable. However we have to get some points out of these next two weekends. No points will make home ice tough to get, unless we think we can win at UND or CC.
                                Comments?
                                I think the tough one will be the gophers in the twin cities.... I think we get at least 2 from UMD at home.
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X