Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    As like a great pickup, was he looking at other schools?
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
      As like a great pickup, was he looking at other schools?
      I don't know, you'll have to wait for the in depth interview series which is starting in January.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Is the team in Detroit? Heard they may be meeting up for GLI today.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          Is the team in Detroit? Heard they may be meeting up for GLI today.
          It sounds like it from the Mining Gazette today, all except a couple had made it to Detroit on Monday.

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Other notes, Chad Pietila could play Friday, Tommy Brown will likely play one time this weekend and Tanner Kero is still questionable for this weekend.

Comment

The Huskies are named the Surprise Team over on the Inside College Hockey Mid-season WCHA report. As one who has "lived and died with the Huskies for years", it's nice to see the kind words, however, I'm not wild about the "Wolverines North" moniker:

"The numbers read like some recounting of Old Testament lore when you consider that Michigan Tech has gone more than 30 years since its last trip to a Frozen Four or even winning its own holiday tournament. So you’ll forgive those who have lived and died with the Huskies for years if they get a little giddy over things like being at .500 or better at the break and being in true contention for a home series in the first round of the WCHA playoffs. It’s been a nice combo of familiar faces that are healthy, new faces that are competitive, and a coaching staff that could be nicknamed 'Wolverines North' that has given the Huskies some much-needed feistiness on the ice and on the bench."
            Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 12-28-2011, 01:52 PM.
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
              however, I'm not wild about the "Wolverines North" moniker
              I doubt Damon or Randy cares for it either.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Preview: Great Lakes Invitational up on Tech Hockey Guide, including quotes from Mel Pearson, Tom Anastos, Red Berenson and Brett Olson. http://dlvr.it/12Q7R0
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I don't know, you'll have to wait for the in depth interview series which is starting in January.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pL-b...endscreen&NR=1

A video which included him in alot of clips - #15 - seems like a big, mobile, physical, defensive, defenseman

Comment

Preview: Great Lakes Invitational up on Tech Hockey Guide, including quotes from Mel Pearson, Tom Anastos, Red Berenson and Brett Olson. http://dlvr.it/12Q7R0
                    Updated to include webcast information. MichiganTechHuskies.com will be streaming the Michigan Tech vs Michigan State semi-final game as well as the 3rd place game. The Michigan vs Boston College final will be live on FSN Detroit and the championship game will be streamed on FoxSportsDetroit.com

Comment

(...Yeah, I already posted this in the GLI thread, but I'm pretty pumped!) Check out this historical item I just added to my collection. This is one of two prototype jerseys produced for the 1994 GLI. I purchased the other in 2002, but the owner wanted to keep this one. Almost a decade later, and the week of GLI, it surfaces again and is now part of my collection! This is a sign - Tech wins the GLI for sure now.
                      (This is worth two!)
                      Ryan J

Here is the other jersey I purchased in 2002. You can read the back story of both jerseys at the link below.
                      http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/alt_tips.html

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        (...Yeah, I already posted this in the GLI thread, but I'm pretty pumped!) Check out this historical item I just added to my collection. This is one of two prototype jerseys produced for the 1994 GLI. I purchased the other in 2002, but the owner wanted to keep this one. Almost a decade later, and the week of GLI, it surfaces again and is now part of my collection! This is a sign - Tech wins the GLI for sure now.
                        (This is worth two!)
                        Ryan J

Here is the other jersey I purchased in 2002. You can read the back story of both jerseys at the link below.
                        http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/alt_tips.html

I love that style of jersey. Love love love it.
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Linkorama is up for this week including videos of John Scott's TWO fights this week: http://dlvr.it/11tjlk
                          And Kivisto and L'Esperance are both released as of yesterday, "In separate transactions, the K-Wings released forward Alan L’Esperance and defensemen John Kivisto" Full Story Here

Quick turnaround there...

Comment

John was only a short term pick-up to begin with. K-zoo was hurting for bodies to throw out there due to injuries.
                            He didn't practice with the team, only there for the games.

Comment

now that all this holiday BS is over, its time to get our GLI on! GO TECH!
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Updated to include webcast information. MichiganTechHuskies.com will be streaming the Michigan Tech vs Michigan State semi-final game as well as the 3rd place game. The Michigan vs Boston College final will be live on FSN Detroit and the championship game will be streamed on FoxSportsDetroit.com
                                Good to hear! hopefully the quality is a bit better...
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X