Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    My guess is that there will be some players that won't be invited to "camp."
    Jay Pietila who tried out this year is has taken a term off and is playing for the Michigan Warriors of the NAHL. Will likely be back in camp next year (or the following year?)

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
      Jay Pietila who tried out this year is has taken a term off and is playing for the Michigan Warriors of the NAHL. Will likely be back in camp next year (or the following year?)
      So with the Winter Classic coming to the Detroit metro next season....should the GLI move outdoors to revive some of the charm? For just the next season of course.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Hearing rumors?......Or starting rumors?

It would be a great

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          So with the Winter Classic coming to the Detroit metro next season....should the GLI move outdoors to revive some of the charm? For just the next season of course.
          Yeah, outdoor hockey would be great, because it wasn't pouring rain more than half the time we were in Detroit or anything.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            Hearing rumors?......Or starting rumors?

It would be a great
            Merely speculating.
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

hmmm.......looks more like lobbying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                hmmm.......looks more like lobbying.
                The odd thing is the athletic department retweeted my story on THG today... Not sure what to make of that.

Comment

Trouble is it's not just one game, it's four. If it rains I'm not thrilled about being outside for 8 hours, if it's freezing, same. I agree that we could use some marketing boosts. But could it be that a resurgent Tech team will bring better attendance, I bet so.I saw more Tech fans there than I have in years. At least on thursday. Many were quite old. like 65, or so.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Trouble is it's not just one game, it's four. If it rains I'm not thrilled about being outside for 8 hours, if it's freezing, same. I agree that we could use some marketing boosts. But could it be that a resurgent Tech team will bring better attendance, I bet so.I saw more Tech fans there than I have in years. At least on thursday. Many were quite old. like 65, or so.
                    An idea floated is that only the 3rd Place and Championship games be played outdoors.

Comment

Just curious, does anyone know what changed that Tech now posts game highlights, has a Tech Hockey facebook page with player interviews, pics and announcements, the Mel Pearson show etc? Is it just because Mel is now in town or did someone behind the scenes took a social media class? We're finally in the 21st century!

Comment

Some extra Tech fans came out of the woodwork, but outside of the championship game (Michigan vs. Michigan State, duh), it was easily the most pathetic attendance in GLI history, even compared to the last five years or so.

Comment

Even if you did all four games, the only scheduling conflict would be the actual Winter Classic game. Just move the dates for the games, or use JLA as the backup venue. Wasn't it Boston that hosted the Winter Classic, two mens college games, a womens college game, the NHL alumni skate, NHL practices, and family skates?

Holding even the Championship game or 3rd/Championship day would be easy.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                            Just curious, does anyone know what changed that Tech now posts game highlights, has a Tech Hockey facebook page with player interviews, pics and announcements, the Mel Pearson show etc? Is it just because Mel is now in town or did someone behind the scenes took a social media class? We're finally in the 21st century!
                            Part of the reason for starting THG was to push the athletic department to do better, so I'm hoping that had a bit to it. I do know the video coordinator has a good part to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              Now that Mel knows his players he'll probably spell it out for a few of them in March so they have time to consider pursuing other opportunities. I'm sure everyone involved finds that preferable to cuts.
                              Or it serves as off-season motivation for the fouth-liners and the guys wearing shirts and ties during the games this season...

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              Phoenix has played well lately, Shields can't wait to get a hold of him.
                              This caught my eye. Has Mel talked him into at least one more season on staff?

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Rumor was that Pearson wanted a two-year commitment out of Shields from the start, despite the earlier report that he was only going to be around for a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X