Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Alright. I want to applaud whichever one of your alumni work for Google.

Go to Google.com and type "Michigan Tech" - the right side of the search results shows a zoom in of the campus and "Michigan Technological University" as the title. (MTU brings up the Mitsubishi stock prices for the record)

Repeat with "LSSU" - the right side of the search results shows a campus map and "Lake Superior State University"

Now with "NMU"...

Which one of you wise a** alums got Google to do that?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Michigan vs Tech in the GLI Championship game. Calling it. Red vs Mel I.

Hope you techies make the trip down to Detroit. Can't wait, already got my seats behind the net.

Go Blue!
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Go to Google.com and type "Michigan Tech" - the right side of the search results shows a zoom in of the campus and "Michigan Technological University" as the title. (MTU brings up the Mitsubishi stock prices for the record)

Repeat with "LSSU" - the right side of the search results shows a campus map and "Lake Superior State University"

Now with "NMU"...

Took me a bit to notice... but that's awesome!
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Now with "NMU"...

That's old-school.
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Michigan Tech:
            WJC relate? none, but MTU should have Chad Pietila on the roster now and Tommy Brown should be back.
            EDIT: Fillion will not be joining the team until after the GLI.
            Was also mentioned on the MP show that Tanner Kero will be out for 1-4 weeks with a strained shoulder. Tech is really going to miss him a lot in the GLI, although having Chad should help with that loss. And I'm still picking Tech to win the thing. High hopes.
            Another note on the MP show this morning: I was surprised how confidently Mel talked about the chances of earning home ice. Like he really believes it's more likely than not...
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Now with "NMU"...

I'm gonna go smack the one I live with. I know he's not involved, but I'm going to do it anyway.

*edit* OK, the freaking grin he gave when I brought this post up? I think sir hoser forgets I'm both faster and stronger than him, even when injured.
              Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM.
              Always a Wildcat...
              Originally posted by Kepler
              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

A close look at The First Half for Michigan Tech and what's yet to come. dlvr.it/11PtQ4 #mtuhky
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Another note on the MP show this morning: I was surprised how confidently Mel talked about the chances of earning home ice. Like he really believes it's more likely than not...
                  Mel was hired to win - that's why Suzanne basically wrote him a blank check. No sense being wishy washy on the chances for home ice when we're still in the mix (though for how long remains to be seen).

Comment

Looks like recruits Lesperance & Kauppila will be squaring off again Thursday morning of GLI if anyone is down there and has nothing better to do. Should be some decent hockey. I believe Compuware Arena is only 30 minutes or so from Detroit.

Little Caesars VS Chicago Young Americans Thu, Dec 29 8:30 AM Compuware NHL
                    Honeybaked VS Chicago Mission Thu, Dec 29 9:30 AM Compuware OLY
                    Compuware VS Team Illinois Thu, Dec 29 10:30 AM Compuware NHL
                    Honeybaked VS Team Illinois Thu, Dec 29 4:40 PM Compuware NHL
                    Little Caesars VS Chicago Mission Thu, Dec 29 6:40 PM Compuware OLY
                    Compuware VS Chicago Young Americans Thu, Dec 29 6:40 PM Compuware NHL
                    Honeybaked VS Chicago Young Americans Fri, Dec 30 8:30 AM Compuware NHL
                    Little Caesars VS Team Illinois Fri, Dec 30 9:00 AM Compuware OLY
                    Compuware VS Chicago Mission Fri, Dec 30 10:30 AM Compuware NHL

Comment

Compuware Arena is in Plymouth, it's where the OHL Whalers play.

Comment

"I'd give the team a solid 'B' considering where we've come from," Pearson said..."I'm pleased but not satisfied."

Comment

Best Christmas wishes and a Happy New Year to Husky Hockey Fans! Looking forward to spending the holidays home in the Copper Country and the rematch in January! Happy Holidays!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Sounds like Pearson is reviving the intrasquad game at the Colleseum in Calumet on Jan 7 prior to the CHS game. One ticket gets you into both games.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                              Sounds like Pearson is reviving the intrasquad game at the Colleseum in Calumet on Jan 7 prior to the CHS game. One ticket gets you into both games.
                              Cool! and a nice way to reach back out into the community as well. I'm still grumpy I'm not living back at home during all this...
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Michigan Tech picked up another recruit today. Goaltender Jamie Phillips, Powell River-BCHL, currently 1st in GAA (2.14) and 5th in Save % (.917)
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X