Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

I'd rather not give specifics until I have 100% of the details and context. My knowledge is second-hand.

Like Flashy said in the elevator on our way back up from the Olympia Club, this tournament was like an AC/DC song - "It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll"

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Despite Tech not winning and the difficulty of navigating the Joe on crutches, I enjoyed the tournament. Tech put in a good effort against BC and the championship game was a pretty good watch.

Comment

No moral victories this year, right?

It was a better played game. A more entertaining game for sure and tech did at times during the third period control the play.

May they find a way to "will" themselves to a few more victories in the second half of the season.

Comment

Apparently Chicago has taught John Scott to be like SEARS. A softer side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUT0NMAkjc
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Interesting GLI statistics courtesy of Wikipedia. In the 35 times Mel has been a player or a coach at GLI, he's finished fourth only five times:
            - MTU asst coach: 1985, 1986, 1987
            - U of M asst coach: 2000
            - MTU head coach: 2011

He's been with the Champion 17 times.

MTU has finished fourth 9 of the last 11 tournaments.

MTU is third in titles going 9 - 12 - 10 - 16 in 47 years.

IMHO, the GLI was more fun before they invited MSU every year. It's a more interesting tourney with two visiting teams instead of just one.
            Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 12-31-2011, 12:11 PM.
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Apparently Chicago has taught John Scott to be like SEARS. A softer side:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUT0NMAkjc
              Freaking classic! That is getting added to my favorites list!

Here is the commercial that lead to the one above:
              http://youtu.be/vHkDSz0TNWo

In happier news, David Johnstone has joined the Johnson's Jerseys team. Nice backstory on this jersey as well. You can see where the captain's "C" was formerly on the jersey. David wasn't a captain. That was stripped off the jersey the previous year when the previous captain was thrown off the team for "holding" (and I don't mean the kind that gets you a two minute penalty.)

Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 12-31-2011, 01:04 PM.
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Tyler Heinonen has not been in the lineup for Muskegon in the USHL for nearly a month. Does anyone know whether he is injured, traded or is it a coaches choice?

Comment

Just a heads up to my fellow Tech alumni, I’m putting a few jerseys up for sale from Huskies who went pro. I am selling these because I have more than one from this player/team. For those of you looking for something a bit unique regarding Tech's hockey program check out the offering. If you have an interest, just shoot me a line. I would ALWAYS consider a Tech game worn jersey in trade as well.

Happy New Year,
                  Ryan J

$195 Chris Conner – Dallas Stars – 2006-07 -- Likely from training camp his first season. The spelling of his name was corrected from “ConnOr” to “ConnEr”.

$175 This is an unused jersey from DOMENIC Pittis (not Jon). Brand new, never worn still with tags on the sleeve. NHL tagged as serial number 125673 Set 1.

$395 Tim Watters – Los Angeles Kings – 1993-94 – This is from Tim’s final full season in the NHL and has great wear. Team tagged in the hem and I had Tim autograph the jersey behind the cresting when he was the coach of the Huskies.

$150 Andy Sutton – Kentucky Thoroughblades – 1997-98 – This is a warm-up jersey from Andy’s first action in the AHL. He went straight from Tech following the end of their season and signed with the San Jose Sharks. He was assigned to their top development team for the rest of that season before moving up to the Sharks the next year.

$250 Chris Conner – Iowa Stars – 2006-07 – From Chris’ first full pro season when he finished 5th on the team in scoring (19-18—37) despite playing in only 48 games due to numerous call-ups to the Dallas Stars. I will only sell one of the Iowa jerseys.

$250 Chris Conner – Iowa Stars – 2007-08 – From Chris’ second pro season. Chris again finished 5th on the team in scoring (13-26—39) despite playing in only 55 games due to numerous call-ups to the Dallas Stars. I will only sell one of the Iowa jerseys.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Wishing a happy,healthy, wealthy, 2012 to all. And wishing and hoping 2012 has a few more wins for our beloved Huskies.

Comment

Happy New Year Tech Fans. hockeywise, it can't be worse than the last 30. right? seriously. right? it can't get worse? right?
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Happy New Year everone! Here's to staying in the home ice hunt in the 2nd half this season.

Posted on the Tech Hockey facebook page a couple hours ago.

Happy New Years! Stay tuned for a big annoucment regaurding an event next Saturday!

Comment

Probably the intra-squad game in Calumet.

Comment

From McPherson's OJHL bio:

Mr. McPherson brings a complete game being able to log big minutes while making positive contributions at both ends of the ice. Leader, strong, heady, fast, good passer, physical, big shot are all words to describe his game.
                            http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=7579

Comment

would be good to find a few goals under the tree for the second half. Hard to win scoring 1 per game.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

ok, so I've recalibrated my expectations with the new year. The GLI is history, the NCAA tournament isn't happening this season. There is still a faint hope of a home playoff series, which would require, among other things, sweeps against UAA and UNO at home, making the upcoming UAA series critically important to the home ice goal. Assuming the sweep doesn't happen, there's still a double-digit win total to accomplish, which I think was all we hoped for after last season. Right?
                                Confirmed on the 5 minutes of the MP show that I heard this morning, scrimmage at the Calumet Colosseum at 5:15 this Saturday, fired up for that.
                                Last edited by geezer; 01-02-2012, 11:56 AM.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X