Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Anyone know a good way for a guy on crutches to get from a car into the joe? Both my legs have worked every other time I've been to the place, so I've never really given it any thought.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by JohnDobler View Post
      Anyone know a good way for a guy on crutches to get from a car into the joe? Both my legs have worked every other time I've been to the place, so I've never really given it any thought.
      If you can have someone drop you off, there's an accessible entrance. Unfortunately, I'm not much more help than that.
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Glad to hear the stream is free!

Go Tech!
        Huskeeeeez

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDobler View Post
          Hire a couple of Michigan State grads to carry you in a roman litter.
          *****http://teachers.saschina.org/rderozario/files/2010/12/roman-litter.jpeg******
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Let's hope they win tomorrow. Go Huskies!
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Well not what we wanted, but a BC Tech matchup will be fun to see tomorrow live.

Comment

Personally we will have a very tough time staying with BC. Our positional play is not that good and BC moves the puck extremely well. Unless we play better positionally we will get killed. We also did only a fair job without the puck and we must have more energy. We played the first two periods with little energy, and that has to change. We had our chances and played better in the third, but BC is so quick they will be on the puck and it will be in the net unless we are better at moving out of our zone. To tell the truth it was a boring game. Certainly the msu style forced a grinding type of game but winning is probably not in the cards this time.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Personally we will have a very tough time staying with BC. Our positional play is not that good and BC moves the puck extremely well. Unless we play better positionally we will get killed. We also did only a fair job without the puck and we must have more energy. We played the first two periods with little energy, and that has to change. We had our chances and played better in the third, but BC is so quick they will be on the puck and it will be in the net unless we are better at moving out of our zone. To tell the truth it was a boring game. Certainly the msu style forced a grinding type of game but winning is probably not in the cards this time.
                  Couldn't have said it better myself. No energy, no hustle for today's game. Better change tomorrow or it will be 5-0 BC before you can say "uncle."

Comment

*RAGE*

Fcuk hockey with dental instruments.

Where was the senior leadership between periods and on the ice tonight? Nice job, Brett and Jordan. I actually found myself wishing for Jimmy Kerr out there - he would've given a damn, even if it led to a penalty box parade.

Half of Palmisano's "saves" were girly-arse dump-ins into his chest or from terrible angles. The only time Tech had anything going in the slot was during the 5x3 which resulted in our only goal. Other than that, there were far too many "shot" attempts from the perimeter. Even when they did try to work the puck into the slot, fcuking MSUcks quickly muscled us out of there, and/or otherwise snuffed out the play before it developed into anything dangerous.

Boston College will destroy us tomorrow unless Robinson has a career game, and I don't see that happening. All the build up for this GLI, and what we got tonight was fcuking pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. That's all I've got; I'm off to drink some more beers, and write the THG recap article I signed up for. Good thing I don't have work tomorrow.

Comment

I would agree with much of what is said in the last three posts: I really was expecting a much better game out of Olson & Baker, I thought Chad Pietila would show a little more, but he was a complete non-factor, poor positioning, inability to get the puck to the net and generate quality scoring chances, too many poor clearing attempts one of which resulted in the second msu goal, and over-all still to many little passing mistakes (as in someone under no pressure not only can' t put the pass on the tape, but puts the pass on the wrong side of who he is passing to).

The energy thing puzzles me a bit. Maybe I have to separate energy from the fore check which I thought they did a good job of. Tech certainly controlled much of the first period, at least territorially, when they weren't on the PK. And I think that for the whole game more time was spent in msu's zone than in tech's. Tech just doesn't have the skill it seems to get the puck, out from along the boards and in the corners, to the front of the net.

and yes, If BC moves the puck the way they did yesterday and tech doesn't take advantage of what ever chances they do get, the game will be out of reach rather quickly.

SO as always Go Huskies!!

Comment

I would anticipate Genoe getting the start today.

Based on the responses, probably some more lineup changes.

This will be my first time seeing the team live today, I certainly do not expect to be blown out.

Go get em guys!!!!!!

Comment

Well lets not forget the quality of play from msu, Their defense was suburb, they smothered anything around the net and like I said, they played rope a dope really well, laying back and waiting for their chances. At one point they had 2 goals on 15 shots. They also did get somewhat lucky on the rebounds not coming to us.
                          I thought olson played very hard and was all over the ice, but I would agree chad was a non factor throughout as was baker, though I kind of expected that. Brown was fairly good but was on the ice for at least one of the goals, and the turnovers have been a real problem all year. we have just relied on the goalie to stop them.
                          Our goal was on a 5 x3 and then it took 30 seconds after one of the three lost his stick before we scored. So it was really 5x2.I didn't think the johnstone boys played that well and overall we just are too lazy on the back check and we allowed msu to repeatedly choke off our breakouts.
                          I think the team will get better but right now I am not optimistic going forward for this year. Palmisano played quite well also, and robo kept us in the game late.
                          Also positionally we were not disciplined and got caught often with three forwards in the corner,... not good.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Well lets not forget the quality of play from msu, Their defense was suburb, they smothered anything around the net and like I said, they played rope a dope really well, laying back and waiting for their chances. At one point they had 2 goals on 15 shots. They also did get somewhat lucky on the rebounds not coming to us.
                            I thought olson played very hard and was all over the ice, but I would agree chad was a non factor throughout as was baker, though I kind of expected that. Brown was fairly good but was on the ice for at least one of the goals, and the turnovers have been a real problem all year. we have just relied on the goalie to stop them.
                            Our goal was on a 5 x3 and then it took 30 seconds after one of the three lost his stick before we scored. So it was really 5x2.I didn't think the johnstone boys played that well and overall we just are too lazy on the back check and we allowed msu to repeatedly choke off our breakouts.
                            I think the team will get better but right now I am not optimistic going forward for this year. Palmisano played quite well also, and robo kept us in the game late.
                            Also positionally we were not disciplined and got caught often with three forwards in the corner,... not good.
                            He had a stick when the goal was scored. They had a clear where he got to the bench to grab one.
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

My favorite turnover last night was when Sova skated out from behind the net and directly into the slot, with an MSU guy behind him and two MSU players who had moved up in front of him. Classic "Same Old Huskies" moment there, and luckily not converted for a State goal (not that it mattered).

Comment

I'd forgotten about that one. As you say maybe the best (worst) one of the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X