Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Defenseman, Kent McPherson (Trenton Golden Hawks-OJHL) has committed to Michigan Tech. He played 9 games in QMJHL so he will have to sit out a season plus 9 games and be eligible for the 10th game of the 2013-14 season. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45136 Looks good, has nearly a point per game including 30 goals in 78 games so far. More later when I get some time.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Overage Canadians. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Haha, I'd imagine you have to start somewhere for the next couple of years, I'd think that we'll start seeing Mel compete for "normal" recruits in a few years.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          John was only a short term pick-up to begin with. K-zoo was hurting for bodies to throw out there due to injuries.
          He didn't practice with the team, only there for the games.
          Both were short term contracts

L'Esperance signed a one week contract just to fill in for a couple of games while home on break

Comment

‎20 year old Defenseman, Kent McPherson (Trenton-OJHL) Latest to Join the Huskies: http://dlvr.it/12ZSWf
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

To be clear, I did say that in jest; not to question Pearson's recruiting practices. This guy looks pretty good on paper, too bad we'll only get about 2 3/4 seasons out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                Both were short term contracts

L'Esperance signed a one week contract just to fill in for a couple of games while home on break
                Figured L'Esperance was as well, didn't know for sure.

Comment

To be clear, I did say that in jest; not to question Pearson's recruiting practices. This guy looks pretty good on paper, too bad we'll only get about 2 3/4 seasons out of him.
                  Yeah, I figured as much. Its hard to argue with his stats so far, although that league is tough as I said in my article to judge. There are only 7 defenseman in the top 25 in scoring that are even on Heisenberg's list.

Comment

Nice (but brief) mention of Pearson / MTU and the GLI during the Versus / NBC Sports telecast tonight. It sounded like the announcers talked to Pearson when they were in Detroit the day before to do the Blues v Wings game. All promotions are good promotions at this point.

And I'm all for overage Canadians - that was the basic team make up the last time we hosted playoffs in Houghton. So we have to take some ribbing from North Dakota. In a few days, they won't even have a name so they have bigger problems then us stealing their third line players. I hope their uniforms have "Thanks for 'Nothing' NCAA" as the cresting.

Ryan J
                    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      I hope their uniforms have "Thanks for 'Nothing' NCAA" as the cresting.

Ryan J
                      Perhaps they could take a cue from their old name and become the UND Flick-offs.
                      Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                      I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                      Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Go Huskies!

Comment

Game day is here, go Huskies!

Comment

Any word on who is going to be in the lineup for MTU?

I think this game with MSU could be very entertaining.

Comment

sweet. Looks like the stream will be free. go huskies!
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

HUSKEEEZ! bring that hardware home!

(what's wrong with overage Canadians?) (I like them)
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X